Page 407 of 872 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 8716

Thread: Funny CW moments page 407

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimelah View Post
    On Saturday, ended up being "kidnapped" by a friend, and dragged to Tim Horton's. She bought herself one of those new fancy fruit drinks, so I had her buy me one too. (She kidnapped me, she needed to feed me.) You have a choice of with, or without fat-free yoghurt. I chose yogurt, just because. And then, I had a brain storm! They sell bagels, with butter! So I asked them if they could put some butter into my fruit drink. For fat, you know. Of course, they stare at me for a moment, ask me to repeat myself--"butter?"--I say, yes, butter. And then I say, "wait. is it REAL butter? You know, from cows?" They nod, check, nod again. "Yep, real butter." I say, "cool, stick it in." So they stick it in.
    My friend, by this time, is chewing her lip bloody trying not to laugh at what she deems utter idiocy on my part ("who puts BUTTER in a FRUIT drink?!" "only me," I tell her.)
    I get my buttery fruit drink and we leave. She tries it, deems it acceptable. It is, until I realize the butter is not actually mixed in.
    See, it's a frozen drink, so when they dumped in the butter, it froze. And then clumped together along the sides, with a HUGE chunk of it at the bottom. So there I am, sucking up chunks and chewing them, and then I stick the straw in the huge chunk, pluck it from the straw, toss it in my mouth, and start chewing.
    It sorta redeemed the ultra-sugar-dump I was voluntarily inflicting on my body.
    Of course, it totally grosses out my friend. It was awesome!
    Not the drink, but the butter in the drink.
    Thanks. You made me laugh out loud at this one. I bet every single one of the the Timmy Hos workers went home and told the story of the crazy nut who wanted butter in their fruit drink. Awesome.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    This weekend I was at a birthday party at a bar. Someone had brought a cake and were passing slices around. One girl there--whom I had never met--declined the cake, saying she was totally trying to avoid sugar! She then proceeded to sip her frilly cocktail made with sweetened alcohol and simple syrup.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    This weekend I was at a birthday party at a bar. Someone had brought a cake and were passing slices around. One girl there--whom I had never met--declined the cake, saying she was totally trying to avoid sugar! She then proceeded to sip her frilly cocktail made with sweetened alcohol and simple syrup.
    +1
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Oh! How could I have forgotten! I have another doozy of a CW moment from the weekend. An old friend from college was in town so I met up with him for breakfast. We ended up at a generic dennys-like place because all the small interesting places were packed and he had a time crunch. While we talked we talked a lot about weight and diet. He's lost a lot of weight recently, which according to him was because of rigid adherence to Weight Watchers (which, ok, good for him). He was asking me about paleo, saying quite matter of factly that he was planning on "looking into it next." So I gave him my thumbnail sketch and elevator speeches.

The whole conversation was an abject lesson in double-think and double-speak, though, it was super trippy. I talked about good animal fats and whole foods, he said that's a really interesting point and then proceeded to order an omlette with "egg beaters" fortified egg-whites not 30 seconds later. Then, talking about WW was like this crazy dance of logical fallacies. Here is basically how it went down:

- He said WW has helped him be more cognizant of what hes eating
    - I say thats great, but point out that WW doesnt really teach people to *understand* their food, cause of the inscrutable point-system
    - He said that actually hes studied the material really hard and really is aware of the calories of his food
    - I say well thats good, but theres a lot more to food than just calories; nutrition breakdown is really important
    - He says well no actually WW has been shifting away from just focusing on the calories and their point system is based on a formula that takes into account the whole nutrient breakdown of the food so he doesnt have to worry about calories anymore.

I am not exaggerating. He literally said WW has been great because its taught him so much about calories in food but its also great because they dont talk about the calories in food, and responded to my argument that the point system is kind of arbitrary and inscrutable by basically proving that the point system is arbitrary and inscrutable.

I let the whole topic drop. Ill send him info on paleo/primal when hes done travelling but Im not holding my breath that its going to sink in, like, at all.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Y'know, maybe that's what Primal needs. Some damned "points system," so we don't ever have to think for ourselves.

I like it.

If we had a points system, why would we need MDA? Where else can you start a thread entitled "I ate a cracker yesterday, am I going to die?" "While eating at a family member's house, I had butter that wasn't from grass-fed cows, will my blood sugar spike and shut my internal organs down?" And countless other mini-crises?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Think?! You think?! How dare you- baa baa *aghm* How dare you THINK?!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    If we had a points system, why would we need MDA? Where else can you start a thread entitled "I ate a cracker yesterday, am I going to die?" "While eating at a family member's house, I had butter that wasn't from grass-fed cows, will my blood sugar spike and shut my internal organs down?" And countless other mini-crises?
    Lol! So true. Those really amuse me, I tell them to my bf from time to time. He thinks they're hilarious and he's not even primal

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Y'know, maybe that's what Primal needs. Some damned "points system," so we don't ever have to think for ourselves.

I like it.
    But that is the joy of primal you don't need to think about it all you have to do is eat real food - simples!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    But that is the joy of primal you don't need to think about it all you have to do is eat real food - simples!
    Nah, sounds too easy! What if I need 43% fat, not 42% fat? If I don't obsess over every detail, how can I possibly know that I'm healthy?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal