Page 419 of 838 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 8371

Thread: Funny CW moments page 419

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitiva View Post
    The Nuwave Oven "look at all the fat dripping out of your meals", says the sales person.
    I have a FlavorWave which I bought a few years ago, pretty similar. I still love it, bacon seems to be even tastier when cooked in it. But it is incredibly convenient and easy to clean up. The lids keep breaking though, but if this one breaks I doubt I'll get another.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    The Nuwave Oven "look at all the fat dripping out of your meals", says the sales person.
    People always tell me that I should get a George Foreman Grill for convenience, and I tell them that I don't like using them because I always have to go through the extra step of pouring all the fat back on my food.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    People always tell me that I should get a George Foreman Grill for convenience, and I tell them that I don't like using them because I always have to go through the extra step of pouring all the fat back on my food.
    Heh, something else I have too. I just use it for grilling veggies.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    My mom says that after she was born--the last of three kids--all my grandmas teeth fell out. Cause apparently grandma didnt like the taste of milk and water was boring so all she drank was coca-cola. The doctors, though, apparently told grandma that the reason her teeth fell out was because "the baby put a poison in her blood." To this day, my mom doesnt know if this was because they were incredibly dumb or because they were being incredibly patronizing to my grandmother. Either way...yay 1940's doctors!!
    When Coca-Cola came out, it was originally touted as a healthful beverage. At least nowadays people know that (regular) Coke is just sugar in a bottle. The bigger problem today is convincing people that ingesting a soda made with fake sweetener may not put the pounds on (as fast), but it's probably more of a health risk than drinking the full-sugar variety.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    "Put it back! PUT MY FAT BACK IN MY FOOD! I want to eat it all!"
    Would be an awesome customer complaint.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    LOL! I have a foreman grill that has different tilt settings, so you can adjust it to be flat. This is supposed to be so that you can use the waffle-iron plate attachments, but now that I think about it I can grill meat on the flat setting flat as well and keep the juices around the meat where they belong!

Oh and of course shove the waffle iron attachments in the back of the pantry where they belong. (the things barely worked anyway. IF one was interested in a waffle iron, get a rotating round belgian one, those work so much better. id give you mine but i gave it away months ago.)
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Sounds like (with different language, but the same arguments) modern energy drink ads.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Check it out people, we just hit the 420 page mark, and ON 4/20! Woooooooo! Good job, everyone!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

MissJenn is offline Member
    So I went to the pediatrician this week with my 18 month-old for her shots/check up. She's pretty small at 20lbs and the doctor was concerned about her weight. He told me (and the resident in the room) that we need to feed her good fats: avocado, half & half, butter, "basically all the things we aren't supposed to eat, she should be eating." While I don't mind feeding her all the good fats, and would rather feed her then the crap chicken nuggets and mac n cheese we've been feeding her, I don't think that's going to fatten the kid up. More bread for the little peanut?

I just thought to myself, oh if you only knew doc.

Similarly, at daycare when the kids turn 2, the daycare is required by the state (federal government?) to give the kids low-fat milk because of the increasing rate of childhood obesity. It's just so so sad. Ugh.
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

MissJenn is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Oh yeah, another one.

coworker: you're really looking great!
    me: yeah, i've lost about 15lbs
    coworker: i guess it kind of makes up for all the things you had to give up.
    me: ...like heartburn and mood swings? not really.
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked