Page 379 of 838 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 8371

Thread: Funny CW moments page 379

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    On a related note, my first word was "eat," closely followed by "go" and "mama." Apparently, my first phrase was "Go eat, Mama?" because I was hungry.
    My CW moment: A friend and I cook together every Friday night as a means to veg and hang out. He knows I tend not to think of it when CW dictates a meal should have bread with it, and uses it as an opportunity to cut back on the crap himself. We had a third person over a couple Fridays ago, and we made a thoroughly primal meal of beet raviolis topped with alfredo sauce with a side of sauteed beet greens. I hand him his plate and tell him to dig in. "Where're the raviolis?"
    "You're looking at 'em."
    "No pasta?"
    "Nope."
    "Oh. Huh. Should I go grab some French bread so we have carbs?"
    "You'd be the only one eating it and your food'd get cold, but go ahead."
    "Oh." he shrugs and digs in.
    oooo beet raviolis?? Are they hard to make? I am such a lazy cook. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I just got an email from my company. Apparently someone in the building--who I am not familiar with--has been out for an extended period because of illness. Not sure what the illness is, but I do hope the best for him and his family. Anyway, this email says that management wants to do a little local fundraiser to help him and his family out. Great, I am all about community support! But what are they doing for a fundraiser? Yeah, you guessed it. Bake sale.

Not QUITE as ironic as selling candy to support diabetes research, but it still saddens me. :/
    Wow.. my school just puts an envelope in the office for folks to drop cash in. Kinda cold, but more primal than a bake sale. you could make some primal yummies though!! How is that for looking on a brighter side?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    oooo beet raviolis?? Are they hard to make? I am such a lazy cook. LOL
    Not if you have really good knife skills or a mandolin. I put a recipe for it up in my journal.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

On a motorcycle ride last weekend:

Friend: "If I don't have some bread I'm going to die".

later on during the meal as I eat my Carne Asada

Friend: "I'm so tired" (it's 12:30PM, she slept till 10AM).

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarefootPuffin View Post
    He then proceeds to tell me that he got me a cake donut, as opposed to a traditional donut, because it would have less fat in it??? While I appreciate the effort, I still wanted to beat my head on the desk...repeatedly...then file worker's comp.
    I hear ya.

My boyfriend's son had a BBQ last week. He's really wonderful and even knows I can't have celery salt. There was a vegetarian there too, so they told me they got extra Boca Burgers especially for me since they knew I eat "different".

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the regular burger patties.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

doghug is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I just got an email from my company. Apparently someone in the building--who I am not familiar with--has been out for an extended period because of illness. Not sure what the illness is, but I do hope the best for him and his family. Anyway, this email says that management wants to do a little local fundraiser to help him and his family out. Great, I am all about community support! But what are they doing for a fundraiser? Yeah, you guessed it. Bake sale.

Not QUITE as ironic as selling candy to support diabetes research, but it still saddens me. :/
    this is sad
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    My first word was "Cookie."
    my first word was "shit" /bragging

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I always thought that half the fun of cherries was spitting out the pits. Like watermelons. Or is that a country thing . . .
    You get to practice aiming at people. Um, I mean... targets! Like, um, ANTS! Yeah, ants. Tiny little moving spots on the ground that bug you.

Darbyfett is offline Member
    For cherries and olives, I pop the while thing in my mouth and just eat around the pit. I should get some, I quit dipping and miss spitting, as gross as that sounds.

My first word was "mean", my parents believe it was my way of saying "You know what I mean Vern". I was a huge Ernest fan.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I had to look online to see how to eat them (what with the pit and all).
    I'm sorry but how could you possibly not think to simply eat around the pit? It didn't take me long to figure out that I could separate the flesh from the inedible bits with my tongue...
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.