Page 395 of 882 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 8819

Thread: Funny CW moments page 395

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Carmiel: Just a thought- since I'm not really sure how your relationship is. The next time it comes up, could you say "Do you want my thoughts on this?" Just a question- no inflection. That way if she says "yes" then, well, she asked for it

It's true- I was a pain in my mother's ass about food as a young adult. I outgrew it eventually, and find that I'm becoming as food-centric as I accused her of being. Well- we all turn into our mothers, right?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    They have to carry it; it's how they make their whipped cream in the silver canisters. You do have to specify it as 'heavy cream' though, cream by default would be Half & half.

Why they'd put anything else but H&H when asking for cream is weird though, they should be asking :/

(speaking as a former starbucks shift manager! :P )
    Starbucks weirded me out the few times I tried to get coffee there. I would order coffee, cream, no sugar. Simple, right?

Things I have gotten back after ordering:
    - A cup of coffee with soy milk and sugar.
    - A cup of lukewarm coffee with skim milk and sugar.
    - An iced coffee drink that came from a mix - I don't even know where they got that from.
    - Coffee with sugar and H&H.
    - A cup of black coffee with whipped cream sprayed on top.

It's like they learned how to make all these foo-foo girly coffee drinks but forgot how to pour a plain ol' cup of joe in the process. Also, the sugar's always clumped up at the bottom. And the "cream" additive is just dumped in. Don't people stir anymore?

And yes, I get served sugar even when I tell them NO SUGAR. Especially when I say no sugar. It seems to trip the sugar switch in their brains. I gave up and I make all my coffee at home now anyway, and I use coconut oil instead of cream these days, so I don't think I would bother going back to Starbucks.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Starbucks weirded me out the few times I tried to get coffee there. I would order coffee, cream, no sugar. Simple, right?

Things I have gotten back after ordering:
    - A cup of coffee with soy milk and sugar.
    - A cup of lukewarm coffee with skim milk and sugar.
    - An iced coffee drink that came from a mix - I don't even know where they got that from.
    - Coffee with sugar and H&H.
    - A cup of black coffee with whipped cream sprayed on top.

It's like they learned how to make all these foo-foo girly coffee drinks but forgot how to pour a plain ol' cup of joe in the process. Also, the sugar's always clumped up at the bottom. And the "cream" additive is just dumped in. Don't people stir anymore?

And yes, I get served sugar even when I tell them NO SUGAR. Especially when I say no sugar. It seems to trip the sugar switch in their brains. I gave up and I make all my coffee at home now anyway, and I use coconut oil instead of cream these days, so I don't think I would bother going back to Starbucks.
    I haven't gone back to Starbucks for coffee, in a long time. If I do go there, it's to chat it up with some of the employees (some are cool to me).
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Carmiel is online now Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Carmiel: Just a thought- since I'm not really sure how your relationship is. The next time it comes up, could you say "Do you want my thoughts on this?" Just a question- no inflection. That way if she says "yes" then, well, she asked for it

It's true- I was a pain in my mother's ass about food as a young adult. I outgrew it eventually, and find that I'm becoming as food-centric as I accused her of being. Well- we all turn into our mothers, right?
    I have approached her with "I would like to talk with you about what I have learned" thinking that would be a good start - she wasn't interested. It's like there are these unwritten rules about what is okay and not okay to talk about...I think I will just leave it alone and hope that someday she will come around. Thanks for listening

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmiel View Post
    It's definitely the child-mode thing. Until now I had not discussed the subject of food/weight with her for over a year, I learned my lesson the last time it came up. We were in the car when she informed me that she was going back to Weight Watchers and I made the statement that I thought there were better ways of losing weight than WW...big mistake. She proceeded to scream at me for about 30 minutes about everything that had ever happened to her in her entire life and how it was all my fault (I was trapped in the car with her) and then didn't talk to me for a couple months. This is the first time since then that I have gone near the subject. It is obviously a very touchy one for her and she is definitely in denial about what is happening with her and the thing is, I know she isn't happy even though she would say otherwise. It is her life and I guess if she thinks her doctor knows what is best for her then who am I to try to convince her otherwise??? It's so hard not to worry when it's your kid.
    Or it could be the self-identity as vegetarian thing. What pushed me off being vegetarian was attempting grain-free and realizing that eggs and cheese taste a LOT better if they aren't your breakfast every day.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    In the blood mobile, answering the questionnaire, my phlebotomist was doing the quickie blood test where they stab your finger, and she asked me if I was a meat eater as she squeezed out the blood.

I blinked. "You can tell that from my blood?"

"Oh, no!" she said. "It's just...those people (i.e., vegans) who don't eat meat. I have to go real deep for their blood sample so they can pass the test!"

I suspect this is an iron deficiency thing. Wouldn't surprise me. Also: more proof that you gotta be real careful if you want to thrive without animal products.

She then started talking about how she gave up sodas and it did nothing! nothing! to her waistline. And I said, "Give up grains." Then we made jokes about diabetes. Then the blood mobile decided it couldn't find my veins and I left without giving blood. Sensing I was disappointed, they offered me cookies. They were practically THROWING cookies at me. I said no and went on my way.

Good times.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    What? Mine uses a gallon size of heavy whipping cream of the local large dairy manufacturer.

If your cream tastes sweet, then they used whippED cream and misunderstood you. So just ask them to make another. Once I had to send back my coffee twice to the barista because the first time around they used whipped cream, and the second time they dumped as much cream as there was espresso in my drink. Erm, no I don't want to drink straight cream mildly flavored with espresso =/
    This is actually called a caffè breve. I like 'em!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    This is actually called a caffè breve. I like 'em!
    Heh, mine was a full on Americano. They dumped half the entire cup full of whipping cream =\

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    I've been looking at getting a few chickens and was asking someone what they generally eat. I was told bread and tablescraps as well as pellets or whatever.

When I said I don't eat bread and never have table scraps because I eat all my food I was informed that I am taking things to the 'extreme'.

This came from the same person who told me I'm not enjoying life when I refused a slice of apple and cinnamon cake, and asked me if I really enjoy the food I do eat?

Give me strength.
    I have chickens, they eat leftover vegetable peelings, egg shells, bugs, ticks, leftovers that get a bit moldy if there are any, and same chicken scratch. Mine mostly are pastured so I don't feed them much during non winter months.

PM me of you want more info.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

pfair143 is offline Member
    Because everyone knows that the ONLY people who actually die eat bacon; or possibly just a last laugh.

Makers Of Baconnaise Introduce Eternal Pork Embrace: The Bacon Coffin - The Consumerist