Page 311 of 868 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411811 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 8677

Thread: Funny CW moments page 311

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    agh. on KSFO this morning, they were talking about "the best food for breakfast" and I was like "yes!". The dj ws even like "guys, you'll love this!" and I was like "Woohoo! its gonna be bacon!" and the dj goes "the best food for breakfast is sushi!! Yep, the perfect breakfast is a mix of carbs and protein and sushi fits that! also good is cold pizza, chinese food, burritos, huevos rancheros. bacon, eggs, cereal? forget it!"

:C dreams crushed.
    Ha, when I read "sushi" I was like, "oh ok, yeah I guess I can see that..." and then i kept reading, and my dreams were crushed as well.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Uch! I'm having one of those days where I'm overwhelmingly frustrated with CW in general. (And the hard-headed sheep who follow it!)
    I've had more than a few of those since I started going full time barefoot in 06.
    Today's is probably exacerbated by the fact that I'm babysitting littles for a cousin and in the diaper bag is a sippy of juice, crackers, and a bottle of low fat milk. Not a huge deal, but just an extra little itch to add to the irritation. It makes me sad because she is suffering from arthritis and so is her 3 year old daughter (RA)!! They are some of my fav people, so I'm trying to share my Primal exuberance and hope it catches on!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    A colleague of mine is on a diet and he was showing me his meal plan rather proudly. Monday breakfast: cereal, ...i stopped reading. I told him may be he could consider replacing the cereal with eggs. He said to me, " but, it is balanced!". I told him, "ok why don't you smoke two cigarettes (he does not smoke), drink half a pint of beer and eat a bit of chocolate cake as well?". It will be more balanced and since balanced is good it will be even better.

He was taken aback. He is a PhD!!

I told him to go and find any credible scientific evidence in favour of his balanced meal. I know he wont go. For some reason, the more educated one is, the more readily they are to "expert opinions" and less amenable they are to critical thought.
    Few but ripe.

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    For some reason, the more educated one is, the more readily they are to "expert opinions" and less amenable they are to critical thought.
    You're joking... right?
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    You're joking... right?
    most of my friends (all with masters degrees) still say, "but there are studies saying balanced diet is good, there are studies saying saturated fat is bad, my doctor says i should cut doen on cholestrol and saturated fat". not one so far has even actually bothered to look up those studies. it is done deal. everything else that comes from blogosphere is quakery.
    Few but ripe.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Sad CW moment: on the phone with my mama last night, told her my husband is considering an officer commission in the Navy, but that he'd need to lose another ten or fifteen pounds to make weight.
    Hubby just retired from 22 years active duty as an officer in the Navy. Best thing we ever did. It's worth every moment. Tell him I said so.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Difficult CW two weeks. DS and DIL were here with their two boys: 2 yrs and 6 months. It was a CW SAD diet explosion. She is Bipolar, 21, drinks Dr. Pepper every day (at least two a day), chows on Ramen all the time or has canned soup. He is 22, overweight and eats pizza and eats as bad as her. The 2 yo eats toast and sugary cereal unless grandma (me) can make him eggs and bacon in the morning (from our own chickens). If Grandma gets eggs down his throat, then he isn't hungry until lunch, if Grandpa makes him cereal and toast, then he's hungry two hours later and we're prying him off the ceiling. They've started the baby on rice cereal, but he was getting so hungry, they put him on meat, per the DR's orders, and he's finally getting enough to eat with veggies and carrots and sweet potatoes. And what in God's name are those horrible rice sticks that come two to a package that literally dissolve as the kid eats them.. something like mum mums or something like that.

How could I have ever fed that to my children. What was I thinking?
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I guess the 3 of us were just freaks of nature. Dad did his damnedest to make sure we ate real food like him and Mom, not "that jarred crap." Mom was the one with the Cheerios, etc, and that was only in public where carting perishable stuff wasn't really an option. We were just too poor for most of the "baby only" foods. Whatever Mom and Dad got, we ate, just in more kid friendly sizes. Then again, we drank formula because Mom saw breast feeding as "shameful, like we can't even afford to get something good for y'all to drink," so six in one, half dozen in the other.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    most of my friends (all with masters degrees) still say, "but there are studies saying balanced diet is good, there are studies saying saturated fat is bad, my doctor says i should cut doen on cholestrol and saturated fat". not one so far has even actually bothered to look up those studies. it is done deal. everything else that comes from blogosphere is quakery.
    One of the things an education teaches you is that the plural of "anecdote" is not "data". I know a lot of people who can't think their way out of a wet paper sack. Some of them are PhDs, but plenty more barely scraped out of high school. Dr. Phil and Oprah's fortunes tell me that there are plenty of mouth-breathers who are perfectly happy to believe everything the "experts" have to say, even when those "experts" are... idiots like Dr. Phil.
    In fact, if we're basing our opinions on anecdotal evidence here, I'd offer that the only people who have listened, done the research, and followed up with their own efforts at the PB in my own life are two PhDs, one NP, one PsyD, and an RN of 52 years practice. All of my family members with a high school or trade school education have been struggling on Weight Watchers for years, and after watching me lose weight effortlessly for a year, just re-joined WW for their "New Year's Resolution".
    A good education teaches you healthy critical thinking skills. That's... more or less the entire point of the thing.
    Last edited by mixie; 02-02-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    ...the plural of "anecdote" is not "data".
    Love that.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com