Page 398 of 869 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 8685

Thread: Funny CW moments page 398

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I didn't say you were...it was just a general comment.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    That reminds me of a coupon I saw on the cooler door at a convenience store: $1 off King Size Reese's Peanut Butter cups when you buy Coke Zero.
    LOL nice draw!! Unbelievable!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    That reminds me of a coupon I saw on the cooler door at a convenience store: $1 off King Size Reese's Peanut Butter cups when you buy Coke Zero.
    Right. So let's avoid the calories in drinks, but make up for it in the "food".

*shakes head*
    *rolls eyes*
    *scarfs down bacon*

MissJenn is offline Member
    I was watching the latest episode of Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares last night and he was eating a very oily queso fundido and said there was oil dripping off it and that he could feel his "arteries clogging right there." Is grease/oil from cheese bad too? I see this stuff on tv all the time and it's just so frustrating.
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    I'm not blaming the company for anything there. We're commenting on the irony of a sugary snack washed down with a non-sugary chemical drink.

Well at least it negates some of the damage to the teeth.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    I was watching the latest episode of Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares last night and he was eating a very oily queso fundido and said there was oil dripping off it and that he could feel his "arteries clogging right there." Is grease/oil from cheese bad too? I see this stuff on tv all the time and it's just so frustrating.
    I <3 Gordon Ramsey and watch all his shows except hells kitchen (which is just about prima donna-chef drama and not about cooking, really, so meh). I too have laughed when he complains about food being too greasy, often as I am adding more butter to a dish I am making while watching the show; but then, I have started to find in my cooking that sometimes the food IS too greasy. Like, I like a lot of fat and drippings in my stews, but when there is a noticeable layer of oil across the entire surface of it, I realize that mebbe I should have spooned some of that off. At a certain point, its not adding flavor, its just adding unsightly mess that sometimes actually does give me indigestion.

I certainly ignore it when recipes that tell me to remove ALL the fats and drippings, though. Eff that.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    Considering that a lot of the "cheese" used in restaurants is actually made out of vegetable oil, and that almost all of the oil used in restauarant cooking is also vegetable oil, he's not wrong. If it was real cheese and the "oil" was either butter or olive oil, different story.

Considering since this restaurant microwaved the queso fundido, it was probably Velveeta. Ew.
    F/ 5'6"

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Sad CW moment: my dad showing off the huge bruise he got (he's on statins) from working on the car. Normally it'd be about as big as a dime, or not noticeable, since he doesn't even remember getting it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sad CW moment: my dad showing off the huge bruise he got (he's on statins) from working on the car. Normally it'd be about as big as a dime, or not noticeable, since he doesn't even remember getting it.
    Since I'm new, can you explain this? I don't get it...
    F/ 5'6"