Page 31 of 871 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131531 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 31

goingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Here's one: we were wrapping up our breast cancer awareness fundraiser the end of last month, and for the 'finale' the lady who planned it brought in a bunch of pink ribbon items "to support the cause". Among the items? A huge box of Frito Lay single serve chips in a special 'pink ribbon box' and cookies decorated with pink ribbon icing and sprinkles. Everyone was ecstatic and gobbled it all up.

Apparently they really care about the treatment of disease...not so much the prevention.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    hahah - I got offered from a PR company - a big box of Krispy Kreme pink ice donunts - in aid of Breast Cancer...

er..

WTF??
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    hahah - I got offered from a PR company - a big box of Krispy Kreme pink ice donunts - in aid of Breast Cancer...

er..

WTF??
    Whats wrong with that? When everyone starts dying of diabetes it'll mean the breast cancer rates are down.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post

er..

WTF??
    I know- equally ridiculous are the coffee and cake mornings held to raise money for cancer research. I no longer donate to any of those type of charities.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    Does anyone else know folks who rinse their ground beef after cooking to get rid of the fat? A friend, who is very health-conscious in a CW way, told me she does that. I was amazed--never heard of it before.
    Oh yes that was standard dieting advice in the 80 s. I think popular healthy eating author Jane Brody was one of the proponents.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    A little off topic, but i need to share. I found a copy of Life Magazine from 1968. The highlights for me were 2 ads. 1) "For digestion sake, smoke a Camel" it was a full page telling you to smoke a Camel cig. after every course @ Thanksgiving. 2) was an ad from some defunct Sugar council telling us to "eat sugar, it pure energy? Classic stuff
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    So a co-worker of mine likes to talk about nutrition and fitness stuff with me. He's an ex-wrestler, used to be super ripped (or something). The other day, he was talking to me about how he wants to get back into a fitness routine, eat right, all that jazz. He tells me what he had for lunch: a packet of mashed potatoes, can of green beans, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and a glass of cranberry juice. He's very proud because he hit all the food groups (?!), so I ask him where's the protein? Response: "Oh, I have my protein at dinner. Aren't you supposed to only have it once a day?"

O_o

(and then later he asked me if running a lot would help develop/define the six-pack he misses)

Griff is offline Senior Member
    So I'm at Costco tonight, buying 18-count cartons of free-range locally farmed eggs (with the boosted O3s, of course, and the dark-orange yolks). I get to three cartons (what I needed) in my cart, and notice that this lady across the aisle is just staring at me, round-eyed. I look at her and smile as I set the third carton down and make sure it won't tip over. She says, "Do you work at a restaurant or something?"

"No," I say.

The silence stretches, and she can't stand it. "What are all those eggs for, then?" she finally asks.

"Oh, they're for me," I say.

She's stunned. "Uh... how long do eggs last?"

"Oh, about a week," I say, getting ready to walk away.

"I thought eggs were good for a few weeks past their due date. Do eggs really only last for a week?" she says, checking her box of "egg product" for its expiration date in a near-panic.

"They do in my house," I say, and walk away chuckling.

She follows me - I kid you not. "You eat that many eggs in a WEEK? What about your cholesterol?"

I shrug. "I don't worry about my cholesterol. You shouldn't, either." And I walk away, grinning, leaving her staring after me in shock and confusion.

It's such fun to mess with the CW brain.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    So I'm at Costco tonight, buying 18-count cartons of free-range locally farmed eggs (with the boosted O3s, of course, and the dark-orange yolks). I get to three cartons (what I needed) in my cart, and notice that this lady across the aisle is just staring at me, round-eyed. I look at her and smile as I set the third carton down and make sure it won't tip over. She says, "Do you work at a restaurant or something?"

"No," I say.

The silence stretches, and she can't stand it. "What are all those eggs for, then?" she finally asks.

"Oh, they're for me," I say.

She's stunned. "Uh... how long do eggs last?"

"Oh, about a week," I say, getting ready to walk away.

"I thought eggs were good for a few weeks past their due date. Do eggs really only last for a week?" she says, checking her box of "egg product" for its expiration date in a near-panic.

"They do in my house," I say, and walk away chuckling.

She follows me - I kid you not. "You eat that many eggs in a WEEK? What about your cholesterol?"

I shrug. "I don't worry about my cholesterol. You shouldn't, either." And I walk away, grinning, leaving her staring after me in shock and confusion.

It's such fun to mess with the CW brain.
    Hahahah. You could have at least given her a link to your cholesterol primer!
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    From my journal: I was talking with someone about New York City's ban on trans fats in restaurants, and they grouped Crisco and lard together as if they were the same thing... I said that lard isn't a trans fat, so they then guessed that butter was a trans fat, which I shot down, and then they guessed coconut oil, which I also shot down.
    Technically, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a trans-fat and is naturally-occurring in many saturated fats (lard, butter, milk, meat). Unfortunately, it's lumped with other trans fats that actually are bad for you and so are also included in the bans.