Thread: Funny CW moments page 416

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Thank you for your encouraging words.

(bacon noming time)
    I should just make my signature super long and tack on
    JUST EAT YOUR BACON AND LIKE IT.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    Hehe, that's something I miss, the dogs and cats back home (eating meat and fish scraps, bones...) are super lean and muscular as if they were greek gods... :-) I remember looking at my pets in admiration because they really looked magnificent! The pets here are so chubby, when you pet them you feel the fat rolling around under their furr. Eww...
    Whenever I would walk into a client's home to start the training with them (dog training) I would evaluate their dog according to the BCS (Body Condition Score) and then I would show them how to look and feel for the fats. If the dog scored more than a 5, I would then ALWAYS recommend a low grain or no grain diet. Unfortunately, no grain is always more expensive and so for some people, buying no grain is not an option. I would point them in the right direction on where to get quality food for less expensive. My dogs always look sleek and sculpted. Too bad I didn't figure it out for myself until years later... how dumb I am!!! And not that I am getting it, I'm dropping the weight off. Now I just need to drop another 20 and I'll be happy.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    Whenever I would walk into a client's home to start the training with them (dog training) I would evaluate their dog according to the BCS (Body Condition Score) and then I would show them how to look and feel for the fats. If the dog scored more than a 5, I would then ALWAYS recommend a low grain or no grain diet. Unfortunately, no grain is always more expensive and so for some people, buying no grain is not an option. I would point them in the right direction on where to get quality food for less expensive. My dogs always look sleek and sculpted. Too bad I didn't figure it out for myself until years later... how dumb I am!!! And not that I am getting it, I'm dropping the weight off. Now I just need to drop another 20 and I'll be happy.
    Off topic all right but you look well placed to help me. My dog (9 month old border collie) has taken a dislike to children and has started growling at them. How can I get this out of him and get him back to how he was initially, which was great with kids?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen183 View Post
    SF- That IS ironic, but fats have been linked to feeding cancers (I just learned). Apparently there are certain fatty acids that certain cencers need, so they tell women with a high risk of breast cancer to go on a low fat diet.
    Baloney.

What's with the image attached to all you posts?
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Baloney.

That's a spam bot

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Baloney.

Indeed, you have been spam bot-tled. The ol' spamaruwski. spamnellina,etc.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Just report the spambots. They get deleted eventually.

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Off topic all right but you look well placed to help me. My dog (9 month old border collie) has taken a dislike to children and has started growling at them. How can I get this out of him and get him back to how he was initially, which was great with kids?
    We had pet chatter go off-topic for pages so there's a thread for that now: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread47636.html

tstein13 is offline Junior Member
    I found this interesting yesterday while I was getting a physical.

It occurred when the doctor was looking at my cholesterol numbers from a blood test:

TC - 208
    HDL - 62
    Tris - 55
    VLDL (calculated) - 11
    LDL (calculated) - 135

He said something about 208 being a little high, but that my HDL is great. I decided not to go into a long discussion about cholesterol with him. He also said that my low triglycerides show that I must eat healthy. I was about to let him know how I eat because I was curious what is response would be if I told him about 50-60% of my calories come from fat and mostly saturated fat at that. I wonder if he would have changed his mind about me eating healthy...

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rhetorical question. I know it's spam. But not a bot. Bots plagiarize earlier posts; they don't come up with relevant (but wrong) answers. I checked out her other posts. Same deal.

So I know what "she" is doing, lol, but never seen that particular approach to getting your spam out. I wonder what it pays, and why they bother, since the spam images never get posted? Maybe it's my secret to getting rich quick. Muwahahahahahaha!

ETA maybe it was plagiarized. It seemed to flow int he conversation, pure luck I guess!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey