Page 413 of 880 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 413

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Make sure it is GMO corn for the most benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Last night at the movies I had the opportunity to learn the health benefits of canola oil.

If this whole primal thing doesn't work out, I think I'll base my new diet on whole grain popcorn and canola oil so I can be healthy! No salt, of course, because that raises your blood pressure.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docpearce View Post
    Sitting in my continuing ed class for nutrition. The dietician/doctor is about 40 pounds overweight due to her thyroid problem. She recommends 6-8 servings of grains per day
    Pfffttt!!!
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docpearce View Post
    Sitting in my continuing ed class for nutrition. The dietician/doctor is about 40 pounds overweight due to her thyroid problem. She recommends 6-8 servings of grains per day
    Sometimes I yearn to become a dietician. Go through the education and learn the recommended nutritional advice they suggest. Then go rogue and just teach what really matters.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Woman approached me at my parents' Easter party and asked if I was the one doing elimination diets. Err... kinda. I kept it simple, eliminating grains & processed foods. She said she was going gluten-free and then dominated the conversation by quoting stuff like THE CHINA STUDY (I quickly said "Um that's been de-bunked many times") and that Nestle woman. I did not know how to escape, but basically said I'm doing what works well for me.

I never feel comfortable talking about how I eat, she was very ready to bash everything I offered up. I did mention "Why We Get Fat" in the midst of all her name-dropping, but I don't think she approved or noticed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    Sometimes I yearn to become a dietician. Go through the education and learn the recommended nutritional advice they suggest. Then go rogue and just teach what really matters.
    Must be a Canadian thing because I've thought of doing exactly that. Then I remember that you usually get really stupid people for "patients" and I decide against it.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I shouldn't post this in the Funny CW moments thread, because it really pisses me off and it isn't funny at all... Well, some background: my grandma is 91 years old and has had digestive problems for some 9-10 months now. She had suffered from food allergies and some form of colitis (or IBS) even previously, but now it has gotten so bad she has to eat a really restrictive diet The doctors haven't been able to help much, they told her she could eat anything, just limit raw fruit and vegetables and not eat too much fibre and absolutely restrict fat... And she has followed their advice, basically subsisting on boiled or baked potatoes, boiled carrots, boiled rice, chicken breast, baked fish (no fat), cottage cheese, bread, crackers and chocolate cookies... Of course, her blood sugar is borderline high and she has non-alcoholic fatty liver disease... She finds all other foods irritating, even plain boiled eggs So yesterday I went to see her. We are celebrating Easter now (we are Orthodox Christians) and she repeatedly asked me to take some cottage cheese rolls she had baked herself (apart from the traditional Easter raisin bread and eggs). I refused and she insisted that they were very healthy - no fat at all... I replied that my standards of healthy are very different now - they imply eliminating flour and sugar and emphasizing good fats like butter. She looked puzzled and sad. I really don't know what to advise her any more and I don't want to contradict her doctors. Besides she's quite old, her digestive system is 91 years old too, so maybe "my diet" would hurt her... But it definitely cannot be good for her to eat that much bread, crackers, cookies, potatoes and rice

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Woman approached me at my parents' Easter party and asked if I was the one doing elimination diets. Err... kinda. I kept it simple, eliminating grains & processed foods. She said she was going gluten-free and then dominated the conversation by quoting stuff like THE CHINA STUDY (I quickly said "Um that's been de-bunked many times") and that Nestle woman. I did not know how to escape, but basically said I'm doing what works well for me.

I never feel comfortable talking about how I eat, she was very ready to bash everything I offered up. I did mention "Why We Get Fat" in the midst of all her name-dropping, but I don't think she approved or noticed.
    It's gotten to this point, for me. I try all I can to avoid that being the topic of discussion, especially at meal parties.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    It's gotten to this point, for me. I try all I can to avoid that being the topic of discussion, especially at meal parties.
    My mother tells me to just give into my cravings and to just eat the foods you crave. Simply because it's inevitable.

The only time I watched my parents eat a good meal was at a steakhouse (grass fed meats!) on my birthday, and I had to suffer the "I need cardiac rehab" speech from my grandmother.

We don't talk about diet anymore.

Fat is the enemy and nothing I can say will change it.

Even when I lost 52 pounds and I'm getting a six pack. It's just because I'm young.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Free lunch at work. It's a pasta bar with salad and dessert!

I hear a supervisor say "We should really put up a sign limiting people to two meatballs." I look down at my plate with five, some pasta sauce, and seriously anaemic lettuce and carrots. Honestly, people, I'm just doing my part to save people from all that terrible, terrible meat. I left them all the lovely, healthy pasta they want!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Then you'd be making people healthy and working yourself out of a job.