Page 339 of 881 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439839 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 339

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Lol! One year for Christmas, one of the players in our group knitted us all dice bags with appropriate motifs for our characters. That was the same game group where we had four women (including the GM) and two guys, and we were all foodies. Best. Gaming. Snacks. Ever.
    That sounds awesome. My group was comprised of feminist/queer/trans people, so in our campaign, most of our characters were queer and the "evil" faction was a bunch of ultra-conservative, heteronormative douchebags.

Oh, and if you critical failed a knowledge check when talking to an npc, you found out their sexual orientation. Lol.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

onalark is offline Senior Member
    What is it with me and Trader Joe's and coconut products?

Checkout Lady: "Oh! Virgin coconut oil! I see a LOT of people buying THIS. What do YOU do with it?"
    Me: "I eat it with a spoon."
    Her: "I...."
    Me: "It's really good."
    Her: "I heard it was...good in your hair...."

Ha ha ha ha. Whoo. Man. I should have tried to explain Bulletproof Coffee to her.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    As a grad student, I have to say that the current trend toward nerds as hotties is something I can totally support. Also, I only date other geeky types because I can't even consider dating someone who doesn't get it when I make weird RPG-related jokes about critical fumbles and +1 spatulas of cooking awesomeness or when I want to watch a Red Dwarf marathon.
    ...there's a spatula with +1 cooking of awesomeness? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?!?!?
    Not that I need the help or anything cause I am a damned good cook already. But really, who wouldn't want that.

Also, Klingons=the best thing ever. I want to learn Klingon and yell at people. Hehehehehe.
    And I concur on nerds=hot. I wish more of them were muscular. My boyfriend is tall and VERY skinny. He's gained 25lbs living with me and is still underweight. Slowly, I will fatten him up.
    Last edited by Asmodeuskraemer; 02-23-2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: I can't spell
    January 14th-306.2
    January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
    January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
    No, I'll fall.
    Come to the edge.
    No, it's too high.
    Come to the edge.
    I came
    She pushed
    And I flew

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've only ever dated geeks and nerds. Anything else and the conversations tended to go "uh-huh, uh-uh, hey, did you see last night's Nova? Never heard of it? You watched [sitcom] instead? Oh. Excuse me, I'll be over here talking to the dorky guy that just programmed a battlebot."
    As to the skinny, musclelessness of geeks and nerds, I got incredibly lucky with Geek and found one with muscles and brains. Apparently, it stemmed from researching genetic predisposition, kinesiology, and health.
    We don't have the +2 spatula of cooking awesomeness. We have the +5 Knife of Wicked Slicery.
    I'm not big on Klingons or Star Trek, but Captain Mal is teh hotness. I also dentify with Kaylee far more than I should.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

paleo pika is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm not big on Klingons or Star Trek, but Captain Mal is teh hotness. I also dentify with Kaylee far more than I should.
    +1, Kaylee cracks me right the fuck up.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Lol I love that you guys are out of the closet nerds. Now I can talk about how I just finished Battlestar Galactica and it blew my mind and how I wish I had some way to watch Dr. Who from beginning to end. lol

But back on track:
    CW FAIL: Quaker Oatmeal....with flaxseed in it.

I just got a shiver

dancermom09 is offline Member
    Re: Doctor Who. Pretty sure you can watch most of it on Netflix Instant. DD went through it a couple of months ago. I know for SURE you can watch Firefly/Serenity there. But we have it in Blu Ray anyway.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dancermom09 View Post
    Re: Doctor Who. Pretty sure you can watch most of it on Netflix Instant. DD went through it a couple of months ago. I know for SURE you can watch Firefly/Serenity there. But we have it in Blu Ray anyway.
    The newer Dr. Who perhaps. The whole thing would be impossible since some episodes are completely lost when some moron at the BBC destroyed/recorded over them. Yes, over the original recordings. I mean wtf?!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've only ever dated geeks and nerds. Anything else and the conversations tended to go "uh-huh, uh-uh, hey, did you see last night's Nova? Never heard of it? You watched [sitcom] instead? Oh. Excuse me, I'll be over here talking to the dorky guy that just programmed a battlebot."
    As to the skinny, musclelessness of geeks and nerds, I got incredibly lucky with Geek and found one with muscles and brains. Apparently, it stemmed from researching genetic predisposition, kinesiology, and health.
    We don't have the +2 spatula of cooking awesomeness. We have the +5 Knife of Wicked Slicery.
    Looooooooooove Kaylee. And Captain Mal--yeah. Hey, Nathan Fillion is from my city and his parents still live here, and I could have sworn I saw him early one morning last week getting a coffee.

But your Kaylee-love is pretty clear from your avatar.

Such a nerdy threadjack.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Dog
    Dog is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    Lol I love that you guys are out of the closet nerds. Now I can talk about how I just finished Battlestar Galactica and it blew my mind and how I wish I had some way to watch Dr. Who from beginning to end. lol

But back on track:
    CW FAIL: Quaker Oatmeal....with flaxseed in it.

I just got a shiver
    I've never watched the show before, but I am a huge Portlandia fan and I can't help but wonder if their Battlestar Galactica addiction sketch is a realistic scenario.

On topic: My roommate does a daily ab workout in our room because he's trying to get a six pack. He plays a lot of basketball and baseball, and is in good shape, but he has quite a bit of body fat for an athlete. Of course, I have yet to tell him that his ramen noodle and snack cake habit has more to due with his lack of abs than any workout...
    Last edited by Dog; 02-23-2012 at 08:19 AM.