Page 400 of 888 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 8875

Thread: Funny CW moments page 400

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My boyfriend tried to tell me we eat the same now because of our shared primal dinners.

His average day of food (and by that I mean every day that I can remember since we've been together over 2 years):
    -nothing for breakfast. ever.
    -delivery pizza/burger/sandwich or a couple bowls of cereal etc. Sometimes he'll make a sandwich...whole wheat bread, cheese, deli meat. Or just Nutella.
    -primal dinner (sometimes with soy sauce)
    -He drinks soda "occasionally", but will drink several liters in a week when he does drink it.

My day of food:
    -Protein-heavy breakfast (eggs, bacon, leftover meat, sometimes with mixed veggies, protein shake with coconut milk or regular milk, apple or banana on the side etc.), supplements for mood support and Vitamin D, occasionally fast till lunch
    -Some meat & veggies or sometimes fast till after work
    -Primal dinner (meat & veggies, sweet potato, sometimes white rice), sometimes a square or two of 90% dark chocolate or a piece of fruit
    -I usually only drink water or tea.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    A 'recipe' getting lots of rave reviews at another site:

Mandarin Orange Cake

Ingredients

1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
    4 eggs
    1 cup vegetable oil
    1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
    1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
    1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
    1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

I figured we did not need the directions for how to assemble this.

canio6 Guest
    Dang Unicorn, that used to be my favorite cake. My ex-wife used to make it for me every birthday. I always knew she was trying to kill me lol.

tobias is offline Member
    Red meat has many benefits for athletes, magazine says - The Washington Post

wait, someone is actually saying that red meat is GOOD for you?!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Today in the lunch room I had my home made French Onion Soup.

My colleague made a face and asked me what it was. I told her, and said that it takes about 3 days to make, due to 2 days simmering of the beef/bone broth as a base.
    Her: 'Why don't you just buy some from the shop'
    Me: 'Because it'd probably taste of nothing'
    Her: 'Well you can add something to it to make it taste better'
    Me: 'But then it will have no nutritional content'
    Her: (making a face) it looks darker than normal
    Me (in my head): 'Yeah that's because you're used to eating processed sh*t that's never even seen an onion.

This is also the girl who thought that my cut up vegetables in a box was a lot of effort to make.
    *facepalm*
    My butcher has frozen tubs of homemade broth and stock. It's really good, but its also really expensive; like $7-8 a container, which contains about 3-4 cups of stock. The price alone is why I only use it when I am in a rush and out of my own stuff.

New CW thing: has anyone seen Hillary Clinton lately? Yesterday after work I was at a bar with some work friends and my eye kept drifting to the TVs (shining moving images! You cant not look at it >.<). One was playing the early evening news. One of my coworkers commented on how Hillary has changed her hair lately. I was like what, and looked around for the TV she was on. The coworker pointed to the TV I was looking at.

I was FUCKING. SHOCKED. She looked NOTHING like herself. Her face was SO puffy and bloated and her eyes were just like tiny dead pools sunken in the flesh. Even through all the makeup I could tell her skin was blotchy and terrible. As mentioned, her hair was different, longer and blonder; which, rather than making her look young and vibrant, synergized poorly with her puffy face to make her look fat and squat. On top of all this, she was wearing a RIDICULOUS lurid pink blazer that would look good on no one and added yet another bizarre, surreal element to the whole tableau. I gaped at the screen while my coworkers chatted about the fact that her hair is grown out is a sign that shes not actively campaigning. I wanted to yell out why no one else saw how terrible she looks overall. I bring this up here because everyone knows that Bill Clinton has been heavily into the Ornish diet for like a decade now, and I think recently went full-on vegan, so Im wondering if maybe she got pulled onto the bandwagon as well.

Oh, ALSO, Hillary was talking to some newscaster who i THINK was Maria Schriver, but that was a whole other tableau of health fail; even through the makeup, she looked like an angular, emaciated skeleton, with terrible skin.

I couldnt tear my eyes away from this scene, watching as the camera panned between a woman who looks so fat and sick and another who looks so THIN and sick, and yet no one else in the room seemed to notice or care and acted like these were perfectly normal forms of humanity to be trotted out in front of all of us.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I couldnt tear my eyes away from this scene, watching as the camera panned between a woman who looks so fat and sick and another who looks so THIN and sick, and yet no one else in the room seemed to notice or care and acted like these were perfectly normal forms of humanity to be trotted out in front of all of us.
    They were normal. Normal is SAD. Normal is CW. Normal is unhealthy. Normal is what the majority does.
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    New CW thing: has anyone seen Hillary Clinton lately? <snip> I was FUCKING. SHOCKED. She looked NOTHING like herself. Her face was SO puffy and bloated and her eyes were just like tiny dead pools sunken in the flesh. Even through all the makeup I could tell her skin was blotchy and terrible. As mentioned, her hair was different, longer and blonder; which, rather than making her look young and vibrant, synergized poorly with her puffy face to make her look fat and squat.
    Last time I saw her on TV (a couple months ago, maybe?) I noticed she was looking unhealthy. I thought that maybe her age was catching up with her, but she's not THAT old (60-ish?), and she just looked haggard. To me she has never been a particularly attractive woman, but when she was younger she at least looked somewhat healthy. Now she just looks ill.

Re: Maria Shriver - She's been looking rough for years. She's always had an angular face (those Kennedy genes), but as she has gotten older she also looks less and less healthy, even if she isn't necessarily overweight.

And then you have people in the entertainment media saying that Jennifer Lawrence isn't skinny enough to play Katniss Everdeen. *facepalm* the stupid, it burns...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Last time I saw her on TV (a couple months ago, maybe?) I noticed she was looking unhealthy. I thought that maybe her age was catching up with her, but she's not THAT old (60-ish?), and she just looked haggard. To me she has never been a particularly attractive woman, but when she was younger she at least looked somewhat healthy. Now she just looks ill.

Re: Maria Shriver - She's been looking rough for years. She's always had an angular face (those Kennedy genes), but as she has gotten older she also looks less and less healthy, even if she isn't necessarily overweight.

And then you have people in the entertainment media saying that Jennifer Lawrence isn't skinny enough to play Katniss Everdeen. *facepalm* the stupid, it burns...

Yeah, shes never been particularly attractive but I always thought she looked fine and respectable and played to her mature side and I respected her for it.

But this is what I saw last night:

"Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    funny stuff , lol

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ckck1234 View Post
    funny stuff , lol
    I don't think I'd consider all of this stuff funny, since we're on here discussing people who have had heart attacks, strokes, high blood pressure, people who are on statins who bruise like crazy, etc. unless you think severe medical problems are funny.

MY DAD HAZ TEH ALZHEIMERS, ITS SO FUNNY LOL

ETA: Although my co-workers trying to convince me that a Pop-Tart without the frosting is somehow "healthy", is pretty funny when I think of it...
    Last edited by Spubba; 04-03-2012 at 02:32 PM.