Page 390 of 871 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 390

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I got two new ones:

Yesterday I was out to dinner when I overheard some conversation at the table behind me. The waitress had come around and taken drink orders. A young woman ordered a diet coke and an older man ordered a regular coke. After the waitress left, the older man proudly told the table that he had read that diet coke was more fattening than regular coke, because of "the chemicals," which is why he only orders regular soda now. I had to bite my tongue to keep from turning around and saying, A) didnt he think that regular soda was full of bizarre chemicals as well?? and 2) why not just skip the soda altogether!!?

My second story: last night I had my first cw DREAM. I dreamt that I was having a doctors checkup and the nurse was going over blood test results with me. She looked shocked at the numbers, said that they must have done something wrong. i said why, she said that my cholesterol was way too low for it to have been done non-fasting, was I sure it wasnt a fasting test? i said no, I had just eaten lunch right before. I asked if it was the HDL or the LDL that was low, cause I hoped it wasnt the HDL. She waved my question away and said that the difference between them didnt matter.

I need to spend less time on this thread, sweartogod...
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tstein13 View Post
    Just had a CW gem to report. I was pulling out a grass-fed beef patty out of the refrigerator at work when a coworker of mine decided to comment.

Co-Worker: What's that? It looks like a brown mass.
    Me: A grass-fed hamburger.
    Co-Worker: How do you know it's grass-fed?
    Me: Because I bought the meat from a farmer.
    Co-Worker: Yeah, but what did they do to the grass?
    Me: Probably nothing.
    Co-Worker: You can never know. *Pulls out lunchbox full of Nutrisystem food*
    Me: *Rolls Eyes*

He knows how I eat. I know how he eats. I don't sit there and bash the overpriced, overprocessed shit that he buys from a damn catalog. Even if I did, he wouldn't listen. People are ridiculous. The longer I live on this earth, the more I realize how irrational and illogical most people are. And unfortunately, I have a lot more living to do, so I will continue to encounter more and more irrational and illogical people. Good thing MDA exists.
    And I wonder I intrinsically laugh, when I see the commercials.. Was it the nutrisystem, or the other stuff around it. .?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I got two new ones:

Yesterday I was out to dinner when I overheard some conversation at the table behind me. The waitress had come around and taken drink orders. A young woman ordered a diet coke and an older man ordered a regular coke. After the waitress left, the older man proudly told the table that he had read that diet coke was more fattening than regular coke, because of "the chemicals," which is why he only orders regular soda now. I had to bite my tongue to keep from turning around and saying, A) didnt he think that regular soda was full of bizarre chemicals as well?? and 2) why not just skip the soda altogether!!?

My second story: last night I had my first cw DREAM. I dreamt that I was having a doctors checkup and the nurse was going over blood test results with me. She looked shocked at the numbers, said that they must have done something wrong. i said why, she said that my cholesterol was way too low for it to have been done non-fasting, was I sure it wasnt a fasting test? i said no, I had just eaten lunch right before. I asked if it was the HDL or the LDL that was low, cause I hoped it wasnt the HDL. She waved my question away and said that the difference between them didnt matter.

I need to spend less time on this thread, sweartogod...
    Just reminds me of my friends telling me of the evils of high fructose corn syrup; and I see them down Heinz ketchup, or Ken's Steak Marinade (which also have it).

I just feel for them, because one of them is Type 1 Diabetic, and talks about in times of going low, and decides to bring candy, or sugar-based soda. I might as well advise him to bring rice, or a sweet potato, instead; or, a handful of them. But, alas, it's their lives, not mine.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    I'm at the point where I ask myself why I give a shit about someone who doesn't give a shit about themselves. I actually dread the topic of food coming up when I'm with a friend or someone other than my hubby. So tired of it.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tstein13 View Post
    Just had a CW gem to report. I was pulling out a grass-fed beef patty out of the refrigerator at work when a coworker of mine decided to comment.

Co-Worker: What's that? It looks like a brown mass.
    Me: A grass-fed hamburger.
    Co-Worker: How do you know it's grass-fed?
    Me: Because I bought the meat from a farmer.
    Co-Worker: Yeah, but what did they do to the grass?
    Me: Probably nothing.
    Co-Worker: You can never know. *Pulls out lunchbox full of Nutrisystem food*
    Me: *Rolls Eyes*

He knows how I eat. I know how he eats. I don't sit there and bash the overpriced, overprocessed shit that he buys from a damn catalog. Even if I did, he wouldn't listen. People are ridiculous. The longer I live on this earth, the more I realize how irrational and illogical most people are. And unfortunately, I have a lot more living to do, so I will continue to encounter more and more irrational and illogical people. Good thing MDA exists.
    Even IF your hamburger was not grassfed..it STILL would have been better, healthier whatever than his NS crap.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

My first CW moment:
    In the gym the other day 3 young girls were doing endless ab machine exercises, the conversation was something like this:
    Blonde A: Yeah, I'm eating a lot of carbs trying to lose these last few pounds. Ya know, the whole high carb, low fat thing. But the good carbs, ya know, all whole grains.
    Dyed Blonde B: I'm doing that too and cutting back on my sugar by eating a ton of fruit.
    Extra Dyed Blonde C: Yeah, but fruit has a lot of sugar doesn't it?
    B: But it's the good sugar.

CW + teen peer pressure + hearing about people calling Jennifer Lawrence "too fat" to play Katniss Everdeen = depression, lack of self confidence, anorexia, etc, etc, etc.

Ab machines... I don't miss them.. I was all over wheat, and whole grain; eating egg whites (now, I'll ask my dad to do the reverse, when I see my mother, and him); cutting my fat.. But, since transitioning, I've seen more definition, than I've ever attempted to reveal following the old ways of doing things..

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    My first CW moment:
    In the gym the other day 3 young girls were doing endless ab machine exercises, the conversation was something like this:
    Blonde A: Yeah, I'm eating a lot of carbs trying to lose these last few pounds. Ya know, the whole high carb, low fat thing. But the good carbs, ya know, all whole grains.
    Dyed Blonde B: I'm doing that too and cutting back on my sugar by eating a ton of fruit.
    Extra Dyed Blonde C: Yeah, but fruit has a lot of sugar doesn't it?
    B: But it's the good sugar.
    The bimbos in my college lectures also cluck together and say the same sort of thing. "Its whole grain, so it's so much better for me."

I tried briefly explaining that it's probably worse for you.. and it's as if the earth is still flat.

The biggest clucker always chimes in when I'm bragging, often saying "My mom gave up red meat when she was preggo with me in the 80s and she was so much healthier because of it." I already don't like her because she's a close-minded racist hilbilly, but that's for another thread.
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    Jennifer Lawrence is AMAZING by the way.

The only semi-famous actor I know that eats primally is Ryan kwanten who plays Jason Stackhouse in True Blood.. SOOOO ripped and delish...
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

itsybitsy is offline Member
    Gal in the chair next to me at the hairdresser's:

"Yes, thanks, I'l have a double caramel macchiato with 3 sugars, not the fake stuff... I really still need to lose 5 lbs."