Page 36 of 901 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 36

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've gotten that a lot here is west TX. I generally just say "no bread, no tortillas, no pasta. Can I get [salad, fruit, something else] substituted?"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

maba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twibble View Post
    this was at cracker barrel. We went there for breakfast, and i was getting bacon and sausage and eggs.

I asked the waitress to leave the toast off, because i can't have wheat.

Her answer? "oh honey, we have white bread too."
    roflmao!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    A colleague, on seeing my latest goodies (a fresh pair of ducks) - "Well, you're not dead so you must be doing *something* right"

(Awww I find it really sweet that the waitress said that!)

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    I was browsing a similar thread on a gluten-free site, and I was kind of shocked (then again, not really) at how many people do not know that white bread/white flour is made from wheat. I have to wonder just what they DO think it's made of?
    When I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy, my sister said 'I guess you'll have to eat a lot of bread now!' Everyone just stared at her blankly for a good minute.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    This week I posted a facebook status update that shared my joy with the world that I needed to go out and buy a new belt because I had run out of holes since dropping 3" off my waist over the past 90 days while eating bacon 4-5 times a week. One friend replied "yeah, but you gave up all the ice cream, cookies, beer etc..., is it worth it" and another one chimed in with "how good is that when you are clogging up your arteries and damaging your health in the process". I let it go at that and deleted my post, I just didn't have the energy to post a rebuttle to such terrible ignorance.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    This week I posted a facebook status update that shared my joy with the world that I needed to go out and buy a new belt because I had run out of holes since dropping 3" off my waist over the past 90 days while eating bacon 4-5 times a week. One friend replied "yeah, but you gave up all the ice cream, cookies, beer etc..., is it worth it" and another one chimed in with "how good is that when you are clogging up your arteries and damaging your health in the process". I let it go at that and deleted my post, I just didn't have the energy to post a rebuttle to such terrible ignorance.

That is sooo annoying and quite spiteful of your friends to try and make you feel bad about your success. You should keep some links handy showing evidence of saturated fat and paleo diets being healthy. or else just tell them to go and screw themselves.

abqgirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    It's not worth it. It's like trying to argue politics. People are too emotional about their bodies, food, and their respective health problems. That's why we are here. To tell you congrats on your success!

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    That is sooo annoying and quite spiteful of your friends to try and make you feel bad about your success. You should keep some links handy showing evidence of saturated fat and paleo diets being healthy. or else just tell them to go and screw themselves.
    +1 (I'd suggest the energy-saving option 2). Also, you might want some different friends.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    My cousin, who is obese and has hormonal problems worse than mine (I am IR/PCOS, and she most certainly is as well, and probably hypothyroid too), has been asking me how I lost weight. I've been telling her that it's by cutting out grains and eating more meat and protein/fat, but she's just not willing to do it because she's been brainwashed by Indian CW (which is even worse than American CW), which apparently says that you can only have two eggs a week, and even then, they should be steamed (wth!?). When she stayed with us, she would always lie and say that she wasn't hungry at mealtimes, when she must have been starving! She prefers to not eat or to just eat bread, even after my mother told her that's not healthy at all. She even just called me to ask for a "low-fat butter" recommendation to eat with bread... I know that I probably can't convince her to eat high-fat, so I told her Smart Balance because it seems like the least harmful of the fake fats.

But it frustrates me that despite ASKING ME what I've done to lose weight, and despite seeing the evidence before her, she still refuses to eat much protein because she thinks it will make her fat. Even American CW acknowledges that protein, at least, is important. I blame the insanely stupid Indian CW that thinsk vegetarianism is the holy grail. Instead of considering the possibility that she's malnourished, my cousin instead thinks that her problem is that she's not exercising enough (since she's got the diet under control, after all *rolleyes*).

Tolstoyan is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    my vegan colleague is, in addition to being obese, always sneezing, coughing, and complaining on the hour every hour "ugh, I'm hungry again." Yet rolls her eyes every time she hears me use the word "paleo" or "primal." Incidentally, she loves giving out nutritional advice to the other overweight ladies in our office! WTF? Knowing that I'm constantly reading about nutrition and health, she loves sending me studies "proving" that veganism and vegetarianism are healthy.

The irony is that, my being fit and lean is precisely what keeps her mind shut off from my perspective. Needless to say, I enjoy the weekends.