Page 37 of 888 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137537 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 37

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Come Dine With Me - a show loved for the snarky commentary. Basic premise - 5 people, each weeknight one of them hosts a dinner party and is scored by the others; winner announced after the last meal.
    Of course they put people together who will be "interesting".
    I'm watching a repeat, and a slightly militant vegan lady ("I want to go out with every meat eating man and convert them") also compares hanging some lamb for 10 days (yummy!!) to discussing chopping off your own arm and eating it. Was it wrong to think about the film 127 Hours at that point??

(Oh Lordy, she has the Vegan Society logo tattooed on her back)

(Oh no no noooooooo, vegan bacon - made of vegetable oil and soya!)
    Last edited by NorthernMonkeyGirl; 01-16-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: it just keeps getting worse!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    I was browsing a similar thread on a gluten-free site, and I was kind of shocked (then again, not really) at how many people do not know that white bread/white flour is made from wheat. I have to wonder just what they DO think it's made of?
    "I don't know, but it's not wheat."

Direct quote from a restaurant owner. Yeah, celiacs don't eat there.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angorarabbit View Post
    Regarding a trip to France NEXT summer and my past pastry obsession...

DH: you know honey, since you've given up bread what are you going to do when we go to France? you won't be able to any croissants!

Me: are you kidding? if I make it to france I'm eating my way through every patisserie I can find. I'll be horribly miserable and bloated and gassy and pimply and probably drunk but you'll just have to deal with me.

DH: you'll be drunk?

Me: Well since I can only bring one bottle of wine back with me, I'll just have to drink all the wine when I'm there!

DH: So I'll be touring France with my fat, drunk and flatulent wife.

Me: Exactly!

DH: Now THERE'S the wife I married!

10 minutes later...

Me: Are you calling me a fat drunk?
    Just have to LOL at your story! I would love to see his face when you ask him that!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    This week I posted a facebook status update that shared my joy with the world that I needed to go out and buy a new belt because I had run out of holes since dropping 3" off my waist over the past 90 days while eating bacon 4-5 times a week. One friend replied "yeah, but you gave up all the ice cream, cookies, beer etc..., is it worth it" and another one chimed in with "how good is that when you are clogging up your arteries and damaging your health in the process". I let it go at that and deleted my post, I just didn't have the energy to post a rebuttle to such terrible ignorance.
    i like to respond with "She blinded ME! with Science!" and then provide the link.

of course, i think this only works if you are a girl, and your friends are old enough to get the reference.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angorarabbit View Post
    Regarding a trip to France NEXT summer and my past pastry obsession...

DH: you know honey, since you've given up bread what are you going to do when we go to France? you won't be able to any croissants!

Me: are you kidding? if I make it to france I'm eating my way through every patisserie I can find. I'll be horribly miserable and bloated and gassy and pimply and probably drunk but you'll just have to deal with me.

DH: you'll be drunk?

Me: Well since I can only bring one bottle of wine back with me, I'll just have to drink all the wine when I'm there!

DH: So I'll be touring France with my fat, drunk and flatulent wife.

Me: Exactly!

DH: Now THERE'S the wife I married!

10 minutes later...

Me: Are you calling me a fat drunk?

This made me snarf my tea! OMG! Love it!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i like to respond with "She blinded ME! with Science!" and then provide the link.

of course, i think this only works if you are a girl, and your friends are old enough to get the reference.
    haha.

zsadie is offline Senior Member
    What I find interesting is someone could eat and live with modern CW mentality for their whole life and still manage to live their life without any major health problems. How is it that some people just don't develop health problems and others do on the same diet? Eating Primal or what have you doesn't guarantee a completely disease free life. I do believe though that eating as nature intended is the best way to go regarding health and Primal/Paleo makes absolute sense; more sense than anything else I've come across! I had always been seeking some kind of lifestyle diet that I could easily manage. I never fell into the trap of fad diets or diet pills. I wanted to find something natural. I tripped across Primal, and something in my heart and mind went "ding! ding! ding! that's it!!!"

I have a friend who is an Osteopathic doctor and he was really the first person that got me thinking about low carb/high fat-protein diets. This was several years ago, but he'd go into detail about how sugar effects the body and it really got me thinking. Then my Mom found Somersize, and found success with that which I tried, and while Ms. Somer's has sound info on the negative effects of sugar on the body, I had a hard time keeping proteins and fat separate from carb foods. Then I vaguely came across Paleo, read part of The Omnivore's Dilemma, watched "Supersize Me" and "Food, Inc", and I began being more selective with the foods I ate (at least at the grocery store, but I still went to eat fast food on a regular basis, contradictory to what I believed).
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

jesbelle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zsadie View Post
    What I find interesting is someone could eat and live with modern CW mentality for their whole life and still manage to live their life without any major health problems.
    The short and sweet answer: everyone's different. What works for me may be disastrous for you, and vice versa. I think in part because CW is almost as broad a term as paleo. There is some healthy conventional wisdom out there; yes it still includes some grains but not 6-10 servings daily.

In my funny CW note, I've been resisting the urge to preach to my vegetarian friend at work. I don't like it when someone does it to me, so I'm trying not to do it to her, but she is always starving and tired. I want to give her steak and bacon so badly, but it probably wouldn't be well received.

zsadie is offline Senior Member
    jesbelle, I agree everyone's different, and people seem to be always on the lookout for the quickest shortest way to acheive their dreams and the truth is it takes work, it takes trial and error and experimentation to find out what will really work for any one person.
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As a guy who likes to walk around barefoot as much as possible, I still get this question every once in a while, including this morning while at the farmer's market (yes, you read right -- and no, not everything is local) on campus.

"How have you not gotten a foot fungus/infection?"

-_-
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal