Page 389 of 880 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 389

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Oh, we're out here, but we are still few and far between

New CW rant: so my roommates (whom ive ranted over here many times) always get fat free milk, and usually a giant gallon jug of it. Yesterday, I was moving stuff around in the fridge so I would have room to put a tub of defrosted chicken stock and a pyrex container full of pork and squash stew I had just made, when i realized the label on their big jug of milk was slightly different; there were like fancy, scroll-y letters on it. I looked closer, and saw that this was still milk from the local dairy corp, and it was still fat free, but this jug was advertised as being special new "creamy" fat-free milk. With growing suspicion, I turned the bottle around and read the ingredient label.

Im sure you can guess what I found: a lot of weird fillers and thickeners, and the piece-de-resistance...SUGAR! Yep, fat free milk with added sugar. To the dairy corps credit, they have little asterisks next to all the additives in the milk, with a subscript identifying that these additives arent found in normal milk. But I guarantee that my roommates sure didnt look at that part of the label, and im sure they wouldnt care even if they did.
    I often ask, now, at what cost? I understand how prevalent certain movements are becoming, but it has gotten to a point where mass distributors are cashing in on them, at their collective expenses. That's why, as much as I like a gluten-free treat, I'm trying to make a point not to make it a staple of mine, and opt for more natural gluten-free sources: Rice, sweet potato, to name a couple.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    There's an article today in the last section of the WSJ about how Quaker made their mascot skinnier... since oatmeal is healthy and all.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I tried to put a quote here and it wouldn't let me.

In regards to using cornstarch as a thickener, I have been using arrowroot flour quite successfully in that instance. Corn in any form messes with my sinuses and the arrowroot works great!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I tried to put a quote here and it wouldn't let me.

In regards to using cornstarch as a thickener, I have been using arrowroot flour quite successfully in that instance. Corn in any form messes with my sinuses and the arrowroot works great!
    Is arrowroot flour the same as the arrowroot we see on the store shelves?

If the arrowroot is in a powdered form, then yes.

If the arrowroot is in a powdered form, then yes.
    Thanks. About how much do you use for gravy? Is it about equivalent to regular flour?

I use the same amount as I would of flour. Once in a while I might have to add a little more.

I use the same amount as I would of flour. Once in a while I might have to add a little more.
    Thanks, again.

tstein13 is offline Junior Member
    Just had a CW gem to report. I was pulling out a grass-fed beef patty out of the refrigerator at work when a coworker of mine decided to comment.

Co-Worker: What's that? It looks like a brown mass.
    Me: A grass-fed hamburger.
    Co-Worker: How do you know it's grass-fed?
    Me: Because I bought the meat from a farmer.
    Co-Worker: Yeah, but what did they do to the grass?
    Me: Probably nothing.
    Co-Worker: You can never know. *Pulls out lunchbox full of Nutrisystem food*
    Me: *Rolls Eyes*

He knows how I eat. I know how he eats. I don't sit there and bash the overpriced, overprocessed shit that he buys from a damn catalog. Even if I did, he wouldn't listen. People are ridiculous. The longer I live on this earth, the more I realize how irrational and illogical most people are. And unfortunately, I have a lot more living to do, so I will continue to encounter more and more irrational and illogical people. Good thing MDA exists.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I wish I had more CW moments, I'm so secretive though, a loner really, and never really think anyone cares about what I eat. But last year I argued on a mainstream forum with people endlessly about primal stuff and......... well........ whatever.