Page 377 of 880 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477877 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 377

  1. #3761
    Corvidae's Avatar
    Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    723
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    so question.. do ya'll juice it yourself or what?
    not cranberry juice, I get that at the store. Make sure you're getting plain, unsweetened juice (its usually in a glass bottle). I juice the lemons and limes though, it tastes so much better than the stuff in bottles. I recommend getting them from Mexican or Asian grocery stores, so much cheaper.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

  2. #3762
    Gravyboat's Avatar
    Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,204
    I can't STAND cranberry juice. Ughhh *shivers horribly*

    But, when I'm putting lemon juice on my hair in the shower, I always lick the measuring spoon. Mmmm.

    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

  3. #3763
    ELizabeth826's Avatar
    ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Not really funny, but a really huge "ARGHGGHHDGHSDGJKSDFJKFJLJK" moment. Like I don't even see CW seeing this as healthy.

    Was at the gym in the stretching area. Saw this rail thin Chinese girl signing up for membership and possibly training sessions. She looked at least 5'7" or 5'8" sitting down. Overheard the trainer signing her up say, "Oh you're 129lbs and want to lose 10lbs? Let's set your goal weight at 119lbs then." NO. nononononono
    Ugh, god this stuff is such a pet peeve of mine. At 5'5'' and 135 pounds I'm a whale and I must need to lose 25 pounds! Ultra skinny media ideals warping everyone's (mine included) ideas of how skinny they need to be. And then people call Kate Upton fat, she's a freaking swimsuit model with a 25 inch waist. Having big boobs does not make her "fat".

    /rant
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

  4. #3764
    Corvidae's Avatar
    Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    723
    I just started seeing this ad on Hulu for a new "deal" at Pizza Hut. They're calling it the $10 Dinner Box. It includes a medium pizza, cheezy breadsticks, and cinnamon-sugar breadsticks with icing.

    So....A large crappy bread, with a side of crappy bread, and sugary crappy bread for dessert.

    Even when I was on a SAD diet, I wouldnt have considered that "dinner," by ANY stretch of the imagination. Even when I was in grad school!

    I couldnt find a link to the official commercial, but i found a video "review" of the product on youtube, which is even worse cause it shows it in all its greasy, sad, SAD glory:

    Pizza Hut $10 Dinner Box Deal - 2012 - YouTube
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

  5. #3765
    JennaRose's Avatar
    JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I just started seeing this ad on Hulu for a new "deal" at Pizza Hut. They're calling it the $10 Dinner Box. It includes a medium pizza, cheezy breadsticks, and cinnamon-sugar breadsticks with icing.

    So....A large crappy bread, with a side of crappy bread, and sugary crappy bread for dessert.

    Even when I was on a SAD diet, I wouldnt have considered that "dinner," by ANY stretch of the imagination. Even when I was in grad school!

    I couldnt find a link to the official commercial, but i found a video "review" of the product on youtube, which is even worse cause it shows it in all its greasy, sad, SAD glory:

    Pizza Hut $10 Dinner Box Deal - 2012 - YouTube
    ive gotten this. was very disappointed it didnt come all in one box plus, it was crappy, but that's just Pizza Hut

  6. #3766
    abbyful's Avatar
    abbyful is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    66
    The little girl next door, I think she's 8 years old, likes to come into our backyard and play with our dogs. My husband and I were snacking on a bowl of cherries. She asked us what they were, we said "cherries". She then proceeded to try to tell us they weren't REAL cherries. I asked her a few questions to see what she meant, turns out the only cherries she's ever had or seen are the maraschino cherries in her drinks from Sonic Drive-In.

    My 10 year old cousin is even worse. This kid is already obese, and it's entirely because of his parents. When they were visiting last summer, he couldn't find the turkey on the stove. He had no idea what real cut-up turkey looked like. (This is the same kid that, on Thanksgiving when he didn't like anything my mom had cooked for the family dinner, his mom told him to go get an orange out of the car. Turns out in their household, "an orange" is a can of orange flavored soda!)

  7. #3767
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyful View Post
    The little girl next door, I think she's 8 years old, likes to come into our backyard and play with our dogs. My husband and I were snacking on a bowl of cherries. She asked us what they were, we said "cherries". She then proceeded to try to tell us they weren't REAL cherries. I asked her a few questions to see what she meant, turns out the only cherries she's ever had or seen are the maraschino cherries in her drinks from Sonic Drive-In.

    My 10 year old cousin is even worse. This kid is already obese, and it's entirely because of his parents. When they were visiting last summer, he couldn't find the turkey on the stove. He had no idea what real cut-up turkey looked like. (This is the same kid that, on Thanksgiving when he didn't like anything my mom had cooked for the family dinner, his mom told him to go get an orange out of the car. Turns out in their household, "an orange" is a can of orange flavored soda!)
    oh so wrong on so many levels.. how utterly sad.. not just SAD but sad..
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  8. #3768
    Gravyboat's Avatar
    Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyful View Post
    The little girl next door, I think she's 8 years old, likes to come into our backyard and play with our dogs. My husband and I were snacking on a bowl of cherries. She asked us what they were, we said "cherries". She then proceeded to try to tell us they weren't REAL cherries. I asked her a few questions to see what she meant, turns out the only cherries she's ever had or seen are the maraschino cherries in her drinks from Sonic Drive-In.
    I used to be that little girl. I seriously never ate cherries (aside from the maraschino cherries in fruit cups, which I mostly avoided) until like a year or two ago. I had to look online to see how to eat them (what with the pit and all).. I'd never had most fruits/vegetables (eg: plums, cucumber, squash, raspberries, cherries, oranges, mango, whole peaches, etc) until I moved out of my mom's house at 22. And the vegetables I was given as a child were all canned mush. My mom was a terrible cook and didn't bother exposing me to different things. Honestly, she didn't really give a shit.

    The point is that there may yet be hope for her! I'm here and eating primal and she might end up here someday too. I hope so.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 03-19-2012 at 08:34 PM.

    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

  9. #3769
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    My mom (who tends to be a bit paranoid and is happiest when she's worried) was having dinner out with us when my kids were little. She was freaking out because they put a cherry in my youngest's drink. "Grab that! It could have a pit in it and he could choke!"

    Seriously, they never have pits in bar cherries.

    Except this one time.

    I hate it when paranoid people are right.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  10. #3770
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    My mom (who tends to be a bit paranoid and is happiest when she's worried) was having dinner out with us when my kids were little. She was freaking out because they put a cherry in my youngest's drink. "Grab that! It could have a pit in it and he could choke!"

    Seriously, they never have pits in bar cherries.

    Except this one time.

    I hate it when paranoid people are right.
    my daughter's first word was: mama
    my daughter's first phrase/2nd word: choking hazard (thanks to grandma) lol
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •