Page 385 of 841 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 8406

Thread: Funny CW moments page 385

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    Cow corn!!!???

Yeah- as opposed to sweet corn. You know- the stuff they feed the cows to make them fat . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    "cow corn" is what city people call field corn.
    Field corn is what the majority of farmers grow.
    It's what is used to make corn starch, corn flakes, corn oil...oh, yeah, and some of it is fed to cows

Frozen Corn | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Why can't I post the image directly?????????
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-27-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: stupid Flickr
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwarehank View Post
    Smart girl. Shame she'll have to go to school soon, hope they don't destroy her mind and body.
    Speaking of which, I work at corporation that is hired by states to produce standardized testing. Here is a part of a passage that is going to be on a reading test for 10th graders.
    "Dieting is not the answer.

Many teens turn to unhealthy dieting methods to lose weight, including eating very little, cutting out whole groups of foods (like grain products), skipping meals, and fasting. These methods can leave out important foods you need to grow.

In fact, unhealthy dieting can actually cause you to gain more weight because it often leads to a cycle of eating very little, then overeating or binge eating. Also, unhealthy dieting can put you at greater risk for growth and emotional problems."

And then after saying you should eat veggies and fruit and low fat dairy heres the kicker:

"Go whole grain.

Grain foods help give you energy. Whole-grain foods like whole-wheat bread, brown rice, and oatmeal usually have more nutrients than refined grain products. They give you a feeling of fullness and add bulk to your diet.

Try to get 6 servings of grains every day, with at least 3 servings from whole-grain sources."

Then a lovely table with how much of what whole grain shite you should be eating.....
    I wish i could just delete this.....
    But at least the bit at the top about some kids cutting out grains (Y U NO EAT GRAIN???) gives me hope for some kids out there. If they don't get in trouble for having an eating disorder that is.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    "Go whole grain.

Grain foods help keep you tired. Whole-grain foods like whole-wheat bread, brown rice, and oatmeal usually have more anti-nutrients than refined grain products. They give you a feeling of emptiness and add useless bulk to your diet. "
    Fixed!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh to be the final proofreader for that one...change it right before it goes to print. LOL

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    Ahhh to be the final proofreader for that one...change it right before it goes to print. LOL
    I would straight up LOVE THAT JOB. I'm almost positive no one would notice. No one ever really reads the things after they're written and go through fact check....

Corrupt young minds while working for the man???

sign me up.

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maureen m View Post
    correct young minds while working for the man???
    ftfy
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    The hospital that I work for has a program where you go to a website and take a biometric health screening and sign up to read nutrition seminars and whatnot, if you do this you earn points, earn all your points and you get money off you health insurance premiums. Well, I earned all my points (cause as long as you fill it out you do) but I was a little irked that my nutrition score indicated I had a risk of heart disease and stroke because I don't eat any whole grains!!
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Not sure how CW this is, but I've spent the last hour arguing with someone who said that taking supliments is just as healthy as getting nutrients from food. They also said that a type 1 diabetic who is taking insulin has no illness, because it's being treated.
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifith View Post
    Not sure how CW this is, but I've spent the last hour arguing with someone who said that taking supliments is just as healthy as getting nutrients from food.
    Well, to be fair, as a fat guy who has tried a bunch of WOE/diets etc I had never seen so many suppliments being touted as when I joined MDA. Check out some posts and the person's list of suppliments is longer than their food log. As such it seems to be neither funny nor CW.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony