Page 43 of 839 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 43

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    My funny CW moment wasnt so much CW as SAD. Very very SAD. I was nursing my son in the food court area of a Target. Actually I was done nursing and completely buttoned up and he was asleep with the blanket over his head. A family came by and had to pass me to get to the soda machines. They saw me and reacted in abject horror. The mother shielded her children (roughly age 18 months and 3) from the horrific site of a baby possibly maybe doing something unnatural like obtaining calories from its mother. Clearly, as demonstrated by the children in question, the proper source of calories for a baby was a hot dog, a soft pretzel, and a chocolate chip cookie the size of its head (they had 4 of each of these items so clearly the 1 year old was intended to consume). The father with plenty of muttered words and dirty looks braved the sleeping/nursing gauntlet to fill 4 gigantic cups with carbonated corn syrup. More foul mutterings in my direction.

I told him he was a Dr. Phil moment waiting to happen
    That is very very sad. I have been nursing for 7 years, and NIP whenever it seems necessary/appropriate (from baby's perspective, not society's). I have never had a negative comment, even when i was 8 months pregnant, nursing a 2 1/2 yo "baby" (out of the way) in the middle of the grocery store. I'm sorry you've had to deal with that. :\

Quote Originally Posted by mozzy10 View Post
    This just got me wondering if people who think FLOUR isn't made from wheat is because they are thinking FLOWER in their head. Maybe they think bread is made from some kind of flower????
    I know my husband knows that tortillas are made from flour, not flower. We have used all kinds of flour in our house, i think it was just a blond moment. Maybe we're so used to referring to wheat flour as just flour, that it takes a moment to realize that it's made of wheat.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.
    hahahahahaha! sig'd

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Was at a networking event last night. They didn't have anything I could eat except for some strawberries, so I had strawberries and drank tea. A very good friend, over his 3rd beer in an hour and a half, made some comment about "eating that healthy for that long can't be good for you." My husband and our other good friend just stared at him. In my Sweet Southern Belle voice I replied "[Friend], I've lost weight and gotten healthier. Can't say the beer's done either for you."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    In my Sweet Southern Belle voice I replied "[Friend], I've lost weight and gotten healthier. Can't say the beer's done either for you."

Excellent come back, but you seem to be missing a 'bless your heart'

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Excellent come back, but you seem to be missing a 'bless your heart'
    Nah, I never use that one. It's always "I love [person] to death>." I damn near said Sweetie instead of his name, though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "eating healthy... can't be good for you."
    BUH?

I would have been stunned by the inanity of that statement to make any comeback whatsoever. well done NK

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Me: "Wait, so you're saying that's literally all you drink? No water, even?"
    Friend: "Nope! I haven't had any water in oh... hmm... probably two or three years now!"
    I think that was me. A year ago, that's what I was doing. Then I developed UT problems so bad I ended up peeing blood. Now, I don't drink ANY diet soda. All water, mineral water, tea. It's amazing how we ignore these things, until we can't.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastman View Post
    BUH?

I would have been stunned by the inanity of that statement to make any comeback whatsoever. well done NK
    Yeah I had a headdesk moment there too...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    I took my company's health assessment questionaire last night (I knew how it would end up but taking it entered me to win a TV!) I scored 48 out of average of 54 points for my age group despite never smoking, drinking, or doing drugs in my life, having no previous medical conditions, basically zero job or homelife related stress and basically excellent health.

A coworker who drinks, smokes, has bad cholesterol, has a much higher BMI (for whatever crap that is worth!) than I and has a few other health problems scored only two points lower than I did...

All because I eat 0 servings of "healthy whole grains" per day...lol
    Since I knew they weren't going to use the information for any sort of study, when I filled out a similar survey for health insurance, I lied to them. I then called them up to complain about the answer choices (I think I complained about them waaaay back in this thread).

Probably unrelated, but they removed the health survey requirement about two days later.