Page 396 of 879 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 396

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Heh, mine was a full on Americano. They dumped half the entire cup full of whipping cream =\
    Umm.... An americano is just water and espresso. No cream. Its just espresso that has been watered down to resemble drip brewed coffee.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Umm.... An americano is just water and espresso. No cream. Its just espresso that has been watered down to resemble drip brewed coffee.
    Q : si ifits watered down espresso how is that different than reg. Coffee?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    It's usually the same strength as a regular coffee, but it tends to be a very different flavor. I suggest just giving one a try.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, watered down espresso still tastes different because it's made different. Regular coffee is made with hot water over coffee grounds, espresso is made by forcing steam through coffee grounds and it condenses as it passes through. I like the flavor of espresso better than regular coffee.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John1477 View Post
    SF- That IS ironic, but fats have been linked to feeding cancers (I just learned). Apparently there are certain fatty acids that certain cencers need, so they tell women with a high risk of breast cancer to go on a low fat diet.
    lately, there have been studies linking hyperglycemia to cancer, alzheimer's and so on. I believe there was a video posted, not too long ago, explaining how cancer feeds off of sugar.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Yeah, watered down espresso still tastes different because it's made different. Regular coffee is made with hot water over coffee grounds, espresso is made by forcing steam through coffee grounds and it condenses as it passes through. I like the flavor of espresso better than regular coffee.
    This. Plus Starbucks brewed coffee always makes me jittery and headache-y.

In the above comment, I meant my drink was an Americano and not an espresso. So it was the base of espresso plus equal amounts of cream and water all the way to the top of the cup. =x

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    As others have mentioned it does have a bit of a different taste due to the way that it is brewed, plus it's super fresh.

The reason it exists is because american GIs in europe wanted 'regular' coffee but it didn't exist there. So they got espresso that had been watered down. Hence it being called an Americano.

Now, just like your regular coffee, you can add cream and/or sugar if you want but an americano itself is just water and espresso.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Espresso hits me more on the back of the throat. Even watered down (which I do sometimes at work to extend my cup-of-something-hot-and-tasty pleasure), it still has that effect. It's almost acrid.

Coffee, on the other hand, is more upfront.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Espresso always tastes burnt and horrible to me, no matter how diluted with cream and sugar. Regular coffee is much nicer. Especially cold-brewed coffee. Mmm.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    lately, there have been studies linking hyperglycemia to cancer, alzheimer's and so on. I believe there was a video posted, not too long ago, explaining how cancer feeds off of sugar.
    You replied to a spambot