Page 316 of 893 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 8924

Thread: Funny CW moments page 316

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    From Harvard: "The Nutrition Source- Ask the Expert: Healthy Fats"
    Ask the Expert: Healthy Fats - Your Nutrition Questions Answered - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health

-fats are good
    -refined carbs and low-fat frankenfoods are bad and negatively affect health in a variety of ways
    -low-fat diets are not always optimal for weight loss/control

...hopes skyrocketing!...

"Willett: Some types of fats are healthier than others. Unsaturated fat is the healthiest type of fat. Plant oils, such as olive, canola, corn, peanut and other nut oils; nuts, such as almonds, peanuts, walnuts, and pistachios; avocados; and fish, especially oily fish such as salmon and canned tuna, are excellent sources of unsaturated fat."

"Saturated fat is less healthy, since it raises “bad” cholesterol in the blood. We can’t completely eliminate saturated fat from our diets, though, because foods that are rich in healthy fats also contain a little bit of saturated fat. The best strategy is to limit foods that are very high in saturated fat, such as butter, cheese, and red meat"

Hopes crushed =C

Oh well, it's definitely a leap in the right direction!
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Ya think?

My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    The last thing on the list cracked me up: "An ingredient not normally found in half-and-half."
    But did you notice the "ingredient not normally found in half and half" was food coloring?

It's white! What color???
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Foxmane is offline Junior Member
    Oh, I am going to love this thread.

I saw one of my dear friends from my undergraduate years post the following on Facebook today. I honestly don't know what happened; she was so sensible when we were in school together, and she's a biochemist now, for heaven's sake!

"Tuna helper, creamy pasta, made with light margarine, skim milk, and lots of added veggies. This is a great meal. The awesome thing is I used up some of the frozen veggies I had as well as a can of peas someone left behind, I think. Zero point veggies are the best part of this, besides the taste!"

No... just... just no. Oh, my dear friend. When did Weight Watcher's shriveled old worm on a fishhook start to look appealing?
    I'm a food scientist by trade, a writer and a cook by hobby, and stranded in the Midwest by choice.

The best thing about the Internet is that you can't be sure I'm not a unicorn.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Ya think?

Looool! Hilarious! It'd be funny if Kelloggs was like "even if we call it Krave they don't realize grains are addictive! Fools!! Wahaha"
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    But did you notice the "ingredient not normally found in half and half" was food coloring?

It's white! What color???
    Lool! Didn't even see that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Foxmane View Post
    Oh, I am going to love this thread.

I saw one of my dear friends from my undergraduate years post the following on Facebook today. I honestly don't know what happened; she was so sensible when we were in school together, and she's a biochemist now, for heaven's sake!

"Tuna helper, creamy pasta, made with light margarine, skim milk, and lots of added veggies. This is a great meal. The awesome thing is I used up some of the frozen veggies I had as well as a can of peas someone left behind, I think. Zero point veggies are the best part of this, besides the taste!"

No... just... just no. Oh, my dear friend. When did Weight Watcher's shriveled old worm on a fishhook start to look appealing?
    effing LOOOL @ "light" margarine XD

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

GrokGoddess is offline Member
    I have gotten my sister addicted to coffee with cream ( and turned her primal and gotten her off the chronic cardio in the process) so when she asked at a well known Australian cafe chain the other day for cream on the side they only had the sweetened cream in a can, and she was informed " all cream has sugar in it". I hope she gave them her classic death stare
    Cheers
    Carlye

WWGD - What Would Grok Do?

dancermom09 is offline Member
    Stopped at Starbucks the other day to get some cold dissolving Via. Thought it might work better for making coffee ice cream than the regular kind. Told the barista helping me that I wanted unsweetened, paid for it, and left. Got home and saw that it has sugar (like 20g per serving!), so went back. That WAS the unsweetened, the sweetened has even more sugar.

Guess I will use our real coffee next time, lesson learned. Just have to plan in advance and chill it!

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dancermom09 View Post
    Stopped at Starbucks the other day to get some cold dissolving Via. Thought it might work better for making coffee ice cream than the regular kind. Told the barista helping me that I wanted unsweetened, paid for it, and left. Got home and saw that it has sugar (like 20g per serving!), so went back. That WAS the unsweetened, the sweetened has even more sugar.

Guess I will use our real coffee next time, lesson learned. Just have to plan in advance and chill it!
    I rarely order iced coffee at Starbucks, but when I do, the barista always seems confounded by the fact that I don't wan't simple syrup in it.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dancermom09 View Post

Try making cold brew coffee. You also end up with a smoother, less acidic flavour. Awesome for summertime.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal