Page 415 of 871 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 415

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I took my dog to the vet this morning after she apparently had a stroke and was paralyzed. That's not the funny part...actually, it's pretty sad overall. But, I was telling the vet about this little Chihuahau who was terrified of men when we took her in yet my hubby babied her and won her over by making her hamburgers and eggs for breakfast. The vet actually said, "Oh no...that's sure to cause a heart attack." I then told her how when we first got "Blackie" she had a bad yeast problem. We changed her diet by going grain-free and giving her grass-fed meat and proteins so she improved after we did that. How sad that a vet would think grains or dog foods with GMO Corn or Soy or Wheat are good for a dog. And yes, she had to be put down but it was very peaceful and quick. It was definitely time. She also had some mammary tumors and had been throwing up lately which I didn't realize was probably connected. And she was a very old girl who had a great life with us. Dogs used to live a lot longer before dog food was introduced. They used to live on meat scraps and bones and stews--at least the people I knew back then used to feed their dogs like that before "Tuffy's Dog Food" factory came to the area.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    I took my dog to the vet this morning after she apparently had a stroke and was paralyzed. That's not the funny part...actually, it's pretty sad overall. But, I was telling the vet about this little Chihuahau who was terrified of men when we took her in yet my hubby babied her and won her over by making her hamburgers and eggs for breakfast. The vet actually said, "Oh no...that's sure to cause a heart attack." I then told her how when we first got "Blackie" she had a bad yeast problem. We changed her diet by going grain-free and giving her grass-fed meat and proteins so she improved after we did that. How sad that a vet would think grains or dog foods with GMO Corn or Soy or Wheat are good for a dog. And yes, she had to be put down but it was very peaceful and quick. It was definitely time. She also had some mammary tumors and had been throwing up lately which I didn't realize was probably connected. And she was a very old girl who had a great life with us. Dogs used to live a lot longer before dog food was introduced. They used to live on meat scraps and bones and stews--at least the people I knew back then used to feed their dogs like that before "Tuffy's Dog Food" factory came to the area.
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss My family cat of 16 years just passed away a few months ago, and it still slightly confuses me when I go to my parents and shes not asleep on the sofa.

I live right next to an open-space park thats also an off-leash dog park, so there positively are HERDS of dogs rambling around the hillside all the time, and the numbers really jump up around midday cause thats when the professional dog walkers bring their mixed packs up. I cant have pets in my place atm but I love walking through the park and seeing all the different kinds of dogs wandering around. Since going paleo, Ive become more cognizant of the fact that so many of these dogs are rather, well, rotund for their frame, and many seem to be ambling rather slowly and with limited movement. I mean sure, id expect some arthritis with old dogs, but most of these dogs do not look that old.

I do hear people talking about raw-food pet diets around here more and more, but then I also still occasionally catch wind of some idiot trying to feed their cat or dog a vegan diet. Mother effer....
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Hehe, that's something I miss, the dogs and cats back home (eating meat and fish scraps, bones...) are super lean and muscular as if they were greek gods... :-) I remember looking at my pets in admiration because they really looked magnificent! The pets here are so chubby, when you pet them you feel the fat rolling around under their furr. Eww...
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

milly3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyful View Post
    Here are my freak feet:

Normal view not doing anything
    Attachment 6899

Purposely bending (it grosses people out when I show them this!)
    Attachment 6900

Just pointing my toes (if I have someone else push my toes down, they will go to the floor)
    Attachment 6901
    you must be a ballerina!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Someone was asking about cast iron cookware... I said (well, wrote) that mine seasoned lovely since I switched to using lard....then realised it might not work for the vegetarian lady in question....

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Someone was asking about cast iron cookware... I said (well, wrote) that mine seasoned lovely since I switched to using lard....then realised it might not work for the vegetarian lady in question....
    Yeah pretty sure the vegetarian option for seasoning cast iron is Crisco, aka, trans fats.

Noooooope.

edit: Oh wait I think ive heard one could also use coconut oil. But then youd have to convince them that saturated fats wont kill them.
    Last edited by Corvidae; 04-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

MissJenn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milly3 View Post
    you must be a ballerina!
    Oh! My feet do exactly that too! When relaxing my feet it looks like I'm pointing them. I was once a ballerina too (before putting on 100lbs). Now if only I had those calves!

I can't wait to feel comfortable enough with my body again so I can start dancing again.
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    How sad that a vet would think grains or dog foods with GMO Corn or Soy or Wheat are good for a dog.
    My route today had an animal hospital, and I had to wait in the lobby to be let into the back area. While I waited, I scanned the premium pet food they were selling, and I honestly didn't see any that weren't vegetarian. Good for business, I guess...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yes, the age-ism is really terrible. I lost 15 lbs and they're just like, "Well, you're young." No, I actually spent the time to learn what worked for me, not some cookie-cutter diet for the masses. And I fucking hate hearing shit about "gawd my arteries are creaking shut right now". JUST EAT YOUR BACON AND LIKE IT.
    Thank you for your encouraging words.

(bacon noming time)
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Horrible Weight Loss Advice From Facebook

Funny Facebook CW gallery. Paleo is mentioned! And I agree with it too.