Page 369 of 871 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469869 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 8707

Thread: Funny CW moments page 369

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    When I was a kid, they tested me for allergies by seeing if I had a skin reaction to the substance - including foods. So, if you can't eat 'em, you probably shouldn't smear 'em on your face, either.
    In many cases yes, but I also have found that topical reactions differ than internal reactions for some things. For example, I am allergic to aspirin, but I have used skin products with salicylic acid with no problems for years. So its worth a shot.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    In many cases yes, but I also have found that topical reactions differ than internal reactions for some things. For example, I am allergic to aspirin, but I have used skin products with salicylic acid with no problems for years. So its worth a shot.
    One thing I learned from the Paleo Summit was that you really need to differentiate between allergies, sensitivities, and intolerance since "allergy" has a very specific medical definition.

Allergies are specifically IgE immune reactions. Typically skin prick tests this.

Sensitivities are all other immune reactions (IgA, IgG, etc.)

Intolerance is just an inability to break down stuff.

(This was in a presentation about gluten)

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracil View Post
    One thing I learned from the Paleo Summit was that you really need to differentiate between allergies, sensitivities, and intolerance since "allergy" has a very specific medical definition.

Allergies are specifically IgE immune reactions. Typically skin prick tests this.

Sensitivities are all other immune reactions (IgA, IgG, etc.)

Intolerance is just an inability to break down stuff.

(This was in a presentation about gluten)
    Thats a good point!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Coke, Pepsi Change Recipe to Remove Carcinogen - Yahoo!

This made me laugh out loud. There's just so much wrong with all of it. Ooh! We're going to change our chemical-laden, hfcs liquid-diabetes-maker to avoid a cancer warning label. My favorite part is where the reporter says, "... there are a lot of people out there who drink Coke and Pepsi and they are going to be very concerned about their health right now!"
    Gotta give the doc a little credit in the end for denouncing soda in general though.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Coke, Pepsi Change Recipe to Remove Carcinogen - Yahoo!

This made me laugh out loud. There's just so much wrong with all of it. Ooh! We're going to change our chemical-laden, hfcs liquid-diabetes-maker to avoid a cancer warning label. My favorite part is where the reporter says, "... there are a lot of people out there who drink Coke and Pepsi and they are going to be very concerned about their health right now!"
    Gotta give the doc a little credit in the end for denouncing soda in general though.
    It's funny how CW people agree that soda is linked to obesity and diabetes, even though it is fat-free, so they can't blame it on fat. And they admit that if you stop drinking soda you will lose weight! But they don't have a problem with everything else that has sugar in it, or they gloss over the sugar content and blame the fat in any product that has both. Example: raspberry mochas or something similar from Starbucks. I'm pretty sure if you ask someone what's unhealthy about those, they'd say either the fat or the calories. Not the sugar.

*brain explodes*

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    The latest commercial on tv that disturbes me deeply - some kind of flattened, breaded chicken based snack for your toaster. Chicken, that you heat up in your toaster. Wtf.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    The latest commercial on tv that disturbes me deeply - some kind of flattened, breaded chicken based snack for your toaster. Chicken, that you heat up in your toaster. Wtf.
    Can I just say that I am glad I don't eat bread so I don't need to waste counter space with a toaster anymore? Those things are huge.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Can I just say that I am glad I don't eat bread so I don't need to waste counter space with a toaster anymore? Those things are huge.
    Both my toaster and my microwave broke months before going primal... but I now feel no need to replace it. My bread maker however is totally going to waste...
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    A friend told me yesterday that her doctor told her she is diabetic and needs to lose weight. So in the last two months she has worked hard and lost 20 pounds. (Through CW) She's very proud of getting used to the new routine, which includes Healthy Choice (!) frozen dinners. And: "best of all, I can still eat crackers, just low-fat ones! And even m&ms!"
    I asked if her doctor wasn't concerned about her raising her blood sugar with those items, trying not to be pushy, and she said, "Oh, I don't worry about my blood sugar. I just take the pill and I'm fine."
    Right, for the rest of your life. Yikes!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Having lunch with my family. Love 'em all. But the moment they start talking about cutting the fat out of their favorite recipes, I want to shout, "I put butter in my coffee!" at the top of my lungs.

I did order liver for lunch. This caused my sister to beg me to swap seats with my mom because she was afraid it would smell bad. I obliged because, like I said, I love my family. My other sister actually gave it a try and declared it "different" but "not bad".

I cannot convince them to live otherwise, but I can eat liver in front of them. Mmm. Liver.