Page 42 of 873 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 42

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsToon View Post
    Canio6, that is one of my favorite videos on the internet! Every time we get sushi, I pour the biru and say "ma ma ma ma!" and hubs says "oh to to to!" and we both laugh.
    It's nice to know I am not the only one who does that

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    These are pretty funny and I'm all for laughing at people who don't know things but try not to stoop to the vegan level of mocking them. We all had to learn it sometime; you can't blame them for being taught the wrong things and manipulated into buying products.

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    My mom, who has no clue on what the internets are, ask me to order her some comfortable shoes for work. They were too pricey and I then suggested that she should try to get shoes that are flat and flexible so that you can strengthen your foot muscles and maybe your feet won't be so uncomfortable anymore at work. She seemed to take in my advice somewhat. So, a few days later she comes up to me and says "Oh, you'll be proud of me, I got the new sketchers shape-ups." -____- In one ear and right out the other, even when someone takes my advice they miss the point.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I took my company's health assessment questionaire last night (I knew how it would end up but taking it entered me to win a TV!) I scored 48 out of average of 54 points for my age group despite never smoking, drinking, or doing drugs in my life, having no previous medical conditions, basically zero job or homelife related stress and basically excellent health.

A coworker who drinks, smokes, has bad cholesterol, has a much higher BMI (for whatever crap that is worth!) than I and has a few other health problems scored only two points lower than I did...

All because I eat 0 servings of "healthy whole grains" per day...lol

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    A coworker who drinks, smokes, has bad cholesterol, has a much higher BMI (for whatever crap that is worth!) than I and has a few other health problems scored only two points lower than I did...

:/ That's kinda funny...and sad
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

My funny CW moment wasnt so much CW as SAD. Very very SAD. I was nursing my son in the food court area of a Target. Actually I was done nursing and completely buttoned up and he was asleep with the blanket over his head. A family came by and had to pass me to get to the soda machines. They saw me and reacted in abject horror. The mother shielded her children (roughly age 18 months and 3) from the horrific site of a baby possibly maybe doing something unnatural like obtaining calories from its mother. Clearly, as demonstrated by the children in question, the proper source of calories for a baby was a hot dog, a soft pretzel, and a chocolate chip cookie the size of its head (they had 4 of each of these items so clearly the 1 year old was intended to consume). The father with plenty of muttered words and dirty looks braved the sleeping/nursing gauntlet to fill 4 gigantic cups with carbonated corn syrup. More foul mutterings in my direction.

I told him he was a Dr. Phil moment waiting to happen

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    ha, ridiculous. love the LJ userpic.
    last night my husband asked me if breakfast would be easier if we just made a bunch of breakfast burritoes at the beginning of the week. i said that i'm not in favor of that idea because of the tortillas. his response was "FLOUR tortillas? there's no wheat in that...uh, oh right." hehe.

This just got me wondering if people who think FLOUR isn't made from wheat is because they are thinking FLOWER in their head. Maybe they think bread is made from some kind of flower????

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DubleYoo View Post
    These are pretty funny and I'm all for laughing at people who don't know things but try not to stoop to the vegan level of mocking them. We all had to learn it sometime; you can't blame them for being taught the wrong things and manipulated into buying products.
    We can when they're health professionals who have a moral obligation to stay current on these topics.

We can when it's for stuff that's stupid even from a calories in/calories out perspective. Label reading is basic stuff even for CW.

We can when they're actually SEEING what's going on and don't get it.

And we certainly can mock people who don't know that white bread is wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    We can when they're health professionals who have a moral obligation to stay current on these topics.

We can when it's for stuff that's stupid even from a calories in/calories out perspective. Label reading is basic stuff even for CW.

We can when they're actually SEEING what's going on and don't get it.

And we certainly can mock people who don't know that white bread is wheat.
    If someone is CW "healthy" I would never mock. After all, we have for the most part chosen to accept the word of a different expert just as much. But someone slogging down a 48oz big gulp and nachos and lecturing me about my food choices? That's fair game.