Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 403 of 923 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 9222

Thread: Funny CW moments

  1. #4021
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,187
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    "oh yeah, you're cutting back your carbs - of course you're going to lose weight."
    Then, uh.. Why doesn't she do it too? I bet you anything it's because she thinks her way (which involves turning eating into a numbers game you play against yourself, and just feeling miserable and deprived in general) is "healthier". That fact that it's harder MUST mean it's better for you, because nothing good for you is easy! Obviously.


    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

  2. #4022
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Then, uh.. Why doesn't she do it too? I bet you anything it's because she thinks her way (which involves turning eating into a numbers game you play against yourself, and just feeling miserable and deprived in general) is "healthier". That fact that it's harder MUST mean it's better for you, because nothing good for you is easy! Obviously.

    I think with that comment, it was more like, of course you're going to lose WATER weight. Most misperceptions about low carb is that people are going to go back to their old habits after losing all their water weight, and then gaining it all right back with the excess carbs. Meh.

  3. #4023
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I think with that comment, it was more like, of course you're going to lose WATER weight. Most misperceptions about low carb is that people are going to go back to their old habits after losing all their water weight, and then gaining it all right back with the excess carbs. Meh.
    I think some people do exactly that when they are doing Atkins/South Beach/whatever* as a quick fix and then go back to their usual habits. That's far less likely if you are making the transition to primal eating for the long run, not just to get into a dress for a special event.


    *I know some people use those LC plans as the start for long-term change, but that's not the norm from what I've seen.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  4. #4024
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifith View Post
    Cake. Don't use their words, they're starting the day with cake.
    Cake+coffee is a godamn awesome combo.
    It just is...
    Haven't had both in a while..

  5. #4025
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by windypasswheeler View Post
    Me to my 9 year old daughter: I want to to talk to you about sugar.
    I can only try. I'm afraid for her teen years. She already thinks she's fat, but only because the WII told her so. I wish I had gone primal before she came along, but there is no changing the past.
    For some reason I first read this as "because the World War 2 told her so"
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

  6. #4026
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,091
    It's The Boyfriend's birthday today, so I was card shopping yesterday. Found this one from Hallmark's Shoebox line that was SOOOO very close to perfect!

    Outside - This just in! There's a tasty way to enjoy whole grains and leafy greens.

    Inside - Feed them to a cow, and they'll turn into a delicious, meaty steak. Meaty birthday to you.
    Durp.

  7. #4027
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    51
    Doesn't Wii tell everyone they're fat? Brillant business plan, don't cha think?
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

  8. #4028
    My mom was looking over this new medication that her doctor gave her today to help with her diarrhea. It's cholesterol medication. Specifically a medication that has caused recorded deaths. Apparently, the doctor prescribed it to her because one of the side effects is constipation, which she hopes will counteract the diarrhea. My mother realizes that this logic is completely absurd, but she still plans on taking the medication. When I asked her why she would do that she said, "Because the doctor told me to."

    Sometimes I really hate having taken the red pill, so to speak.

  9. #4029
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    My mom was looking over this new medication that her doctor gave her today to help with her diarrhea. It's cholesterol medication. Specifically a medication that has caused recorded deaths. Apparently, the doctor prescribed it to her because one of the side effects is constipation, which she hopes will counteract the diarrhea. My mother realizes that this logic is completely absurd, but she still plans on taking the medication. When I asked her why she would do that she said, "Because the doctor told me to."

    Sometimes I really hate having taken the red pill, so to speak.
    Wow...that's just...horrible. I've been reading all these posts and this has got to be one of the worst so far

    Sorry for your mom
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir


    "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell


    ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

  10. #4030
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    51
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    My mom was looking over this new medication that her doctor gave her today to help with her diarrhea. It's cholesterol medication. Specifically a medication that has caused recorded deaths. Apparently, the doctor prescribed it to her because one of the side effects is constipation, which she hopes will counteract the diarrhea. My mother realizes that this logic is completely absurd, but she still plans on taking the medication. When I asked her why she would do that she said, "Because the doctor told me to."

    Sometimes I really hate having taken the red pill, so to speak.
    Will she entertain the theory of finding out what is causing her stomach troubles rather than treating the symptoms (with poison)? Perhaps she has a food intolerance?
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •