Page 412 of 901 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 412

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyful View Post
    I've actually had a doctor straight-out tell me that he was prescribing me something that would do absolutely nothing! And he still wrote the prescription! (I had a rash called pityriasis rosea, which just has to run its course and there's no treatment. He prescribed prednisone, which he told me wouldn't do anything for the duration or the symptoms, but was giving me the prescription "in case I wanted to take something".)
    Wow.

Just... wow.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Wow.

Just... wow.
    Sadly its not uncommon. I have had docs prescribe anyibiotics but also say that it probably wont help because its a virus but a lot of patients feel better taking something <head : desk>
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

abbyful is offline Member
    I have 3 to share that have all happened within the last 24 hours!

#1 (on a pregnancy forum)

Poster 1: The bad news....I didnt pass my glucose test like I thought...I failed. So going back to my paleo diet. It is a great diet helped me to loose weight prior but will also help to stabilize my sugars.
    Poster 2: ... you need them [grain/carbs] for brain development and other reasons.

How about FAT and PROTEIN for brain development? I cannot believe how the pregnancy-world is so obsessed with eating grains and and only eating low-fat. Even more-so than typical CW-types!

Side note, I keep seeing this posted all over the place (Pinterest, pregnancy forums, etc). Makes me want to scream. It's usually the food-pyramid graphic (at the bottom) they post, but reading the article attached is just as bad! Avoid spicy foods, garlic, onions, etc., while breastfeeding? Other cultures don't do that! I'm not going to raise my kid on "kid food", bland, and nasty stuff like hot dogs, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, etc. My sister started her kids on a wide variety of foods from the start, and all through their childhood they've been completely acceptable, even beg for, things like sushi, mussels/clams, Ethiopian cuisine, spicy foods, etc; stuff that most kids turn their noses up at.
    Eating for Breastfeeding | Health Children

Here's the food-pyramid graphic:
    UNhealthy_baby_pyramid.jpeg

#2 (another forum, girl trying to lose weight before her wedding)

The girl said she's going to keep an online food journal of what she's eating in attempt to lose weight before her wedding. She's been doing it 3 days so far. I and others (even many people not following a primal style diet) have commented how her "diet" has too many carbs, is basically all sugar, and lacks vegetables. She blows us off and says she believes she'll lose weight as long as she doesn't eat too much. And yet she claims she's going on a "strict diet".

Day 1:
    Breakfast: apple and water
    Lunch: donut and coke (ok - that was before i decided i was on a diet)
    Dinner: chicken breast and rice
    Dessert: part of a chocolate bunny

Day 2:
    breakfast - orange and unsweeten black ice tea
    lunch - white bread and ham sandwich plain and water
    dinner - 10 breaded shrimp and unsweet black ice tea and an orange
    snack - half a pbj

Day 3:
    breakfast - english muffin and ice tea - unsweet
    lunch - apple and water
    dinner - chequers trio - a couple table spooons of the mac and cheese, about half the shepards pie, and about half the pot pie (without the crust). My fiancee took me to an english restaurant, we neer been - i got the sampler - it gave small portions of everything. i just decided to just eat a small portion of each item - taste everything. there really wasnt anything healthy on that menu - but it was delicious.

#3 (my mother)

My mom was visiting last night and commented on my sandals and how they have "no support" and I needed to wear shoes with arch support. I told her even if I wanted to, shoes with arch supports don't fit my foot. (I have a freakish arch in a strange place, I think from doing ballet/pointe for so many years. I can literally bend my foot at a 90-degree angle. I can sit on the floor with my legs straight out and have my knees, heels, and toes all on the floor at the same time.)

She brought it up again later in the night, when she had pulled up a bunch of arch-support sandals on the computer to show me. I mentioned to her that the newest trend was actually going barefoot or wearing running shoes that simulated being barefoot. And that not wearing supports, my feet would remain the proper shape and not have to be fixed by arch-supports, when arch-supports likely caused the feet to weaken and need support in the first place. She commented something else about how I still needed supports and I was going to end up needing a knee-replacement in the future if I didn't wear supports. I changed the subject.
    Last edited by abbyful; 04-14-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    #2 (another forum, girl trying to lose weight before her wedding)

The girl said she's going to keep an online food journal of what she's eating in attempt to lose weight before her wedding. She's been doing it 3 days so far. I and others (even many people not following a primal style diet) have commented how her "diet" has too many carbs, is basically all sugar, and lacks vegetables. She blows us off and says she believes she'll lose weight as long as she doesn't eat too much. And yet she claims she's going on a "strict diet".

Day 1:
    Breakfast: apple and water
    Lunch: donut and coke (ok - that was before i decided i was on a diet)
    Dinner: chicken breast and rice
    Dessert: part of a chocolate bunny

Day 2:
    breakfast - orange and unsweeten black ice tea
    lunch - white bread and ham sandwich plain and water
    dinner - 10 breaded shrimp and unsweet black ice tea and an orange
    snack - half a pbj

Day 3:
    breakfast - english muffin and ice tea - unsweet
    lunch - apple and water
    dinner - chequers trio - a couple table spooons of the mac and cheese, about half the shepards pie, and about half the pot pie (without the crust). My fiancee took me to an english restaurant, we neer been - i got the sampler - it gave small portions of everything. i just decided to just eat a small portion of each item - taste everything. there really wasnt anything healthy on that menu - but it was delicious.
    .......Wow. I feel SO bad for her bridal party. She is going to be living on basically sugar and water... And she's going to be cranky as hell, not only because she's hungry, but because her blood sugar is going to be ALL over the place, AND because her diet is obviously not going to work at all, and she's going to get more and more irritated that she's "doing all this work" for nothing. By the time the wedding rolls around, I predict a complete catastrophic meltdown.

Gooooood luck..

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    .......Wow. I feel SO bad for her bridal party. She is going to be living on basically sugar and water... And she's going to be cranky as hell, not only because she's hungry, but because her blood sugar is going to be ALL over the place, AND because her diet is obviously not going to work at all, and she's going to get more and more irritated that she's "doing all this work" for nothing. By the time the wedding rolls around, I predict a complete catastrophic meltdown.

Gooooood luck..
    My boyfriend is a photographer and does quite a few weddings. LOTS of Bridezillas due to eating either low fat or hardly anything at all.

Then there's just the ones born with an attitude problem. And he sits there thinking "You're volunteering to be with THAT for the rest of your life?"
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I have 3 to share that have all happened within the last 24 hours!

#3 (my mother)

My mom was visiting last night and commented on my sandals and how they have "no support" and I needed to wear shoes with arch support. I told her even if I wanted to, shoes with arch supports don't fit my foot. (I have a freakish arch in a strange place, I think from doing ballet/pointe for so many years. I can literally bend my foot at a 90-degree angle. I can sit on the floor with my legs straight out and have my knees, heels, and toes all on the floor at the same time.)

She brought it up again later in the night, when she had pulled up a bunch of arch-support sandals on the computer to show me. I mentioned to her that the newest trend was actually going barefoot or wearing running shoes that simulated being barefoot. And that not wearing supports, my feet would remain the proper shape and not have to be fixed by arch-supports, when arch-supports likely caused the feet to weaken and need support in the first place. She commented something else about how I still needed supports and I was going to end up needing a knee-replacement in the future if I didn't wear supports. I changed the subject.
    I have the same problem. I have a hard time wearing shoes that have any kind of arch because it hurts. I have feet that I can put almost the whole bottom of my foot on the floor, even at 47. I can't wear high heels because of my calves. So I've been bare foot or low low flats before it was "cool" ("I was country, when country wasn't cool" remember that song?)

I am constantly amazed that people can do what they do to their bodies and think it's right because CW "says it's so".

:face strike palm repeatedly:
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    I saw a gal today eatin a salad, was on a diet. I looked upon it and saw lovely olives..
    "You know, three olives equal to one slice of bread"
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

abbyful is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    I have the same problem. I have a hard time wearing shoes that have any kind of arch because it hurts. I have feet that I can put almost the whole bottom of my foot on the floor, even at 47. I can't wear high heels because of my calves. So I've been bare foot or low low flats before it was "cool" ("I was country, when country wasn't cool" remember that song?)

I am constantly amazed that people can do what they do to their bodies and think it's right because CW "says it's so".

:face strike palm repeatedly:
    Here are my freak feet:

Normal view not doing anything
    freakfeet1.jpg

Purposely bending (it grosses people out when I show them this!)
    freakfeet2.jpg

Just pointing my toes (if I have someone else push my toes down, they will go to the floor)
    freakfeet3.jpg
    Last edited by abbyful; 04-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.

docpearce is offline Member
    Sitting in my continuing ed class for nutrition. The dietician/doctor is about 40 pounds overweight due to her thyroid problem. She recommends 6-8 servings of grains per day

Timthetaco Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last night at the movies I had the opportunity to learn the health benefits of canola oil.

If this whole primal thing doesn't work out, I think I'll base my new diet on whole grain popcorn and canola oil so I can be healthy! No salt, of course, because that raises your blood pressure.