Page 394 of 880 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 394

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Bacon+butter+beef+big ass salad = breakfast. My 4 favorite food groups at my favorite meal of the day. Where is the deprivation exactly????
    Exactly what I think when I eat my 3 extra-large eggs scrambled and cooked in butter with 2 slices of bacon. I freaking LOVE eggs. Eggs and bacon (or sausage) is like BEST.BREAKFAST.EVER to me!

Even better is when I have time to add extra ingredients to my scramble. One day I sauteed some sliced baby bellas in butter, and added them to my eggs with an ounce of Havarti and crumbled bacon. OMG YUM! I was coming off a 14 hour fast and man, that just hit the spot. Not getting the deprivation angle when I can eat good food like that.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Exactly what I think when I eat my 3 extra-large eggs scrambled and cooked in butter with 2 slices of bacon. I freaking LOVE eggs. Eggs and bacon (or sausage) is like BEST.BREAKFAST.EVER to me!

Even better is when I have time to add extra ingredients to my scramble. One day I sauteed some sliced baby bellas in butter, and added them to my eggs with an ounce of Havarti and crumbled bacon. OMG YUM! I was coming off a 14 hour fast and man, that just hit the spot. Not getting the deprivation angle when I can eat good food like that.
    yum... guess what's for dinner tonight!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Ok, now I'm curious about Starbuck's again because every time I have asked for cream in my coffee I get either soymilk or skim milk or some kind of fake sugary thing. Do they really have heavy cream? Do they keep it in a safe in the back or something and you have to know a secret password to get to it? What's the secret password?
    They have to carry it; it's how they make their whipped cream in the silver canisters. You do have to specify it as 'heavy cream' though, cream by default would be Half & half.

Why they'd put anything else but H&H when asking for cream is weird though, they should be asking :/

(speaking as a former starbucks shift manager! :P )

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I have a friend who has suffered digestively for decades of her young life- undergoing test after test and having part of her colon removed in high school. She was gluten free for a long time, but relied heavily on corn and rice and her latest ridiculously invasive test and doctor of the day says not to worry about avoiding anything but cows milk! What the?? So she asked for opinions on alternatives to milk for her cereal and I lightly quipped that I quit eating cereal altogether- problem solved.... actually lots of problems solved. Her comment: "But I'd have to eat a ton of fruits and veggies to get the vitamins that are in one bowl of cereal!"
    GAH!!
    *facepalm*
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    My first CW moment:
    In the gym the other day 3 young girls were doing endless ab machine exercises, the conversation was something like this:
    Blonde A: Yeah, I'm eating a lot of carbs trying to lose these last few pounds. Ya know, the whole high carb, low fat thing. But the good carbs, ya know, all whole grains.
    Dyed Blonde B: I'm doing that too and cutting back on my sugar by eating a ton of fruit.
    Extra Dyed Blonde C: Yeah, but fruit has a lot of sugar doesn't it?
    B: But it's the good sugar.
    Oh god.. it... it hurts me! It hurts me!! ;__;

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    read the heavy cream at Starbucks before you order it...nasty nasty shit people
    What? Mine uses a gallon size of heavy whipping cream of the local large dairy manufacturer.

If your cream tastes sweet, then they used whippED cream and misunderstood you. So just ask them to make another. Once I had to send back my coffee twice to the barista because the first time around they used whipped cream, and the second time they dumped as much cream as there was espresso in my drink. Erm, no I don't want to drink straight cream mildly flavored with espresso =/

Carmiel is offline Junior Member
    My daughter is a junk food vegetarian and has steadily gained weight over the last couple of years; she could now be classified as obese. She absolutely refuses to discuss any food/weight related issues with me so I usually don’t even try however she has gained so much weight that I am really concerned for her health and I so badly want to tell her what I have learned about Primal eating. She is a very responsible person; works full time, goes to school full time and does volunteer work on the weekends. She has pretty much supported herself since she was 18 with a little help from mom. She is a smart kid for the most part.

Anyhow this morning she opened the door a bit by telling me she was being a “bad” vegetarian because she was craving crab legs. I tried to take the opportunity to talk to her about all of my new revelations about nutrition and primal eating in particular (I am an ex-vegetarian) It is obvious that I have lost a lot of weight over the past six months (40 pounds) and I did that by making huge changes in my diet however, she has not once acknowledged it or asked me about it. Anyhow, I just ordered the 21 Day Primal Blueprint for my husband and told her that it would be a good book for her to check out and that I would be happy to let her read it, that I would love to talk to her about everything I have found out about nutrition. During the same conversation I also expressed my concern about diabetes running in the family. Her response, “I go to the doctor and have my blood checked, I talk to my doctor and I think he knows what is best for me, not you.” (sigh)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^Sounds like either your presentation came across as pushy or she is still in child-mode (when it comes to you), where everything you say is subject to becoming authoritative, patronizing, and overbearing. Fun! I don't talk to my parents about primal/paleo because I feel intimidated when my dad looks at me with this smile on his face and tells me animal fats are what cause heart disease. It's sad-making.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Erm, no I don't want to drink straight cream mildly flavored with espresso =/
    I do!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Carmiel is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^Sounds like either your presentation came across as pushy or she is still in child-mode (when it comes to you), where everything you say is subject to becoming authoritative, patronizing, and overbearing. Fun! I don't talk to my parents about primal/paleo because I feel intimidated when my dad looks at me with this smile on his face and tells me animal fats are what cause heart disease. It's sad-making.
    It's definitely the child-mode thing. Until now I had not discussed the subject of food/weight with her for over a year, I learned my lesson the last time it came up. We were in the car when she informed me that she was going back to Weight Watchers and I made the statement that I thought there were better ways of losing weight than WW...big mistake. She proceeded to scream at me for about 30 minutes about everything that had ever happened to her in her entire life and how it was all my fault (I was trapped in the car with her) and then didn't talk to me for a couple months. This is the first time since then that I have gone near the subject. It is obviously a very touchy one for her and she is definitely in denial about what is happening with her and the thing is, I know she isn't happy even though she would say otherwise. It is her life and I guess if she thinks her doctor knows what is best for her then who am I to try to convince her otherwise??? It's so hard not to worry when it's your kid.