Page 420 of 869 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 8685

Thread: Funny CW moments page 420

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    So I went to the pediatrician this week with my 18 month-old for her shots/check up. She's pretty small at 20lbs and the doctor was concerned about her weight. He told me (and the resident in the room) that we need to feed her good fats: avocado, half & half, butter, "basically all the things we aren't supposed to eat, she should be eating." While I don't mind feeding her all the good fats, and would rather feed her then the crap chicken nuggets and mac n cheese we've been feeding her, I don't think that's going to fatten the kid up. More bread for the little peanut?
    Maybe more carbs, but def doesn't have to be bread

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    A friend of mine is trying to lose weight. She is making a great effort, works out hard.... but is following a CW diet. So she asked me to bring her lunch from Chic Fil A- a wrap and a salad. You know a healthy choice. Very low fat. (on another note- it was $10 for a smallish wrap and a small (but decent looking salad and a diet coke). So she gets it, eats it. 2 hours later is hungry and hits the food truck for a sandwich and fries.

I went on the chic fil a site- her lunch that kept her full for 2 hours.... had 500 calories in it. My breakfast of eggs, bacon, fruit and coffee with real cream, plus asparagus... was about the same and kept me going until about 7:30pm.

I know its not all about calories in/calories out but this poor girl eats 5 or 6 times a day and everything just sounded sad. Eggwhites and whole grain muffin. Chicken with salad. Nuts and fruit (ok, sounded good), more chicken with veggies....

If she had eaten a larger breakfast with more fat, she could have skipped the $10 chic fil a 500 calories AND the probably 1000 calorie snack since 4 ounces of chicken, some flour and veggies don't keep ya full.

I told her about Primal but she said it sounded like too much work.... I mean- really? Just use the yolks in your eggs. Fry some bacon. Make a hamburger.
    Last edited by magnolia1973; 04-21-2012 at 05:23 PM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Got the spiralizer (FUN kitchen toy!) and posted pics on Facebook of raw spiralized zucchini. I sauteed it, then covered it in butter and Parmesan, and it was really freaking good.

Now everyone wants to buy a spiralizer, and probably because zucchini is low fat.

Next time I'll just post pics of melting butter.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Got the spiralizer (FUN kitchen toy!) and posted pics on Facebook of raw spiralized zucchini. I sauteed it, then covered it in butter and Parmesan, and it was really freaking good.

Now everyone wants to buy a spiralizer, and probably because zucchini is low fat.

Spiralizers are amazing! That's exactly what I do with mine. And idk, when I posted a pic of my zucchini pasta everyone thought it was pretty cool too, but then again most of my friends aren't at the point where they care about fat or anything. Give it a few years and I guess I'll be hearing it lol. Although there are lots of vegans around my age...

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    A friend of mine is trying to lose weight. She is making a great effort, works out hard.... but is following a CW diet. So she asked me to bring her lunch from Chic Fil A- a wrap and a salad. You know a healthy choice. Very low fat. (on another note- it was $10 for a smallish wrap and a small (but decent looking salad and a diet coke). So she gets it, eats it. 2 hours later is hungry and hits the food truck for a sandwich and fries.

I went on the chic fil a site- her lunch that kept her full for 2 hours.... had 500 calories in it. My breakfast of eggs, bacon, fruit and coffee with real cream, plus asparagus... was about the same and kept me going until about 7:30pm.

I know its not all about calories in/calories out but this poor girl eats 5 or 6 times a day and everything just sounded sad. Eggwhites and whole grain muffin. Chicken with salad. Nuts and fruit (ok, sounded good), more chicken with veggies....

If she had eaten a larger breakfast with more fat, she could have skipped the $10 chic fil a 500 calories AND the probably 1000 calorie snack since 4 ounces of chicken, some flour and veggies don't keep ya full.

I told her about Primal but she said it sounded like too much work.... I mean- really? Just use the yolks in your eggs. Fry some bacon. Make a hamburger.
    I love post workout meals, as they allow me to gorge, haha! I think it'll last me, until tomorrow night, or longer: a slab of lamb blade, with plentiful veggies, three small sweet potatoes; six-pasture raised eggs; three bananas; two strawberries.

As far as Chic Fil-A, I'm sure they don't divulge a lot of their ingredients surrounding their wraps. But, whatever it's made of, I'm not sure if it's nutrient-dense, or not. From the sound of it, it's not.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post

Are people still demonizing butter? I probably could have seen that a handful of years ago. But, Alton Brown (I know, I know, not everyone in the U.S. has cable w/ Food Network) espoused butter's praises (I also think Choco linked a youtube version of the episode.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    Are people still demonizing butter? I probably could have seen that a handful of years ago. But, Alton Brown (I know, I know, not everyone in the U.S. has cable w/ Food Network) espoused butter's praises (I also think Choco linked a youtube version of the episode.
    I have quite a few friends that won't eat egg yolks because "there's too much fat in them!" So butter is definitely Satan as far they're concerned. When I started dating The Boyfriend, he told me he never eats margarine (makes him sick - literally) and I think I fell in love with him just a little bit more.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

adr617 is offline Member
    I went to breakfast with a few of my girlfriends awhile ago. They know me as a health nut with a ton of allergies and they think it's fun to ask me about what I eat. One asked me if I eat soy. When I said no, she asked why. Quick explanation is that it's not good for our bodies... Waitress came. I ordered bacon. My friend turned to me and said, "Wait. You won't eat soy, but you eat bacon?!?"

Oh my innocent CW friends...
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by changeloa192 View Post
    I can eat plain rice or pasta....especially with butter. When I did theater I used to eat a huge bowl of plain pasta right before a show. It seemed easiest to digest and no bad breath from it.
    This one gave me a "wtf??" :/ They just keep getting weirder...

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Whenever people talk about the George Forman grill I alway interject how much I love "that little gravy tray" and watch their horrified expressions.