Page 418 of 899 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 8989

Thread: Funny CW moments page 418

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    ...ectopic pregnancies and stone babies, wherein the expert described the process as involving the placenta "burrowing" its way out of the fallopian tube and attaching itself to another organ in the body. Burrowing placenta.
    Euw!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Oh dear, was chatting with a lady at work...

Lady: What are you doing?
    Me: *blotting at a grease stain in the bathroom, because yeah, I wear my food* I had bacon for breakfast and made a mess.
    Lady: Oh! Bacon! How naughty! I could go for some of that! Too bad I can't have it.
    Me: (thinks: Oh boy, here it comes) So what did you have?
    Lady: Oatmeal... my husband and I are both on a diet.
    Me: (thinks: Probably instant, too. With sugar, and fake strawberry flavor. Yeah. Nice job.) Nah, you should have had BACON! It's full of... um... pork! Porky vitamin goodness!
    Lady: But I couldn't, it has so much fat...
    Me: ***puzzled expression***

This woman has literally watched me lose 50 pounds... and still isn't convinced that eating bacon is ok!

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    the other day at Costco, my mom asks me "would I like those little green things...eedamaymes?" I was like..what....? OH! "edamame!?? NO! NEVER NOT EVER IT'S POISON" xD

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Oh dear, was chatting with a lady at work...

Lady: What are you doing?
    Me: *blotting at a grease stain in the bathroom, because yeah, I wear my food* I had bacon for breakfast and made a mess.
    Lady: Oh! Bacon! How naughty! I could go for some of that! Too bad I can't have it.
    Me: (thinks: Oh boy, here it comes) So what did you have?
    Lady: Oatmeal... my husband and I are both on a diet.
    Me: (thinks: Probably instant, too. With sugar, and fake strawberry flavor. Yeah. Nice job.) Nah, you should have had BACON! It's full of... um... pork! Porky vitamin goodness!
    Lady: But I couldn't, it has so much fat...
    Me: ***puzzled expression***

This woman has literally watched me lose 50 pounds... and still isn't convinced that eating bacon is ok!
    lmao!! the lady at costco asked me how i use bok choy, I said i cook it with bacon . my mom interrupted and said "well, you could use it in soups, or stir fries, basically you can use it like celery". hahahaha

This is the second-most horrifying thing about pregnancy I've ever heard. (The most horrifying being a special I watched on Discovery Health about ectopic pregnancies and stone babies, wherein the expert described the process as involving the placenta "burrowing" its way out of the fallopian tube and attaching itself to another organ in the body. Burrowing placenta...oh dear God.)

I am never, ever, ever having kids.
    Agreed. HEY, YOU CAN HAVE SEX AND THEN THIS THING WILL ATTACH ITSELF TO YOUR ORGANS AND SUCK ALL THE NUTRIENTS OUT OF YOUR BODY BEFORE A SURGEON HAS TO CUT IT OUT AND THEN IT MAKES YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL FOR THE NEXT 24 YEARS. COOL, HUH?

DNW.jpg

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyful View Post
    I'm pregnant, so I've been reading a lot of pregnancy forums. I keep seeing people say this and it bugs me to no end!

"Don't worry about eating healthy or taking your prenatal vitamins, the baby will take whatever it needs from your body."
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Not to mention that if it isn't there to begin with, there's nothing to supply in the first place. If you have any nutrient deficiencies- which most people do for one reason or another these days- then so will the kid.
    Exactly. Weston Price, people (I need this tattooed on my forehead). If you don't have it, you can't give it.

That said, almost every problem from pregnancy and childbirth is 100% preventable with a solid diet on top of solid nutrient stores. Traditional people ate were born to nutrient-replete parents (who had been on even more nutrient-dense diets prior to and during pregnancy), ate nutrient-dense diets their whole lives (living in harmony with circadian & seasonal light & temp cycles), ate special nutrient-dense diets prior to and during pregnancy & breastfeeding, and naturally spaced children about 3 years apart via breastfeeding.

No - ABSOLUTELY NO - burrowing placentas. Egad.

This is the second-most horrifying thing about pregnancy I've ever heard. (The most horrifying being a special I watched on Discovery Health about ectopic pregnancies and stone babies, wherein the expert described the process as involving the placenta "burrowing" its way out of the fallopian tube and attaching itself to another organ in the body. Burrowing placenta...oh dear God.)

I am never, ever, ever having kids.
    Yes, and I learned everything I knew about childbirth from Claire "It's like pulling your lip over your head and stapling it to the back of your neck" Huxtable and the movie Nine Months.

It was all false. And/or supremely unlikely, even in SAD circumstances, and less likely than winning the lottery in the best circumstances.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    That's why my boyfriend's DIL is missing her front teeth - had twins, then 3 months later got pregnant with another set of twins.

It's yet to be seen if there has been any damage to the kids, but we already know it depleted her stores so much that she lost some teeth.

If it's not there in the first place, it's not there for the baby to take anyway.
    My mom says that after she was born--the last of three kids--all my grandmas teeth fell out. Cause apparently grandma didnt like the taste of milk and water was boring so all she drank was coca-cola. The doctors, though, apparently told grandma that the reason her teeth fell out was because "the baby put a poison in her blood." To this day, my mom doesnt know if this was because they were incredibly dumb or because they were being incredibly patronizing to my grandmother. Either way...yay 1940's doctors!!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    My mom says that after she was born--the last of three kids--all my grandmas teeth fell out. Cause apparently grandma didnt like the taste of milk and water was boring so all she drank was coca-cola. The doctors, though, apparently told grandma that the reason her teeth fell out was because "the baby put a poison in her blood." To this day, my mom doesnt know if this was because they were incredibly dumb or because they were being incredibly patronizing to my grandmother. Either way...yay 1940's doctors!!
    Yeah, but they would take chickens for payment after putting the leeches to you! Now that's health care, baby!

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Yes, and I learned everything I knew about childbirth from Claire "It's like pulling your lip over your head and stapling it to the back of your neck" Huxtable and the movie Nine Months.

It was all false. And/or supremely unlikely, even in SAD circumstances, and less likely than winning the lottery in the best circumstances.
    Oh, I have a whole host of reasons I don't want kids, at all. The fact that pregnancy freaks me out is just gravy.

Primitiva is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Nuwave Oven "look at all the fat dripping out of your meals", says the sales person.