Page 32 of 840 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 32

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That doesn't mean they're going to ban butter and lard, does it?
    (I foresee mass emigration to France if so.)

Griff - nice .

periquin is offline Senior Member
    SerialSinner: "As far as I know, the fats linked to inflammation (and therefore potentially cancer) are PUFAs with abnormally high ratios of w-6:w-3."

I imagine that here you are referring to things like bacon, with the ratio of 6/3 in the area of 25/1.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    At a recent Christmas party, I watched as everyone stuffed themselves with all kinds of garbage, and then the main meal showed up, again, everyone stuffed themselves with garbage, and then desert showed up, and more stuffing happened. On the way out, a lady with obvious weight, allergy and acne issues said, "Oh man, I ate so much food I feel bloated and unattractive, but I don't know why I ate that much."

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Want to see a MAJOR school district FAIL? Check out the image...put it on a weekly rotating schedule, and this is what our kids are eating for school breakfast EVERY DAY! HOLY SUGAR, BATMAN!

Sorry for the huge image--don't know how to resize.

Anyways, this menu was sent to parents in my school district about 2 weeks before the start of school to let them know that their kids will now have a healthy breakfast to start their day.

PS. My kids are home schooled!

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Mandolin - my kid's school menu is similar, except that the cereals aren't sugar-reduced and some days they serve funnel cakes (with powdered sugar!). Needless to say, they eat breakfast at home, and take a packed lunch everyday.

MarkP is offline Member
    Holy shit, my teeth would rot out if I ate that for breakfast everyday.
    I like how everything has proper brandnames!

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
    Want to see a MAJOR school district FAIL? Check out the image...put it on a weekly rotating schedule, and this is what our kids are eating for school breakfast EVERY DAY! HOLY SUGAR, BATMAN!

Sorry for the huge image--don't know how to resize.

Anyways, this menu was sent to parents in my school district about 2 weeks before the start of school to let them know that their kids will now have a healthy breakfast to start their day.

PS. My kids are home schooled!
    Yeah, but I bet the breakfasts are all low fat!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I read my niece's lunch menu recently:
    Breakfast: Breakfast Bagel, Juice
    Lunch: Pepperoni Pizza, Tator Tots, Pineapple Mandarin Salad, Jell 0 Cake, Milk

The best meal I could find on there:

Turkey & Dressing
    Ham
    Green Beans
    Sweet Potato w/Apples
    Fruit Salad
    Cranberry Sauce
    Roll
    Milk
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
    Holy crap that pisses me off! Even if you're not primal it's still obvious there's NO protein or vegetables! And the only fruit is juice! (Probably not 100% juice either)

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Holy crap that pisses me off! Even if you're not primal it's still obvious there's NO protein or vegetables! And the only fruit is juice! (Probably not 100% juice either)
    Oh, but what about the strawberry pop tart? and the blueberry pop tart? and the strawberry gold fish and fruit loops? Lots of healthy fruit there!

(I don't know what a strawberry gold fish is... on balance, I think I'm better off not knowing.)

I do wish you were making this up. The words 'epidemic' and 'diabetes' come to mind.