Page 314 of 872 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414814 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 8716

Thread: Funny CW moments page 314

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by opalinesque View Post
    I found this travesty at the local Safeway and just HAD to take pictures to share. I mean, fat free half-and-half? Isn't that kind of defeating the point? It might as well be creamer with THAT list of ingredients. (Also I keep laughing at "adds a trivial amount of fat.")

A friend of mine also recently posted this article about an anti-cheese campaign. I got as far as "artery-clogging saturated fat linked to heart disease, and the cholesterol" and ragequit.
    I tried to find a link for that to post after I heard the story on NPR yesterday. I laughed when they said the person who started /masterminded the campaign felt a vegan diet was the healthiest way to live...

I was so ticked when went to buy heavy cream last night and all the ones at the Walmart had added ingredients - ended up with StonyfieldFarm half and half because at least the ingredients in that were organic milk, organic cream and NOTHING ELSE!
    Last edited by Fabbecky; 02-03-2012 at 05:22 AM.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    This is quite possibly the WORST thing I've EVER read regarding "health":

Healthier foods for your heart - chicagotribune.com

And it's in the name of "heart health month". This is a downright ethical abomination. People are actually going to DO THIS. I've read a lot of awful articles written in the name of "health", but this is the only one I've ever seen advocating the use of MARGARINE. I mean really, MARGARINE. Even the most adamantly anti-saturated fat buffoons know that MARGARINE IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Even Paula Deen said she'll never drop butter for margarine because it's one molecule away from plastic. I'm getting dry heaves reading this.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

chumbert is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    that show pisses me off too. Oh noes I only lost like, 6 pounds this week. I was hoping to lose 10. I feel so crappy and I don't know why!!!
    Speaking of The Biggest Loser, I saw an article the other day about Bob Harper the trainer. It was saying that he has recently discovered Crossfit and was totally in to it! As we all know, Crossfit and Paleo/Primal go hand in hand. I hope it leads him down this road and he discovers Primal.

My dream would be to have two teams on The Biggest Loser show. One the CW/chronic cardio team and one the Primal/Crossfit team. Team Primal would kick a$$ and take names, huh? Now that is a show I would watch!

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opalinesque View Post
    I found this travesty at the local Safeway and just HAD to take pictures to share.
    This kind of stuff makes my inner Dale Gribble twitch. How can they legally call it "half-and-half", and not, like, "dairy-based creamer" or some other non-food euphemism? Oh, right, because the FDA isn't in the business of protecting the integrity of food labeling. Ugh.

@Fabbecky: there isn't a single brand of heavy cream at our chain stores here that don't have added ingredients. I can buy whole cream in glass bottles from a local creamery, but it costs an arm and a leg. I get mine from a cow share but still have to buy carageenen-gum-thickened cream for my husband who doesn't like the flavor of grass fed dairy. I just look for the one with the highest fat content and hope for the best. ><
    Last edited by mixie; 02-03-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    This kind of stuff makes my inner Dale Gribble twitch. How can they legally call it "half-and-half", and not, like, "dairy-based creamer" or some other non-food euphemism? Oh, right, because the FDA isn't in the business of protecting the integrity of food labeling. Ugh.
    This is a monstrous fail.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Instead of eggs with yolk try 2 egg whites; or choose a commercially made, cholesterol-free egg substitute (1/4 cup).
    Oh, a commercially made, cholesterol-free egg substitute sounds so appetising.

/sarcasm

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Oh, a commercially made, cholesterol-free egg substitute sounds so appetising.

/sarcasm
    I was trying some program that recommended Egg Beaters. I bought some, thinking it was just eggs...LOL NOPE! all kinds of weird additives! I was like wtf?

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Twibble- Because of the way the forum reroutes things, that link sends you to the last page of my journal.
    Chocolate Valentino Cake
    from Sweet Treats by Chef Wan
    <snip>

Thank you! I did Google it the other day but I appreciate you posting it here
    Last edited by Jaradel; 02-03-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

tobias is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    This is quite possibly the WORST thing I've EVER read regarding "health":

Healthier foods for your heart - chicagotribune.com

And it's in the name of "heart health month". This is a downright ethical abomination. People are actually going to DO THIS. I've read a lot of awful articles written in the name of "health", but this is the only one I've ever seen advocating the use of MARGARINE. I mean really, MARGARINE. Even the most adamantly anti-saturated fat buffoons know that MARGARINE IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Even Paula Deen said she'll never drop butter for margarine because it's one molecule away from plastic. I'm getting dry heaves reading this.
    the sad thing is, is that in my pre-primal days, i would have taken every single one of those recommendations to heart...now the list absolutely disgusts me!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    I was trying some program that recommended Egg Beaters. I bought some, thinking it was just eggs...LOL NOPE! all kinds of weird additives! I was like wtf?
    Yeah I used to eat egg beaters x( So much fail. its basically just egg whites, pasteurized, with a bunch of extra crap thrown in to give it color and "nutrients." Ironically, I have since learned that some people who have reactions to eggs (as I believe I do) react to the egg WHITE and not the egg yolk. Last two mornings I have had yolk-only omlettes and felt fine. *sigh* so many wasted years...
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!