Page 359 of 838 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 8380

Thread: Funny CW moments page 359

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefGrok View Post
    This isn't the first time I've heard of this. Regardless of how anyone feels about the issue, a Canadian court ruled that a mother that killed her perfectly healthy newborn son, she was innocent of murder. I'm not sure I understand.
    Perhaps she had a mental breakdown and thus got to enter an insanity plea?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

weathergirl is offline Member
    so after reading just about this whole thread i decided to reply. just a sidenote, reading this thread sounds like its a bunch of recovering ______aholics. like just replace grains with any drug and it sounds like we are in recovery LOL esp when it goes off on some tangent about what food we miss or how we used to eat this or that haha. it literally sounds like an addiction support group and a bunch of addicts about to relapse. i know addiction isnt funny, its just the nature of the thread thats hilarious. and i truly honestly believe grains and sugar are absolutely addictive substances. anyways, just a little Cw funny moment i had on facebook...

me:you can get just as much fiber from strawberries as oatmeal!

my dumbass aunt: not true...strawberries only have 3 grams of fiber per cup where oatmeal has 4 grams per 1/2 cup. i know this because oatmeal is one of the ways my dr. says i HAVE to get fiber. I like the quaker oatmeal best.

me:the only thing oatmeal is good for is spiking your bloodsugar. you can get all the fiber you "have to have" from fruits and vegies.

my dumbass aunt: ...hasnt responded yet...

UGH this is the one who got in my face SCREAMING at me because she will die and get a diverticulitis attack if she doesnt eat her dr. prescribed fiber one cereal every morning. she told me her doctor actually told her that if she wanted to get fiber from veggies, she would have to eat an exorbitant amount that would be impossible to eat.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whatever....i will see her this weekend and i am now 30 lbs lighter than the last time she saw me and she is 5'0 and about 250 lbs...but she does EVERYTHING her dumbass dr tells her to be "healthy" hmmm go figure!

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    My husband and I walked down to the store to buy dinner and I was very, very hungry, so I bought a half pint of cream to sip on my way home. The cashier saw me opening it after we paid for our things and she asked me if I was going to drink that. I told her yes and she gasped and put her hand over her mouth. She looked like she was going to cry and like I had instead said I was going to eat her firstborn or something. I don't understand her reaction at all, it's my body I can drink cream if I want!

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    it's my body I can drink cream if I want!
    This is my new favourite quote. It pretty much sums up how I feel about the way I eat now!

tstein13 is offline Junior Member
    With all the talk of the search for Kerrygold, I have some bad news to report. I was shopping at my local Harry's and noticed something that could not go unmentioned.

There was a display with tubs of reduced-fat Kerrygold butter. I couldn't even understand it. I didn't even pick it up to see how much their usual great product had been adulterated. I wanted to throw all of them away.

And that's why I get my Kerrygold from Trader Joe's.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^Yeah Shaw's has these reduced-fat ones. At least it's still grass-fed =\ TBH, it's the only Kerrygold I could find at first (didn't realize TJ's carries it), and the tub was perfect for the clarified butter I made!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    My husband and I walked down to the store to buy dinner and I was very, very hungry, so I bought a half pint of cream to sip on my way home. The cashier saw me opening it after we paid for our things and she asked me if I was going to drink that. I told her yes and she gasped and put her hand over her mouth. She looked like she was going to cry and like I had instead said I was going to eat her firstborn or something. I don't understand her reaction at all, it's my body I can drink cream if I want!
    loool!

i was at the soup bar at Whole Foods and this tiny, thin (chronic-cardio-looking) woman was perusing the different soups. I started getting some vegetable soup, but they also had cream of tomato. she was looking at the tomato and I was like "that creamy tomato soup is great, too" and she was like "ya, but CREAM is the code word..." and then laughed like it was the worst kind of soup to have ever. I was this close to saying something, but I'm still a bit fat, I probably had 30 pounds on her, so don't think I could have done much convincing. lol
    as for the veggie soup, it was terribly bland. after a pad of butter and some salt, it was much better

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    she was like "ya, but CREAM is the code word..."
    She's right. Cream is the code word for "this soup will actually satisfy me!"

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    She's right. Cream is the code word for "this soup will actually satisfy me!"
    Truth! Although a lot of premade creamy soups also have wheat flour added to them, protip. :/
    Last edited by Corvidae; 03-05-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: typo
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Truth! Although a lot of premade creamy soups also have wheat flour added to them, protip. :/
    yep--that's why i didn't get the soup :C flour was a top ingredient, booo!!