Page 411 of 883 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 8822

Thread: Funny CW moments page 411

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    HA! Tell her I'm eating beef pot roast & tongue for breakfast. :P

BTW, if I was quick on my feet, the best answer to her "NOBODY eats like that" would have been, "and how's that working out for them?"
    It's strange how your idea of an awesome breakfast changes when you go primal. My most uncommon one recently was stuffed bell peppers and a salad.

+1 to the oblivious. That's how I know if I'm doing something RIGHT, if I'm the only one I see doing it. The sheeple will believe anything they see in a T.V. commercial and/or Dr. Phil.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Yay I finally have a cool one to tell!

I'm working on my Master's in Physiology right now, and my office is in a research center in an hospital. I'm surrounded by health professionals. What I see on a daily basis is fascinating. The world expert on blood lipids is borderline diabetic. I can count on my fingers the number of people I see daily who don't look in mediocre shape[....]
    I visited a hospital recently too, after my son achieved a valuable learning experience in the playground. Everyone was so fat. Really, everyone. The doctors, the nurses, the admin staff and all the patients. It was like Fatland in the Mr. Skinny story. There was quite a nice looking girl there who obvious did something like driving an ambulance or was a paramedic. Even she was a bit broad, and had a tum poking out above her uniform. I've never seen anything like it. Everyone was much much fatter than in real life.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I visited a hospital recently too, after my son achieved a valuable learning experience in the playground. Everyone was so fat. Really, everyone. The doctors, the nurses, the admin staff and all the patients. It was like Fatland in the Mr. Skinny story. There was quite a nice looking girl there who obvious did something like driving an ambulance or was a paramedic. Even she was a bit broad, and had a tum poking out above her uniform. I've never seen anything like it. Everyone was much much fatter than in real life.
    Tell me about it. I'm never exposed to cigarette smoke outside of the hospital environment. My friends are all active and healthy so none of them smoke. I'm currently sitting outside the hospital at a picnic table and a woman is blowing her cigarette smoke right in my face. I see pregnant women smoking right next the emergency more than I should and even students in lung health related fields smoke. There are also a lot of French exchange students here (I'm in Quebec) and 95% of them smoke. It's disgusting. I would never think about dating a French girl, they're all skinny fat and look way too old for their age (it's sad, some of them could be cute).

Hospitals are sad places.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Tell me about it. I'm never exposed to cigarette smoke outside of the hospital environment. My friends are all active and healthy so none of them smoke. I'm currently sitting outside the hospital at a picnic table and a woman is blowing her cigarette smoke right in my face. I see pregnant women smoking right next the emergency more than I should and even students in lung health related fields smoke. There are also a lot of French exchange students here (I'm in Quebec) and 95% of them smoke. It's disgusting. I would never think about dating a French girl, they're all skinny fat and look way too old for their age (it's sad, some of them could be cute).

Hospitals are sad places.
    A few years ago a no smoking ban was put on all government building parking lots here, which obviously includes hospitals. My gf at the time was in the maternity ward after having a c-section and couldn't really do much on her own yet. She told me to go find a nurse for something and I couldn't find a single one anywhere except for the lone girl watching over a room full of newborns (who cannot leave her station for obvious reasons)! They had all left at the same time to go for a smoke break and didn't arrive back for at least 20 minutes, due to having to walk off site.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    HA! Tell her I'm eating beef pot roast & tongue for breakfast. :P
    I had chicken liver pate. Sooo good.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Can't be 100% sure, but I think a friend of mine has adopted a Primal diet without realizing it. He turned his life around and has become a body builder. Every few days he posts things to Facebook like; "man, I'm eating 4000 clean cals a day and still can't gain any weight", "I don't do much cardio, my metabolism can't spare the cals", and also spends hours and hours at the gym, 5 days a week.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    "Is Herbalife compatible with Primal?"

Sure, as long as you ignore the sugar, chemicals, and lack of fat...oh, wait.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I used to belong to a real nice gym (before I changed jobs and it became too far out of my way). Proper bumper plates/platforms for power lifts, tons of squat racks, muscle-uppable pullup bars, good kettlebell selection, etc...

Well, the place has a long driveway and, being a large facility, there are 2 large grassy areas on either side of the driveway that were nicely landscaped grass.

I guess they decided to either lease or parcel these out and sell them. The first thing that went in was a Sonic. A little while later, construction started on the second parcel. Now you have to drive between the Sonic and the new Smoothie King to get to the gym!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I used to belong to a real nice gym (before I changed jobs and it became too far out of my way). Proper bumper plates/platforms for power lifts, tons of squat racks, muscle-uppable pullup bars, good kettlebell selection, etc...

Well, the place has a long driveway and, being a large facility, there are 2 large grassy areas on either side of the driveway that were nicely landscaped grass.

I guess they decided to either lease or parcel these out and sell them. The first thing that went in was a Sonic. A little while later, construction started on the second parcel. Now you have to drive between the Sonic and the new Smoothie King to get to the gym!
    Wow, thats like....insanely diabolical good business idea.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

abbyful is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Went through something similar with my mom. Despite having no recent heart attacks/problems, because she had had a heart attack about 10 years previous the doctor put her on blood thinners, statins, NSAID for her arthritis pain, etc. Damn near killed her. Now she is 87 years old, takes a thyroid medication and that is pretty much it. Doctors prescribe drugs for people for 2 reasons a) they don't know what else to do but give drugs or do surgery and b) they are courted, on almost a daily basis, to prescribe the latest, greatest chemical that big pharma is pushing.
    I've actually had a doctor straight-out tell me that he was prescribing me something that would do absolutely nothing! And he still wrote the prescription! (I had a rash called pityriasis rosea, which just has to run its course and there's no treatment. He prescribed prednisone, which he told me wouldn't do anything for the duration or the symptoms, but was giving me the prescription "in case I wanted to take something".)