Page 346 of 839 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 8388

Thread: Funny CW moments page 346

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Sounds like the Daily Mail. I assume you're american Rita and therefore won't know the paper. Basically a tabloid here in the UK that writes complete crap. For instance:

Things the Daily Mail says cause Cancer

Which has given rise to such ridicule as this:
    Daily Mail Ridicule
    Ugh, the Daily Fail. It's a feminist's nightmare. In fact, it's just a nightmare in general.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Ugh, the Daily Fail. It's a feminist's nightmare. In fact, it's just a nightmare in general.
    Yeah, definitely a load of crap. Some of the headlines are great just for amusement value though.

Dog
    Dog is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael088 View Post
    Obvious excess in meat fat? That's a funny CW moment
    There must be some sort of glitch in the Matrix, because I know I've seen this same post on earlier pages of the thread. Like a page-hopping phantom post. Am I going crazy or can somebody explain this?

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    There must be some sort of glitch in the Matrix, because I know I've seen this same post on earlier pages of the thread. Like a page-hopping phantom post. Am I going crazy or can somebody explain this?
    Spambot.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    We went and had a swank dinner last night with my parents. I called ahead and asked for a grain-free meal, and was happily provided six courses free of gluten.

My husband is normally on board with the paleo/primal life, but for occasions like this he has made clear he wants to just eat "normal". No problems. He waxed poetic about the cake at dessert and the pastry wrapping his main course beef wellington, and I ate my sorbet and salmon and was perfectly happy.

This morning, at breakfast, he says, "So...did you have heartburn last night?"

Me: "Nope!"

Him: "Oh. I did. I had to get up in the middle of the night and take a bunch of pepto."

Me: "Tee hee!"

Him: "Yeah, yeah."

That said...his wellington did look pretty awesome. But my meal was awesome in different ways, and they even made a really neat "ravioli" using thin slices of golden beet for the "pasta"! Definitely going to have to reproduce at home.
    So this restaurant, with what, a week's notice?, managed to come up with a phenomenal gluten free meal including beets for "pasta"?? You've got to share the name of this place so people in your area know where to go for fancy occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloGrok View Post
    Today at the gym I was drinking a cup of black coffee before my workout (as I usually door just prior to a heavy session). A trainer walked up to me and said that I should probably be drinking a Red Bull pre-workout as it would be healthier.

I asked for an explanation but, not surprisingly, he could not come up with one.
    It's, y'know, fortified with stuff, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    the other day a friend of the people i work for came in with a bag of three croissants and demanded i take one. (you know the types that don't allow a "no" ) so, I took the smallest one, which was just smaller than my fist--quite small for a croissant. and he was like "NO, TAKE A BIG ONE!" and I was like "hell no, I want the small one". then he proceeded to eat both large croissants and then COMPLAIN that now he couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day because all of his daily calories that he's allowed were in those two croissants. In my head I was like "just don't eat the croissants...."
    And why did he even buy 3 croissants when 2 were too many? Oh, no wait, I know. He told himself that someone else would eat a big one and he could use the tiny bit of remaining calories for a sugary treat.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloGrok View Post
    Today at the gym I was drinking a cup of black coffee before my workout (as I usually door just prior to a heavy session). A trainer walked up to me and said that I should probably be drinking a Red Bull pre-workout as it would be healthier.

I asked for an explanation but, not surprisingly, he could not come up with one.
    Right after Red Bull first came out it was marketed as sort of an exercise/health aid. I was training for a soccer tournament and got my dad to buy me one before practice. I have never felt more like I was going to throw up from working out.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    And why did he even buy 3 croissants when 2 were too many? Oh, no wait, I know. He told himself that someone else would eat a big one and he could use the tiny bit of remaining calories for a sugary treat.
    looool! basically

he's always bringing in breakfast pastries/danishes/coffee cakes. it's crazy!! and the funniest part? usually it's just my two bosses and I that are here, and we are all plump women who don't want to eat this crap! we tell him not to bring it, yet he still does.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    " agnostibuddhipagans" Could you please direct me to a congregation? I am a spiritual person with no spiritual path.
    Look up Unitarian Universalists.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula