Page 33 of 879 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133533 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 33

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    At a recent Christmas party, I watched as everyone stuffed themselves with all kinds of garbage, and then the main meal showed up, again, everyone stuffed themselves with garbage, and then desert showed up, and more stuffing happened. On the way out, a lady with obvious weight, allergy and acne issues said, "Oh man, I ate so much food I feel bloated and unattractive, but I don't know why I ate that much."
    Because she is extremely stupid?

When I was doing Atkins 5 years ago, and had lost over 20kgs in 4 months, this lady said to me she'd loe to lose weight like that, but she had type 2 diabetes, and the diabetic nurse had given her a menu she must follow.

I remember for her breakfast it had 2 slices of RAISIN TOAST with, of course, the pro-whatever margerine on it.

I wanted to scream and tear my hair out!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    At a recent Christmas party, I watched as everyone stuffed themselves with all kinds of garbage, and then the main meal showed up, again, everyone stuffed themselves with garbage, and then desert showed up, and more stuffing happened. On the way out, a lady with obvious weight, allergy and acne issues said, "Oh man, I ate so much food I feel bloated and unattractive, but I don't know why I ate that much."
    Saw the same thing at our Thanksgiving dinner - I never realized how much grains and sugars are served during the holidays. Or how people are completely oblivious to them. My sister was the one that kept repeating the, "I'm so bloated, I ate too much!" It was annoying the crap out of me, because we were talking about PB a week earlier and she agreed that she wanted to try it. *HEAD DESK*

I finally went back to the gym yesterday. All the girls were asking me how I lost 32lbs (the last ten, due to PB) and what my new diet was after my surgery. When I told them I cut grains and sugars, they made me do a list of what I ate in a day.

One older lady was flabbergasted and asked in complete amazement, "You eat... fat?" Like you're never supposed to eat ANY FAT AT ALL. And she asked about whole grains too, like those aren't grains and don't apply to the idea of not eating grains.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

labbygail is offline Senior Member
    When I said I wasn't eating grains anymore, my mom brought up the arctic explorers who died of rabbit starvation. Right, because it's totally the same thing. I gave up trying to explain that they weren't eating enough fat and just told her that I was eating plenty of starchy vegetables for energy. I'm not really sure why she thinks I don't get enough energy; I'm obviously not wasting away, and I'm nursing my one-year-old.

Similarly, when I took a walk barefoot after the sweet gum trees had finished dropping their balls, she told me about this old lady she knew who tripped on a sweet gum ball and fell and broke her collarbone. I wasn't really sure what to make of that one; surely the old lady had been wearing shoes.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Because she is extremely stupid?
    No, she's extremely addicted. I did this year after year, party after party, and could never figure out why I couldn't stop until I decided to cut out grains mid-year. After spending months without grains or sugar, I couldn't care less about that crap at parties. I eat the meat & cheese & veggies (and fill up pre-party with them if I think they won't be available) and walk out of there without belly pain. It was like a switch - get the grains out of there and suddenly I didn't do the head-bangingly stupid bloat-and-feel-like-dying thing at parties & holidays anymore.

"Rabbit starvation" happens when you don't eat any FAT. It has nothing to do with carbohydrates. You can eat all the fruits veggies, & lean protein you want, but if you don't eat enough fat, you won't absorb all those nutrients you're eating, and if you don't eat any fat at all, you will DIE.

Family paranoia is hard to handle. Right now my sister is recovering from yet another organ removal (all of my siblings and their spouses have had an organ removed or operated on in the last two years and they're all under 34) but my mother is worried to death about mine & my kids' diet b/c "What about the complex carbohydrates?" (We eat vegetables like they're going out of style, Mother!) and "Organ meats are bad for your cholesterol!"

I'm too busy being sad to laugh, though. Seeing your loved ones' deaths drawn out for decades is very sobering.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Oh, but what about the strawberry pop tart? and the blueberry pop tart? and the strawberry gold fish and fruit loops? Lots of healthy fruit there!
    Absolutely! I bet they teach them about antioxidants in their health/nutrition class.

More seriously, schools offer breakfast because it is required for kids on free and reduced lunch, are there no protein and fruit requirements?

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Absolutely! I bet they teach them about antioxidants in their health/nutrition class.

More seriously, schools offer breakfast because it is required for kids on free and reduced lunch, are there no protein and fruit requirements?
    Oh, don't you know? It's just "calories in, calories out," so they could give them soda pop and ice cream as long as it fulfilled calorie requirements. /snark
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    I think the milk in the cereal counts as the protein, and the "100% fruit juice" counts as fruit :/ Or perhaps the strawberry in the Strawberry Goldfish crackers counts? *sigh*

pfair143 is offline Member

Unhappy School "food" starts early

My daughter-in-law decided from the beginning to feed my grandson the right way: breastfeeding, made all of his food from real food, plenty of fruit, veg., etc. She returned to work when he was a toddler and packed his home grown milk and pre-made foods for the day. The church run daycare told her that she didn't need to bring the food because they furnished it as part of the program. The menu included pop tarts and cereal, cookies, koolaid, etc. She told them that he didn't eat those kinds of meals and to just feed him what she brings. They told her that she would have to get a doctor's certificate (even though she is one) to exempt him from their nutritional guidelines.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    We qualify for free lunch, so my kids often eat what the school provides. I hate it, but because we qualify they HAVE to feed them if they ask for it unless we have a note from teh doctor saying they can't have it for medical reasons. My older son was eating his eggs and veggies for breakfast and then going to school and eating again. Because there is no 'real' medical reason for him to not eat school food we stopped feeding him at home. It was bad enough for him to eat the school breakfast, but two meals within an hour of eachother was really too much for him and he was gaining weight.

I really need to pursue changing his diet for the purpose of helping with getting him off his ADHD meds. Maybe then teh doc will write the note.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My sister has ADHD. When we were younger, the doc wrote her a note, saying that anythng above x grams of sugar per meal, she couldn't have. Because of this, she was very rarely allowed to eat breakfast at school. Lunch was generally not an issue though. We now know that sugar isn't the culprit in ADHD, but maybe that's the angle you can get the doc to use.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome