Page 399 of 879 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 8781

Thread: Funny CW moments page 399

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    Since I'm new, can you explain this? I don't get it...
    Statins - not good for you! Bruise easily.

MissJenn is offline Member
    That's no bueno.
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Fave quote "Women need one portion of grains every day" Do you Have Carborexia? | Mail Online
    "Of course, if you cut a whole food category from your diet, you’re going to lose weight."

What about meat? That's a food group. I know plenty of veg*ns who aren't losing weight.

What about vegetables? That's a food group. I don't know anyone who lost weight after cutting out vegetables.

Some people lose weight when they cut out dairy because it was affecting them badly. That's true.

As for fruits, I know plenty of people who don't eat fruit ever and they aren't losing weight, though.

What does that leave us with? Oils is another food group, and I think we all know someone on a low-fat diet. Are they losing weight? Maybe, depending on how much they are killing themselves with exercise and calorie-counting. Point is it doesn't really work.

And then there's grains. I don't think I know anyone who HASN'T lost weight (or at least fat and bloat) when cutting out grains. It seems to be the only food group you can cut out that virtually guarantees weight loss (assuming you have weight to lose). So this "if you cut a whole food category from your diet, you’re going to lose weight" crap ONLY seems to apply to grains (generally speaking). How nice that they use the grain-free WOE as an argument against itself. Wtf?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

weathergirl is offline Member
    so my aunt has every health problem in the book. she has all sorts of digestive issues, diverticulitis whatever. and shes always blabbing about fiber and how necesary it is and that her doctor told her to eat some nasty cereal because in order for her to get all the fiber she needs she would need to eat a mountain of veggies. anyways she called me the other day and asked about my weight and eating habits and whatever. so she said "so like when you are done losing weight, you will eat normal right? because you cant go the rest of your life like this. i mean you are so young you need to live a little" i just said to her "well when i ate whatever i wanted and was 40 lbs over weight and exhausted and disgusted with myself i wasnt living either". end of conversation.

on a cw win side note, the mom i am nannying for has been seeing my progress and she is semi interested in the concept. she is already really healthy, as in only buys organic and local meats etc; but the baby is 6 months old and she wants to start him on food and she said she is going to start him on egg yolks because "they actually have loads of nutrients that babies need, and baby cereal has them but they are added so they are really not that beneficial. i would rather give him a natural source of nourishment" yay!!!! im so excited!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Spotted this one on a forum yesterday a few pages into a thread about ciet/cutting/bulking.

"I tend to avoid eggs on training day due to fat content. Mainly stick to lean meats and low fat cottage cheese for my protein sources on those days. Maybe a shake at the end of the day if I haven't hit my protein levels."

Why fear the eggs, WHY?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Today in the lunch room I had my home made French Onion Soup.

My colleague made a face and asked me what it was. I told her, and said that it takes about 3 days to make, due to 2 days simmering of the beef/bone broth as a base.
    Her: 'Why don't you just buy some from the shop'
    Me: 'Because it'd probably taste of nothing'
    Her: 'Well you can add something to it to make it taste better'
    Me: 'But then it will have no nutritional content'
    Her: (making a face) it looks darker than normal
    Me (in my head): 'Yeah that's because you're used to eating processed sh*t that's never even seen an onion.

This is also the girl who thought that my cut up vegetables in a box was a lot of effort to make.
    *facepalm*

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    This thread has given me some great laughs, as well as a lot of cringing. Does it make anyone else hungry?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Me (in my head): 'Yeah that's because you're used to eating processed sh*t that's never even seen an onion.
    <3

Yesterday at the store I watched two women at the meat counter...

"Which steak should we buy?"
    "I dunno, they all probably have lots of fat in them."
    "Yeah, I want steak but not any fat. Huh, do all steaks have fat in them?"
    "Yeah, I think so...."
    "Man, why isn't steak more like chicken breast?"

Yes, because I want a ribeye to be just like boneless, skinless chicken breast...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    <3
    ..."Man, why isn't steak more like chicken breast?"...
    Lack of healthy fat = lack of intelligence?
    The reason steak isn't more like chicken breast is because they're two completely different animals, ha!
    Silly girls.
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    That's no bueno.
    Yeah, it just makes me sad because my dad had a heart attack (heart disease is rampant on his side of the family) last Fall and has basically gone vegan since then (though I'm not sure how that'll change after lent) and is on statins. He seems to be taking pride in "taking care of himself", but it all seems so wrong to me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).