Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    cute x 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Darbyfett is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    It's at least a start - someone is recognizing some small part of the truth that plenty of protein for breakfast is key to keeping away cravings. They have a long way to go, but it's a start - I never heard anything like this in CW before. (except I guess it's similar to GMO-loaded Kashi's assertion that one serving of their cereal has "as much protein as an egg")
    Later on they said not to eat more than a few because of the fat and cholesterol.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Eat more and weigh less with Volumetrics - CNN.com

From the intro:

You're no diet dummy -- your "unrealistic" detector is on high alert. Cut out carbs? Fast on herbal juice blends? Please.
    So what a relief to rediscover Volumetrics, a way of eating that just plain makes sense.
    You know what makes more sense? Eating real, nutritious food and eating as much of it as you damn well please.

Pomegranate is offline Junior Member
    Just got invited to an event on fb. The event is titled "EAT CANDY to fight cancer".

Description: "Who knew you could help fight against cancer by eating cotton candy, chocolate fondue, and sipping on some chai? Come support us in fighting against cancer for Relay For Life -- an initiative through the American Cancer Society."

facepalm.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I was out walking with my sister in law and couple of her buddies and the topic of diet came up. Normally, I keep my mouth shut and let people delude themselves, 'cause they sure as sin won't hear me. My sister in law mentioned that I'd lost some weight and had more energy, but she could never eat the way I do. The two friends pounced on that and asked what I did. I responded with "The human body is not evolutionarily designed for grains or beans, but for meats, fats, and vegetation."
    "Grains are vegetation," the guy responded.
    "Dude, if you can go out into the country here and gather up enough grains of wild wheat to make a loaf of bread every week, I might believe you. I just know my body runs better and my thyroid behaves better with no grains or beans."
    "That's not what Dr. Oz says, he says you should eat beans everyday because it's healthier than meat."
    *facepalm*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I was out walking with my sister in law and couple of her buddies and the topic of diet came up. Normally, I keep my mouth shut and let people delude themselves, 'cause they sure as sin won't hear me. My sister in law mentioned that I'd lost some weight and had more energy, but she could never eat the way I do. The two friends pounced on that and asked what I did. I responded with "The human body is not evolutionarily designed for grains or beans, but for meats, fats, and vegetation."
    "Grains are vegetation," the guy responded.
    "Dude, if you can go out into the country here and gather up enough grains of wild wheat to make a loaf of bread every week, I might believe you. I just know my body runs better and my thyroid behaves better with no grains or beans."
    "That's not what Dr. Oz says, he says you should eat beans everyday because it's healthier than meat."
    *facepalm*
    In the L. Frank Baum book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Wizard's true name is Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs, but he goes by the initials of his first and middle name. The acronym is OZ PINHEAD. Seems appropriate, no? Time to pull aside the curtain and reveal Oz for what he is.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darbyfett View Post
    Later on they said not to eat more than a few because of the fat and cholesterol.
    Of course! It's just a *start* - but it is a start.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

fiercehunter is offline Banned

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Must be the new Made with "Real" ___ trend