Page 410 of 884 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 8834

Thread: Funny CW moments page 410

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's fun to say "no" when people ask me if I'm hungry midday after no breakfast.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    A few nights ago my wife and I attened an infant CPR and choking class that was recommended to us by her doctor.

The class was held in "Cardiovascular and Fitness Center" on the hospitals campus. During the halfway break the nurse teaching the class mentioned to everyone that there was a snack machine and soda machines located on the 2nd floor.

When the break was over and everyone filed back into the room we were the only couple not gorging ourselves on cheetos, soda, candy bars, and all that other crap.

WHY would they have that stuff in a fitness center/rehab place? That mess is not even healthy by CW standards.

I felt bad for the other unborn kids in that room.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    1) To make $$$
    2) To keep them coming back 'cause of their worse health, so more $$$

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The class was held in "Cardiovascular and Fitness Center" on the hospitals campus. During the halfway break the nurse teaching the class mentioned to everyone that there was a snack machine and soda machines located on the 2nd floor.

When the break was over and everyone filed back into the room we were the only couple not gorging ourselves on cheetos, soda, candy bars, and all that other crap.
    My dad recently had surgery and my brother stayed with my mom during surgery. He wanted a soda (rarely drinks it, he is very fit and healthy), and he said all they had was diet in the vending machines....

When my SO had surgery (he's a veg) they brought him a crappy turkey sandwich and chips for dinner. I ended up looking for food for him. The hospital had Sbarros and Burger King open at that time of day.

MissJenn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    Made a comment on Twitter that, as an attempt to further eliminate dairy from my diet I was going to start drinking my coffee black. Coworker walks in:

Puzzled Coworker: So... How do you expect to get your calcium?
    Me: ...From everything else?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

"If you don't eat bread, where are you getting all your fiber from?" Silly CW.
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    My dad recently had surgery and my brother stayed with my mom during surgery. He wanted a soda (rarely drinks it, he is very fit and healthy), and he said all they had was diet in the vending machines....

When my SO had surgery (he's a veg) they brought him a crappy turkey sandwich and chips for dinner. I ended up looking for food for him. The hospital had Sbarros and Burger King open at that time of day.
    When I was in for a surgery back in October, their meal system worked by placing your order 2 or 3 days in advance. And as it went I was released 2 days later, so never did get to choose what I actually wanted from their menu sheet.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Yay I finally have a cool one to tell!

I'm working on my Master's in Physiology right now, and my office is in a research center in an hospital. I'm surrounded by health professionals. What I see on a daily basis is fascinating. The world expert on blood lipids is borderline diabetic. I can count on my fingers the number of people I see daily who don't look in mediocre shape.

I've met three nutritionists working here so far. They work mostly with diabetic patients. The first one is shaped like a barrel. The second one told me she was leaning more and more towards raw veganism for health reasons, but didn't know why she gained 5 pounds of fat in her midsection, is always hungry and suffers from chronic allergies and respiratory problems.

I was talking to the third one yesterday about paleo. It's interesting to know she's overweight by around 30lbs and she's got a big gut (for a woman at least). I showed her the table with the RDA numbers of a standard paleo menu for a day in Robb Wolf's book and...

Her: Hahaha, salmon for breakfast
    Me: What's wrong with that?
    Her: Nothing, it must be cultural I guess. This menu looks healthy, but NOBODY eats like that
    Me: Yes, I do. And the guys I train with. And my ex-wife. And my sister. And some of my friends too. It's pretty easy actually

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    When I was in for a surgery back in October, their meal system worked by placing your order 2 or 3 days in advance. And as it went I was released 2 days later, so never did get to choose what I actually wanted from their menu sheet.
    Yeah I had to stay in a psych ward for a few months as a child so I got a first hand culinary journey through the land of floor scrapings. I was sane when I went in there.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Went to mothers house house for Easter. Lamb, chicken, asparagus.... Along with birthday cake, potatoes and strawberry short cake. My mom is diabetic. SIL its overweight, she's had a stroke (at 40) and is on more meds than I can count, including cumiden.

Her10 year old soon was wearing a t_shirt that said "I heart cake" my brother said proudly that his soon never misses dessert.

I have lost 25 pounds and feel so much better. I feel for them.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post

Her: Hahaha, salmon for breakfast
    Me: What's wrong with that?
    Her: Nothing, it must be cultural I guess. This menu looks healthy, but NOBODY eats like that
    Me: Yes, I do. And the guys I train with. And my ex-wife. And my sister. And some of my friends too. It's pretty easy actually

HA! Tell her I'm eating beef pot roast & tongue for breakfast. :P

Then tell her to eat like Pa Ingalls and all will be well. Or better, at least. They had refined corn & flour & sugar by then, but still ate eggs & MEAT for breakfast!

BTW, if I was quick on my feet, the best answer to her "NOBODY eats like that" would have been, "and how's that working out for them?"
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey