Page 414 of 879 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 414

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Free lunch at work. It's a pasta bar with salad and dessert!

I hear a supervisor say "We should really put up a sign limiting people to two meatballs." I look down at my plate with five, some pasta sauce, and seriously anaemic lettuce and carrots. Honestly, people, I'm just doing my part to save people from all that terrible, terrible meat. I left them all the lovely, healthy pasta they want!
    if he wants the meatballs back put them in his pocket.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    I have the misfortune of only having my daughter 50% of the time so I cannot control all she eats. I let her go to my brothers in-laws for dinner one day, I believe I was busy painting my house. Anyhow, she was not fussy on what they had cooked (probably meat and veggies, something fairly good) so instead they gave her chocolate bars. She never goes there alone again.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    The only time I watched my parents eat a good meal was at a steakhouse (grass fed meats!) on my birthday, and I had to suffer the "I need cardiac rehab" speech from my grandmother.

<snip>
    Even when I lost 52 pounds and I'm getting a six pack. It's just because I'm young.
    Yes, the age-ism is really terrible. I lost 15 lbs and they're just like, "Well, you're young." No, I actually spent the time to learn what worked for me, not some cookie-cutter diet for the masses. And I fucking hate hearing shit about "gawd my arteries are creaking shut right now". JUST EAT YOUR BACON AND LIKE IT.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yes, the age-ism is really terrible. I lost 15 lbs and they're just like, "Well, you're young." No, I actually spent the time to learn what worked for me, not some cookie-cutter diet for the masses. And I fucking hate hearing shit about "gawd my arteries are creaking shut right now". JUST EAT YOUR BACON AND LIKE IT.
    +1

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    gawd my arteries are creaking shut right now
    I think a maniacal laugh would fit perfectly right there...

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I hear you, on that. I also liken the age argument to the weight/appearance argument, in that, my friend would wonder why I'm shifting my eating strategy, saying I'm not overweight; or, I don't have much weight to lose. If there's one thing CW has to come to grips with, is weight not equaling health.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol y Sombra View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't post this in the Funny CW moments thread, because it really pisses me off and it isn't funny at all... Well, some background: my grandma is 91 years old and has had digestive problems for some 9-10 months now. She had suffered from food allergies and some form of colitis (or IBS) even previously, but now it has gotten so bad she has to eat a really restrictive diet The doctors haven't been able to help much, they told her she could eat anything, just limit raw fruit and vegetables and not eat too much fibre and absolutely restrict fat... And she has followed their advice, basically subsisting on boiled or baked potatoes, boiled carrots, boiled rice, chicken breast, baked fish (no fat), cottage cheese, bread, crackers and chocolate cookies... Of course, her blood sugar is borderline high and she has non-alcoholic fatty liver disease... She finds all other foods irritating, even plain boiled eggs So yesterday I went to see her. We are celebrating Easter now (we are Orthodox Christians) and she repeatedly asked me to take some cottage cheese rolls she had baked herself (apart from the traditional Easter raisin bread and eggs). I refused and she insisted that they were very healthy - no fat at all... I replied that my standards of healthy are very different now - they imply eliminating flour and sugar and emphasizing good fats like butter. She looked puzzled and sad. I really don't know what to advise her any more and I don't want to contradict her doctors. Besides she's quite old, her digestive system is 91 years old too, so maybe "my diet" would hurt her... But it definitely cannot be good for her to eat that much bread, crackers, cookies, potatoes and rice
    Yeah, those aren't going to help her at all. Grains, and wheat in particular, tears up the intestinal lining. It seems as though her doctors are trying to minimize the number of bowel movements she has and there by reduce the number of times she deals with pain. Look up information on healing the gut, a lot of the recipes for that are still compatible with low-fat bullshit, or at least have the fat hidden away.

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Food fail today, spotted chocolate in the baking aisle labeled as not needing to be melted. I was, naturally, baffled by this, so I read the ingredients. It was cocoa powder mixed into partially hydrogenated oil. W. T. F.? I thought even CW knew that stuff was bad?

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Then you'd be making people healthy and working yourself out of a job.
    Possibly, but it would be rewarding. And let's face it, more than a lifetimes worth of people need help.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    <snip>
    Even when I lost 52 pounds and I'm getting a six pack. It's just because I'm young.
    You can tell 'em about me. I did the same thing, except I have five kids.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey