Page 378 of 872 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 8720

Thread: Funny CW moments page 378

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    On a related note, my first word was "eat," closely followed by "go" and "mama." Apparently, my first phrase was "Go eat, Mama?" because I was hungry.
    My CW moment: A friend and I cook together every Friday night as a means to veg and hang out. He knows I tend not to think of it when CW dictates a meal should have bread with it, and uses it as an opportunity to cut back on the crap himself. We had a third person over a couple Fridays ago, and we made a thoroughly primal meal of beet raviolis topped with alfredo sauce with a side of sauteed beet greens. I hand him his plate and tell him to dig in. "Where're the raviolis?"
    "You're looking at 'em."
    "No pasta?"
    "Nope."
    "Oh. Huh. Should I go grab some French bread so we have carbs?"
    "You'd be the only one eating it and your food'd get cold, but go ahead."
    "Oh." he shrugs and digs in.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

<archer> is offline Junior Member
    My little brother's first word was "Pepsi." How's that for CW?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I am learning to keep my mouth shut.

My aunt is mostly vegetarian now and subscribes fully to SAD health standards. I saw a carton of organic egg whites in her fridge while visiting last week. Apparently she got a full check-up after my dad's heart attack last Fall and is also on statins (though a lower dose than him).

My dad is on statins and is slowly losing weight (which he wants/needs to), but keeps commenting on how he hasn't been running because he's been tired lately. MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE MOSTLY VEGETARIAN AND EAT TOO MANY GRAINS AND ARE ON STATINS. But I say nothing. If he wants to believe the doctors, that's his choice.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My CW moment:

My office staff knows that I don't eat grains/gluten or any other toxin/processed crap. Today our big boss brings in donuts. I politley decline. He then proceeds to tell me that he got me a cake donut, as opposed to a traditional donut, because it would have less fat in it??? While I appreciate the effort, I still wanted to beat my head on the desk...repeatedly...then file worker's comp.
    Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I used to be that little girl. I seriously never ate cherries (aside from the maraschino cherries in fruit cups, which I mostly avoided) until like a year or two ago. I had to look online to see how to eat them (what with the pit and all)..
    Protip: cherry-pitters are actually an amazing investment. Some people balk at them because theyre a unitasker (although ive been told they work for olives as well), but most of them work really well and it totally opens up what you can do with cherries. I decided to get one after friends of mine made a fresh fruit salad with fresh, pitted cherries in it. Even if all you do is eat the cherries as a snack, its so much easier to get the pit out at once, rather than have to gnaw on the cherry like a squirrel and get juice all over your hands.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

ELizabeth826 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by <archer> View Post
    My little brother's first word was "Pepsi." How's that for CW?
    My first word was "Cookie."
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Protip: cherry-pitters are actually an amazing investment. Some people balk at them because theyre a unitasker (although ive been told they work for olives as well), but most of them work really well and it totally opens up what you can do with cherries. I decided to get one after friends of mine made a fresh fruit salad with fresh, pitted cherries in it. Even if all you do is eat the cherries as a snack, its so much easier to get the pit out at once, rather than have to gnaw on the cherry like a squirrel and get juice all over your hands.
    Unfortunately, I like cherries so much that I think I would pit and eat the entire bag by the handful. It's a pain to eat em with the pits in, but at least it forces me to go slow.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I just got an email from my company. Apparently someone in the building--who I am not familiar with--has been out for an extended period because of illness. Not sure what the illness is, but I do hope the best for him and his family. Anyway, this email says that management wants to do a little local fundraiser to help him and his family out. Great, I am all about community support! But what are they doing for a fundraiser? Yeah, you guessed it. Bake sale.

Not QUITE as ironic as selling candy to support diabetes research, but it still saddens me. :/
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I just pit them by smashing them with the side of the knife, like garlic, or by using my thumb as a pitter.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Unfortunately, I like cherries so much that I think I would pit and eat the entire bag by the handful. It's a pain to eat em with the pits in, but at least it forces me to go slow.
    I always thought that half the fun of cherries was spitting out the pits. Like watermelons. Or is that a country thing . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula