Page 366 of 901 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466866 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 366

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    liek omg jenna, i can totally see that .10 on your butt

liiiiiiiiek.. this isn't a sir mix a lot song or anything
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

weathergirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    15 Best and Worst Foods for Weight Loss - Weight Loss Center - Everyday Health

got to this slide and my jaw dropped when i saw "WHOLE FAT DAIRY"

then read: "Got milk? You’re better off sticking with skim or low-fat dairy. Participants who ate whole-fat dairy (butter, cheese, and whole-fat milk) gained 0.10 pounds."

D'OH. it was one of the "worst foods". but is .10 pounds really that important???

i read the article, and they say red meat causes cancer now???!!!! what next?!?!?!? what did little old steak do to anyone besides taste oh so yummy!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl View Post
    i read the article, and they say red meat causes cancer now???!!!! what next?!?!?!? what did little old steak do to anyone besides taste oh so yummy!
    The article they link to says:
    A recent study from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) found that if your diet includes a lot of red meat and processed meat (like salami, bacon, or deli meats), rather than non-processed white meat (skinless chicken and turkey), you may have a shortened life span because of the link to heart disease and cancer. [...]

Another study highlighted the link between a high consumption of red and processed meat and colon cancer.
    What the hell is this conflating of red meat and processed meat and then comparing the whole group to unprocessed white meat?? GRASSFED STEAK AND SLIM JIMS ARE NOT THE SAME THING, AND YOU CAN'T JUST THROW THEM IN THE SAME GROUP. Are they serious???

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    liek omg jenna, i can totally see that .10 on your butt

liiiiiiiiek.. this isn't a sir mix a lot song or anything
    looool! omgggg im soooo fatttttt

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post

What the hell is this conflating of red meat and processed meat and then comparing the whole group to unprocessed white meat?? GRASSFED STEAK AND SLIM JIMS ARE NOT THE SAME THING, AND YOU CAN'T JUST THROW THEM IN THE SAME GROUP. Are they serious???
    RED MEAT BAD! White meat GOOD!!!

NO EXCEPTIONS.

(sooo glad we know better!)

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    So this restaurant, with what, a week's notice?, managed to come up with a phenomenal gluten free meal including beets for "pasta"?? You've got to share the name of this place so people in your area know where to go for fancy occasions.
    Saw a cafe in Newcastle advertising Beetroot pasta on their specials board last time I was there. First I'd ever seen it and assumed it was pasta flavoured with beetroot. I will have to keep an eye for this. Beetroot pasta sounds more awesome than cauliflower pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    They've started abducting parts of my sig in other threads. I'm thinking Mark needs captcha for creating an account or for making a post with more than one photo.
    So you are to blame for the Captcha scourge...

Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    Jesus was a poor guy. He ate poor People food. Numerous times it talks about "eating the fatted calf."
    Wasn't the fatted calf back then considered the best of the best as far as food went?

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Supernatural seasons 1 - 5
    Would have been a great series had the last episode ended five or so minutes earlier on a very poignant note.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    This is not funny at all, but we don't have a "Depressing CW Moments" thread.

"In the surgical wing of the Center for Pediatric Dentistry at Seattle Children’s Hospital, Devon Koester, 2 ˝ years old, was resting last month in his mother’s arms as an anesthesiologist held a bubble-gum-scented mask over his face to put him under. The doctors then took X-rays, which showed that 11 of his 20 baby teeth had cavities. Then his pediatric dentist extracted two incisors, performed a root canal on a molar, and gave the rest fillings and crowns. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/he...hesia-use.html
    Ten years ago I was waiting to go in for surgery and I got chatting to the woman next to me. She told me about how brave her little boy was when he had to go in for surgery on his teeth because they were so decayed. She had no idea that this could happen (WTF?????). At least she learned the lesson. She felt bad about it and was better with her second son who had good teeth because she didn't give him sweets. How come parents don't know that feeding kids sweets causes tooth decay? She seemed like a nice lady and didn't come across as stupid.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    So you are to blame for the Captcha scourge....
    Hey, don't look at me. I suggested it on image posts, not ALL posts.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post

'Twas all the rage last year. Red meat! Colon cancer! We're all gonna diiiiie!

But then it turned out to be an observational study. And it just went downhill from there.

Is Red Meat Unhealthy? - What the Red Meat Study Really Says | Mark's Daily Apple

Idioteque is offline Member

wooooa, captcha images are annoying!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    How come parents don't know that feeding kids sweets causes tooth decay?
    I actually think many people know about it but they consider it a myth.

I also wanna kick and scream when I see kids on the street with huge sodas/fake sweetened milk-like drinks/sugar candy/etc. But hey, apparently you cannot tell other people how to raise their kids. Unless you are the government.