Page 403 of 873 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 403

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    "oh yeah, you're cutting back your carbs - of course you're going to lose weight."
    Then, uh.. Why doesn't she do it too? I bet you anything it's because she thinks her way (which involves turning eating into a numbers game you play against yourself, and just feeling miserable and deprived in general) is "healthier". That fact that it's harder MUST mean it's better for you, because nothing good for you is easy! Obviously.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Then, uh.. Why doesn't she do it too? I bet you anything it's because she thinks her way (which involves turning eating into a numbers game you play against yourself, and just feeling miserable and deprived in general) is "healthier". That fact that it's harder MUST mean it's better for you, because nothing good for you is easy! Obviously.

I think with that comment, it was more like, of course you're going to lose WATER weight. Most misperceptions about low carb is that people are going to go back to their old habits after losing all their water weight, and then gaining it all right back with the excess carbs. Meh.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I think with that comment, it was more like, of course you're going to lose WATER weight. Most misperceptions about low carb is that people are going to go back to their old habits after losing all their water weight, and then gaining it all right back with the excess carbs. Meh.
    I think some people do exactly that when they are doing Atkins/South Beach/whatever* as a quick fix and then go back to their usual habits. That's far less likely if you are making the transition to primal eating for the long run, not just to get into a dress for a special event.

*I know some people use those LC plans as the start for long-term change, but that's not the norm from what I've seen.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifith View Post
    Cake. Don't use their words, they're starting the day with cake.
    Cake+coffee is a godamn awesome combo.
    It just is...
    Haven't had both in a while..

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by windypasswheeler View Post
    Me to my 9 year old daughter: I want to to talk to you about sugar.
    I can only try. I'm afraid for her teen years. She already thinks she's fat, but only because the WII told her so. I wish I had gone primal before she came along, but there is no changing the past.
    For some reason I first read this as "because the World War 2 told her so"
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    It's The Boyfriend's birthday today, so I was card shopping yesterday. Found this one from Hallmark's Shoebox line that was SOOOO very close to perfect!

Outside - This just in! There's a tasty way to enjoy whole grains and leafy greens.

Inside - Feed them to a cow, and they'll turn into a delicious, meaty steak. Meaty birthday to you.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

MissJenn is offline Member
    Doesn't Wii tell everyone they're fat? Brillant business plan, don't cha think?
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    My mom was looking over this new medication that her doctor gave her today to help with her diarrhea. It's cholesterol medication. Specifically a medication that has caused recorded deaths. Apparently, the doctor prescribed it to her because one of the side effects is constipation, which she hopes will counteract the diarrhea. My mother realizes that this logic is completely absurd, but she still plans on taking the medication. When I asked her why she would do that she said, "Because the doctor told me to."

Sometimes I really hate having taken the red pill, so to speak.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    My mom was looking over this new medication that her doctor gave her today to help with her diarrhea. It's cholesterol medication. Specifically a medication that has caused recorded deaths. Apparently, the doctor prescribed it to her because one of the side effects is constipation, which she hopes will counteract the diarrhea. My mother realizes that this logic is completely absurd, but she still plans on taking the medication. When I asked her why she would do that she said, "Because the doctor told me to."

Wow...that's just...horrible. I've been reading all these posts and this has got to be one of the worst so far

Sorry for your mom

MissJenn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post

Will she entertain the theory of finding out what is causing her stomach troubles rather than treating the symptoms (with poison)? Perhaps she has a food intolerance?
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked