Page 432 of 901 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 432

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    Must be the new Made with "Real" ___ trend
    Made with real, unadulterated CW crack?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darbyfett View Post
    "Eating one egg as part of a healthy breakfast may help you lose weight by keeping you from getting hungry later in the morning."

One? ONE?! 3 is a small quick meal. I couldn't imagine how sad one egg would look.
    yeah... i'd just continue my fast. one egg would just piss me off.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Make your pizza & pasta healthy:
    Italian Takeout: 10 Tips For Making It Healthier

You can do it and you will be fine after eating the one egg for breakfast, at least you didn't skip!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    In the L. Frank Baum book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Wizard's true name is Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs, but he goes by the initials of his first and middle name. The acronym is OZ PINHEAD. Seems appropriate, no? Time to pull aside the curtain and reveal Oz for what he is.
    LOL i never knew that!

Speaking of going out and gathering wheat, friends of mine who just got a house with some land in upstate CA are going to lengths to grow a lot of their own food. Veggie plots, chickens, beehives, all sorts of good stuff. Theyre mostly vegetarian but theyre super against big agribusiness so we see eye to eye on a lot of points.

Anyway, part of their plan is to grow their own wheat. They're really excited about it, got a scythe and everything. I couldnt help but think that they are going to learn REAL FAST how much work grains require to gather and what little pay-off you get for such amount of work.

Id be a lot more excited if they were growing like einkorn or emmer or some other wild-type form of grain, but last I talked to them they were just planning on regular semi-dwarf wheat. Sigh.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    =
    Anyway, part of their plan is to grow their own wheat. They're really excited about it, got a scythe and everything. I couldnt help but think that they are going to learn REAL FAST how much work grains require to gather and what little pay-off you get for such amount of work.

Id be a lot more excited if they were growing like einkorn or emmer or some other wild-type form of grain, but last I talked to them they were just planning on regular semi-dwarf wheat. Sigh.
    Please keep us updated; can't wait to see their eyes open.

But being against big agri-business, how could they grow semi-dwarf wheat? Have they heard of Wheat Belly? Spelt? Kamut, even?
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    LOL i never knew that!

Speaking of going out and gathering wheat, friends of mine who just got a house with some land in upstate CA are going to lengths to grow a lot of their own food. Veggie plots, chickens, beehives, all sorts of good stuff. Theyre mostly vegetarian but theyre super against big agribusiness so we see eye to eye on a lot of points.

Yeah, I don't think they've fully researched milling and the type of crop yields you need to have a useful amount of flour.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they've fully researched milling and the type of crop yields you need to have a useful amount of flour.
    They are smart, i mean the gal is a professor at the local college and the guy is an environmental scientist. But theyre also looking to install solar panels and rain water collectors and new insulation in the house and im sure in the crush to do ALL THESE THINGS they just havent had the time to really sit down and think about the implications of growing the grain
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    They are smart, i mean the gal is a professor at the local college and the guy is an environmental scientist. But theyre also looking to install solar panels and rain water collectors and new insulation in the house and im sure in the crush to do ALL THESE THINGS they just havent had the time to really sit down and think about the implications of growing the grain
    Hey, even smart, educated people sometimes do foolish things. I'm reasonably smart and educated, and today I got hot beef fat all over my kitchen counter (though I did get most of it in the jar where it was supposed to go).

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    Hey, even smart, educated people sometimes do foolish things. I'm reasonably smart and educated, and today I got hot beef fat all over my kitchen counter (though I did get most of it in the jar where it was supposed to go).
    I'm supposed to be a genius and yet I frequently do stupid things. Like overspending with my shiny new credit card.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lesson of the day is: Always bring a coconut to a hammer fight.

Last edited by Milty; 05-02-2012 at 05:18 PM.