Page 34 of 881 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134534 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 34

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The reason to go ahead and have that high protein breakfast is that it helps steady the blood sugar roller coaster, and provide the fat & protein necessary for satiety & a growing body & brain.

Me, personally, when I know a lot of sugary crap is going to be available, I eat a lot less of it if I fill up on a solid protein & fat real food meal before I go. I'd do the same for my child if I couldn't forbid him to eat the crap at school.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    So I was flipping through a fashion magazine (Allure, October issue) yesterday and the had a piece on "The Hedonist's Diet." About 7-8 out of the 10 rules were primal. The first rule was to eat a fatty breakfast, but get this - "if done right" - meaning 2 egg whites and a whole egg. At least the article did remind people that no one got fat from a humble 50-calorie strip of bacon. True, but then rule #6 was to make sure to "get your sugar high daily" (a photo of dark chocolate accompanied the rule). Agh, so close yet so far...

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Just watched an episode of 'generation xxl' from Channel 4. There are some parents on there I'd like to grab by the neck and shake, but also so many well-meaning ones. Direct quote:
    'That's half-fat cheese and we have wholewheat pasta... so I don't really understand why we're fat.'

Looking at the children, it's not actually funny.

'What do you like to do when you come home from school?'
    'Sit down and watch TV because my legs hurt.'

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I saw a criminally obese guy in an ambulance the other day. The problem? He was driving it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    A few weeks ago, I was in Pecos for work. For lunch, we stop at a restaurant we know to be good and they had an all you can eat special on their dry rub ribs (best ribs I've had anywhere.) My coworker dives in, but leaves half the meat on the bones. He looks over a my plate and see a small pile of rib bone chunks (they were cross cut ribs) so clean they seem polished. "Damn! I've never met anyone who could clean a rib like that, let alone ever seen a woman do it." I smile and say "My daddy taught me well when it comes to cookin and eatin."
    Then he looks me over and asks "Where do you put it? You eat like a horse and you're so tiny."
    Rather than try to explain it to him, I respond with "I have a tapewor that lives in my hollow leg."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    lol and his response was?
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

He laughed and made a comment about knowing where to offload excess venison. I quickly assured him that I'd be more than will to take some off his hands. I now have a connection for venison during hunting season. He's supposed to bag an extra one next time he goes out and I'll pay processing fees.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    He laughed and made a comment about knowing where to offload excess venison.
    Can I come to your house for dinner?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

I don't have venison yet. He hasn't gone hunting again yet.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    wow, nice guy.. he's gonna kill it gut it and drag it all the way back for you... caveman keeper?
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"