Page 417 of 840 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 8395

Thread: Funny CW moments page 417

MissJenn is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tstein13 View Post
    I found this interesting yesterday while I was getting a physical.

It occurred when the doctor was looking at my cholesterol numbers from a blood test:

TC - 208
    HDL - 62
    Tris - 55
    VLDL (calculated) - 11
    LDL (calculated) - 135

He said something about 208 being a little high, but that my HDL is great. I decided not to go into a long discussion about cholesterol with him. He also said that my low triglycerides show that I must eat healthy. I was about to let him know how I eat because I was curious what is response would be if I told him about 50-60% of my calories come from fat and mostly saturated fat at that. I wonder if he would have changed his mind about me eating healthy...
    The numbers don't lie tstien13. Great job!
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Thread on a forum I use about gym progress, quick conversation went as follows:

Other guy: What can i take to help me build strength quickly and cut fat.

Me: You could try eating clean and train regularly instead of looking for the easy way out?

Other guy: How about, f*ck off?

Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

AngloPaleo is offline Member
    The gym I go to is part of a 'leisure centre' including a swimming pool.

They are trying to get more people to use the swimming pool, I suppose, because there are many posters and leaflets promoting it lying around. Here is what the most recent poster says:

GET YOUR HEART RACING!
    Try swimming 30 minutes a week for the same results as 45 minutes in the gym!

BAM. No asterisks, no sources.
    At least they are aware of the fact that a lot of people come to the gym to cycle slowly and walk on the treadmill...
    Swimming is what I do once in a while when I'm not working out.

The leisure centre hosts both public and private facilities, I really hope this was not a state-funded campaign.

abbyful is offline Member
    I'm pregnant, so I've been reading a lot of pregnancy forums. I keep seeing people say this and it bugs me to no end!

"Don't worry about eating healthy or taking your prenatal vitamins, the baby will take whatever it needs from your body."

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyful View Post
    I'm pregnant, so I've been reading a lot of pregnancy forums. I keep seeing people say this and it bugs me to no end!

"Don't worry about eating healthy or taking your prenatal vitamins, the baby will take whatever it needs from your body."
    Im pretty sure my 6th grade health book cited this *exact* phrase as an extreme falsehood and misunderstanding of how pregnancy works. SIXTH. GRADE.

edit: GAH, this pisses me off so much I had to come back and rant more. Someone needs to get it through these womens' heads that just because their baby is the most important thing to them, their conscious selves, doesnt mean the baby is the most important thing TO THEIR BODIES. Yes their bodies will do a lot in order to get the baby fully functional, but when worse comes to worse, the body will ditch the interests of the baby for the sake of preserving itself. Because, quite simply, the baby is just the result of one pair of gametes, and the body has many more opportunities to make more.
    Last edited by Corvidae; 04-19-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Not to mention that if it isn't there to begin with, there's nothing to supply in the first place. If you have any nutrient deficiencies- which most people do for one reason or another these days- then so will the kid.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    That's why my boyfriend's DIL is missing her front teeth - had twins, then 3 months later got pregnant with another set of twins.

It's yet to be seen if there has been any damage to the kids, but we already know it depleted her stores so much that she lost some teeth.

If it's not there in the first place, it's not there for the baby to take anyway.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Safeways has a scratch and win...won a box of cereal! Made the lady behind me happy when I offered it to her!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloPaleo View Post
    The gym I go to is part of a 'leisure centre' including a swimming pool.

They are trying to get more people to use the swimming pool, I suppose, because there are many posters and leaflets promoting it lying around. Here is what the most recent poster says:

GET YOUR HEART RACING!
    Try swimming 30 minutes a week for the same results as 45 minutes in the gym!

BAM. No asterisks, no sources.
    At least they are aware of the fact that a lot of people come to the gym to cycle slowly and walk on the treadmill...
    Swimming is what I do once in a while when I'm not working out.

The leisure centre hosts both public and private facilities, I really hope this was not a state-funded campaign.
    Technically it could be true, take someone like myself (a non-swimmer), put me in the deep end and my heart rate is going to shoot up pretty fast

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    That's why my boyfriend's DIL is missing her front teeth - had twins, then 3 months later got pregnant with another set of twins.

It's yet to be seen if there has been any damage to the kids, but we already know it depleted her stores so much that she lost some teeth.

If it's not there in the first place, it's not there for the baby to take anyway.
    This is the second-most horrifying thing about pregnancy I've ever heard. (The most horrifying being a special I watched on Discovery Health about ectopic pregnancies and stone babies, wherein the expert described the process as involving the placenta "burrowing" its way out of the fallopian tube and attaching itself to another organ in the body. Burrowing placenta...oh dear God.)

I am never, ever, ever having kids.