Page 332 of 869 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 8685

Thread: Funny CW moments page 332

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would agree there is an underlying trigger for ADHD or else everyone would get it.

On a happy note I am thrilled that he is doing so much better and I hope the continued healthy eating sees more improvements for him.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

PS
    Don't forget to play!

PS
    Don't forget to play!

dropkickallie is offline Junior Member
    This is diverging from the "funny CW" but my son (5 y/o) has SID and daughter (18 mo) is a toe walker. Everyone thinks i'm crazy because I've put them on a Gluten free 'diet' and am working/weening them towards being primal. My son was GF/CF from the time he was 22 mo to 38 mo, then my husband said it was 'a waste of money' and so we went back to conventional eating. his SID/behavior has gotten incontrolable, his language and speaking skills are still severly delayed and now the little one is somewhat slow to talk (something he also presented around 20 mo). "Amazingly" in the last week, since being GF they are both calmer, easier to reason with, better behaved, and both speak more clearly. Its not a cure-all, but their diet definitely affects their neuroligcal functioning. I wish sometimes I could video tape them to show people, but they probably still wouldn't believe me.

My mother and I both have tried to lose weight in the past, tried McDougal Diet (vegetarian, low fat, high grain), Metabolic Research (high protein, low carb, but a lot of processed protein 'shakes'), now she's on the "Engine 2 Diet" (vegan). I gained weight as a vegetarian because i ate so many carbs and processed soy 'foods'. Metabolic Research, we both lost a significant amount of weight (I lost 20lbs, she lost 35lbs, our goals respectively). But we both claimed 'it didn't work' because as soon as you eat any carbs you gain weight. *facepalm* When I told her I was going primal she said, well as soon as you eat carbs again you'll just gain all your weight back. Granted, I don't have a lot of weight to lose, maybe 10 lbs, but when I told her I have no plan or intention of ever eating 'carbs' (grains of any kind) she said "well surely you'll eat corn and rice?" no mom, not even corn and rice. I ate one of my sons gluten free rice flour cookies the other day to show him it was 'yummy' and not only was it a crumbly gross mess in my mouth, but 30 minute later i felt drugged and could barely keep my eyes open after the intense sugar high and subsequent crash. After this box is gone, there will be no more GF cookies in our house. I ate a bite of banana a few days later and my taste buds were in shock at how sweet it was.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    We had the trifecta of bad foods at Fat Tuesday-

Mine: Healthfood that tastes sucky and has calories anyhow- muffins with flour, and oats.... redeemed with butter, maple syrup and blueberries. But they were the "healthy" option in terms of CW....(I didn't mention the butter). I think one got eaten.

Low Fat chick- pumpkin bread with chocolate chips- NO EGGS!!!!! NO BUTTER!!!!!! but plenty o' sugar. But hey, no eggs! or Butter! A few pieces got eaten.

And... what got finished off? Funfetti cupcakes with storebought mix and icing.... we aren't sure what is in them....But all of us- the fat phobe, the sugar phobe, the wheat phobe.... the happy guy coming by to deliver stuff.... we all had a funfetti cupcake at like 9 am.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    According to my boss I need to eat every 3 hours, must eat at least 2 oranges a day (especially the white part!!!1), and should consume about half my body weight in suppliments daily. Oh, and I should follow his eating plan to lose weight. He has lost 20 pounds after all. His plan:

breakfast - one scoop of protein powder, egg whites, unsweetened almond milk (blend for a smoothie)
    snack - orange
    lunch - salad and some blueberries (no meat, fat free dressing)
    snack - orange
    dinner - a tomato or sometimes a lean cuisine/kashi meal.

Yes, because that is so sustainable.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    breakfast - one scoop of protein powder, egg whites, unsweetened almond milk (blend for a smoothie)
    snack - orange
    snack - orange
    Ewwww...well at least it minimizes grain consumption >_>

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    According to my boss I need to eat every 3 hours, must eat at least 2 oranges a day (especially the white part!!!1), and should consume about half my body weight in suppliments daily. Oh, and I should follow his eating plan to lose weight. He has lost 20 pounds after all. His plan:

snack - orange
    snack - orange

Wow all 400 calories there (on the absolute highest end) would really fill one up and those oranges give you LOTS of protein, don't they? This man's body must be tearing him limb from limb to find some actual food.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

paleo pika is offline Member

snack - orange
    snack - orange

Ughhh I'm starving just reading about that. I have nightmares about being on a similar eating plan...then I wake up and go eat a steak.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    snack - orange
    snack - orange

Dude.. That meal plan wouldn't sustain a 4 year-old girl.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -