Page 409 of 873 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 409

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Spotted at the grocery store yesterday, in a big cereal display near the front door:

COOKIE CRISP
    More Whole Grain!*

*Than any other ingredient!

Roffles ;0)
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I've just started visiting a local woman to help her with shopping. Last week she had trouble getting her prescription medicines delivered, so I wound up fetching them for her. And couldn't help noticing that she's on a statin.

She has never had a heart attack. She is 91 years old and lives alone and independently. Well, quick, let's lower her cholesterol.

Sorry, this is just depressing, but I had to vent somewhere.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member

Same same with my mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    I've just started visiting a local woman to help her with shopping. Last week she had trouble getting her prescription medicines delivered, so I wound up fetching them for her. And couldn't help noticing that she's on a statin.

She has never had a heart attack. She is 91 years old and lives alone and independently. Well, quick, let's lower her cholesterol.

Sorry, this is just depressing, but I had to vent somewhere.
    Went through something similar with my mom. Despite having no recent heart attacks/problems, because she had had a heart attack about 10 years previous the doctor put her on blood thinners, statins, NSAID for her arthritis pain, etc. Damn near killed her. Now she is 87 years old, takes a thyroid medication and that is pretty much it. Doctors prescribe drugs for people for 2 reasons a) they don't know what else to do but give drugs or do surgery and b) they are courted, on almost a daily basis, to prescribe the latest, greatest chemical that big pharma is pushing.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Saw this: Raw Milk: A Mother's Story

And couldn't help but note, if the kid were primal, he wouldn't be facing these problems in the first place! Eat more meat!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Coworker explained the "body bug" calorie counter strapped to her arm to me. I thought she was diabetic, at first. She has a personal trainer who monitors it. She eats small meals like eight times a day, to keep her "metabolism up." I've seen her eat two Snickers bars in the past week and she just discovered the Jolly Rancher candy jar in the front of the office. Granted, she's losing the weight she wants to lose - for right now. All of it is just so ridiculous. Just the combinations of bizarre contradictions and unsustainable practices...

::sigh::

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaLeaf View Post
    Thanks. You made me laugh out loud at this one. I bet every single one of the the Timmy Hos workers went home and told the story of the crazy nut who wanted butter in their fruit drink. Awesome.
    Oh, I'm sure they did.
    One of the workers asked me why I wanted that, was it because it tasted better? Yep! I said. I really wanted to go into how we NEED fat in our diet, and how their low-fat drinks were actually not that healthy, but I stuck with the "tastes good" reason, because it's also true.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    got invited to a fundraiser at a Baskin Robbins.....wait for it........to raise money for Relay For Life. For cancer.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Me walking by a candy shop in the mall, I peek inside out of curiosity. The girl working there shows me their latest sale, I don't seem interested so she tries the sure-fire seller "these are fat free". I think if I was seriously buying a box of gooey, fruit themed jelly candy covered in so much sugar it was comparable to 20-grit sandpaper, fat content wouldn't really be on my conscience.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    I found a receipt in my pocket for the local Baja Fresh. The salsa verde I got on my steak salad is listed on the receipt as "FatFree Salsaverde"

.......................................... sigh.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Made a comment on Twitter that, as an attempt to further eliminate dairy from my diet I was going to start drinking my coffee black. Coworker walks in:

Puzzled Coworker: So... How do you expect to get your calcium?
    Me: ...From everything else?