Page 392 of 873 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 8721

Thread: Funny CW moments page 392

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think this falls into a funny CW moment:

Tonight as I was hit with a sugar craving, I decided I would make myself hot chocolate. My you my family is the unhealthy CW type. The HWC was tossed out by family and the canned coconut milk spoiled because someone took the lid off. I look inside my pantry to find my raw cacao powder, and can't seem to find it. Then I decide I just need something sweet.

I'm walking feverishly, fridge-cabinet-fridge-cabinet, finding nothing. I settled, after much debate, on fat free milk and a regular sugar-laden cocoa packet. An act of desperation.

I hate fat free milk with a passion, but I spotted a spray can of whip cream and decided I would mix it in. It's all to hell now. Just give me that whip cream so I don't feel like killing myself. The can WOULDN'T spray.

Flash forward five minutes to me with an industrial pair of scissors cutting open the nozzle and ripping it off while gripping the can tightly in between my legs (both hands on the scissors).

I finally wrestle the nozzle off and sipping the hot chocolate. Hoping this sugar craving goes away.

Never again.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Talk about Murphy's Law, at every possible turn!
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I'd have taken that as a sign that I wasn't supposed to be having that sweet fix, the universe was trying to help you!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

I've been looking at getting a few chickens and was asking someone what they generally eat. I was told bread and tablescraps as well as pellets or whatever.

When I said I don't eat bread and never have table scraps because I eat all my food I was informed that I am taking things to the 'extreme'.

This came from the same person who told me I'm not enjoying life when I refused a slice of apple and cinnamon cake, and asked me if I really enjoy the food I do eat?

Give me strength.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

Oh and another, friend was round for coffee at my house last night telling me he had stopped by McDonalds earlier in the day. Naturally I mocked him a little for eating that crap and was told that 'the damage to my body is already done, there's no point in changing my lifestyle now'. He's only in his late 30's!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I can't find the original quote that someone had called Jennifer Lawerence fat somewhere. I just saw the movie last night. Ok, so I was expecting a little more muscle- particularly since she's an archer- but that's just me being picky. A derrier like hers doesn't show up unless you have some flesh on your bones. And, frankly, if a stick-figure had slammed Peta up against the wall and yelled at him it wouldn't have been believeable.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Primal Bob is offline Member
    I was outright mocked by a 275 lb fat guy in a conversation about food when I said 'I don't eat much food that wasn't around 100 years ago' and followed up with "I eat mostly meat and vegetables."

The guy just scoffed and said "That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Are you not going to eat a hamburger or chicken wings again?" I'm usually nice to overweight people because I am one and I used to be right in the thick of them (pun!), but I just sighed and said "I don't think you're one to talk about food choices."

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I get frustrated whenever people think I'm depriving myself. NO I'M NOT My food tastes delicious the way it is.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^Exactly!

My boyfriend described paleo to someone on the internet (voice chat) last night as "basically no carbs, and no grains whatsoever". Uh. Not really. I really don't want him explaining things on my behalf when he gets it so wrong! The only reason I've done low carb is because I have a yeast overgrowth to starve.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jesbelle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaserBD04 View Post
    Been to Starbucks a lot lately and ordering a tall Americano w/ heavy cream next to little chubbies getting their "skinny" lattes extra vanilla yadda yadda... Today, the Sbux lady (who knows me now) mentions to her friend, "Have you noticed, we've actually been getting a lot no syrup heavy cream orders lately..." Right on.
    Does Starbucks really have heavy cream?? I always ask for whole milk in my coffee drinks because I assumed if I asked for cream, it would be nonfat.
    "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez