Page 331 of 879 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431831 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 331

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Purely observational.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Anzu is offline Junior Member
    My father has a strong interest in the biological side of nutrition, as do I. I remember fighting with him about coconut oil when I was home over Christmas break, as I hadn't yet gone primal but wanted to get some SFA in me after reading on here about how good they were. Now that I'm fully primal (3 weeks in and 2.6 kilos lost) he listens but still shakes his head and says "I hate meat and don't want to give up grains." He also has heart issues (arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia), so I worry for him.

However, since I don't live at home, I'm trying to urge my brother (who does) to get Primal (it's helped my mood an enormous amount, and I think it would help his as well). If my brother and I are both Primal and my father sees how much it's helped us, I know he'll jump on the bandwagon. In fact, when I sent him an entire day's worth of stuff I'd eaten on Fitday with 80 grams of protein and 52 grams of carbs listed, he emailed me back with "get more protein! you should be eating 110 grams!" Not a word on the carbs. 8)

My mother still gasps when I say I cook my food in lard, though.
    Last edited by Anzu; 02-20-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    At a work function with OH, they start passing the bread around the table and we say "no thanks we don't eat bread."
    The response ""ah that is why you are so slim."
    as they continue to eat the bread....lol
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxmane View Post
    Really? I've been a habitual toe-walker for many years; do you have any references for this?
    Probably irrelevant, but two of my cousins (sisters) are toe-walkers. One is completely normal (for now? she's only 7), the other (14) was diagnosed with slight hyperactivity two years ago, basically a mild case of ADHD.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    basically a mild case of ADHD.
    Diet? As a teacher I have never seen and ADHD case with a proper (none grain, none sugar, non, crap)diet.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Diet? As a teacher I have never seen and ADHD case with a proper (none grain, none sugar, non, crap)diet.
    Same!!

Oh, they're definitely not on a good diet. I quietly agree that if they eliminated grains a lot of her problems would go away. My uncle also knows they don't eat right, but they don't really have any money. Both of them are unemployed and live well below the poverty line. I think it's more of a crime that my aunt can buy two frozen pizzas for $5 while you can barely get enough lettuce for a family of 6 on $5, tbh.

Edited because my English may be a bit confusing: They are a family of 6, three girls and one boy with my aunt and uncle. Aside from the 7-year old, they are 14, 18 and 22, so not small eaters!
    Last edited by Anzu; 02-20-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Man, the forum spam is getting out of control

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    and now here's some CW for ya, this is part of the reason I don't read magazines anymore: nothing but garbage

And the rest of this add should read "and a Super dose of insulin spiking carbohydrates!"
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Meet my son. Now, you're totally right - ADHD is completely connected to diet. And other sources of bad gut flora. My son has never had sugar (except on special occasions) or antibiotics, but I passed to him bad gut flora and fed him lots of "healthy whole grains" for his first 8 years. In the last 2-3 years, we've had few to no grains at all, and his diet is almost 100% primal. It has made a HUGE difference in his ADD/ODD/SID. It's almost gone. But it's still there.

So I'm saying yes, it's diet, but also, it's not like a light switch. The gut is like a capacitor - it takes a long time to go bad, and a long time to fix. B/c of that, you will have some cases of attention problems where the child is actually eating well and has for a long time.

On the toe-walking note, my daughter is a very mild case of toe-walking, and has never had behavior disorders, but gets tics when she eats CW healthy - bad ones. Most of the other cases I know of are much worse on both the toe and the neurological front.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey