Page 306 of 871 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406806 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 8707

Thread: Funny CW moments page 306

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Listening to grandmother about her cardiac rehab, watching her eat a cupcake.

Given up on the family personally, it's just funny to watch them slowly kill themselves.

It's the only way I can even bear to watch it.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    My dad is currently the highest weight he's ever been, and this while he counts every calorie by eating nothing but lean cuisine-type frozen dinners and 100 calorie packs of, you guessed it, chocolate snack cakes and twinkies and cookies and shit. He's recently gone even more "healthy" by getting a juicer and making a huge sugary fruit blend every morning. And he wonders why he is always tired and has acid reflux and can't sleep through the night, in addition to high blood pressure and being overweight with a huge pregnant belly. But he counts calories! How could this infallible system fail!

I've managed to convince him to go low-carb, but he's still saying he's going to use it just to lose weight and then switch to something more "moderate" with more exercise when he's lighter so he can go back to eating sugary snack cakes again. Sigh..

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Today at work, two coworkers were saying that someone was giving up all grains and refined sugars, and how hard that must be. I piped up, said I did the same over a year ago, and other than the rare cheat, haven't found it that hard. The look I got was priceless. I told them that my choice is feel terrible and be in pain from my fibro, or eat veggies, meat and fruit. Makes it an easy choice.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Don't tell her. Seriously.
    I feed my dogs and cat raw (+4 years)
    The "dangers" of salmonella from feeding your pets raw are the same as the "dangers" of salmonella while you are preparing your own food.
    Put their food on a plate or placemat. Wash your hands. After they eat, pick it up and wash it.
    Easy.
    Logically, I know that salmonella, etc., is mostly a CW scare tactic. I even have a plan to go a step further with the cat's raw food hygiene by grinding the meat at home and freezing it immediately, etc, versus getting pre-ground meat (more surface area for bacteria to multiply in if it's not stored properly). They don't like raw meaty bones yet.

I think it's just a mix of emotional hangups. First of all, that vet did her damndest for our kitty, and was really there for us when we had to let him go. When I put them back on raw I'm going to be straight with her about it whether she likes it or not, but I respect and like her. I think I'm also terrified that I might have contributed to our late kitty's illness, even though that's not very likely for a cat his age (there's a chance it was FIP vs bowel cancer). I suppose I'm worried that I might kill my other two cats by f-ing up their raw diet.

It's kind of ironic, because considering my own health, my diet is my own business and I don't have any CW hangups about it. I'm learning a lot about how food makes me feel. But with the cats, it's so much harder to disregard the CW... It seems like veterinary science is still relatively new regarding house cats, and they are so freaking good at hiding it when they're suffering.

I suppose every time I have a frustration with human CW, I should put it in perspective by thinking about my cats, lol. It's confusing, and I can see how someone might get fat phobia after many years of CW conditioning. You don't want to be responsible for poisoning yourself, or worse, your family.
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    Went to the pet store today because I'm putting my dogs on a grain free diet... 3 full rows of grain free organic food made with free range, grass fed meats... Meanwhile, when I want to eat grass fed, i need to order it from my farmer 4 months in advance.. Wtf? How come people can figure out grains are shit food when it comes to their pets, but not when it comes to their own diet??? Mind blown. I figured I'd have to hunt up and down for something suitable... Nope, 3 full aisles of awesome food. The dogs are eating better than me until my next share comes in.
    Dog food has a ton of grain free options? In cat food there was only one type of canned food. I think maybe I should look up what, if anything, needs to be added to dog food to be okay for cats.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My SIL asked about my weights routine, as she's always on the hunt for something new and different. I tell her about it, including my new PRs regarding bench pressing (45 lb) and good mornings (45 lb.) Her response was about what I expected: "won't that make you really bulky?" I try to explain the whole "women are made to lift more than 5 lbs" concept, using her lifting her 7 yr old daughter as an example. Just as I think I'm getting through to her, she makes me stop in my tracks with "well, I don't need to lift really heavy stuff anyways, so there's no point in me doing weights." WhaHUH?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevdw View Post
    Logically, I know that salmonella, etc., is mostly a CW scare tactic. I even have a plan to go a step further with the cat's raw food hygiene by grinding the meat at home and freezing it immediately, etc, versus getting pre-ground meat (more surface area for bacteria to multiply in if it's not stored properly). They don't like raw meaty bones yet.
    Salmonella is mostly a large factory farm concern. When salmonella develops, it is in the gut of unhealthy animals. Healthy, pasture raised chickens RARELY have salmonella. And it's passed to the eggs through the hen. So, if you are worried about trich. and salm. eat the animals that are pastured and free range. My dogs eat the occasional carcass from one of our own chickens, when processed. They eat the whole thing, bones, stuff clinging to the backbone, some organs and all.

We feed grain free as dogs only get minimal grain in the wild (stomach contents of animals). But I do know the passion for this is similar to the passion in people over Primal/CW.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    I think maybe I should look up what, if anything, needs to be added to dog food to be okay for cats.
    Taurine. Beyond that I don't know, but cats can't synthesize their own and need it from dietary sources.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My SIL asked about my weights routine, as she's always on the hunt for something new and different. I tell her about it, including my new PRs regarding bench pressing (45 lb) and good mornings (45 lb.) Her response was about what I expected: "won't that make you really bulky?" I try to explain the whole "women are made to lift more than 5 lbs" concept, using her lifting her 7 yr old daughter as an example. Just as I think I'm getting through to her, she makes me stop in my tracks with "well, I don't need to lift really heavy stuff anyways, so there's no point in me doing weights." WhaHUH?
    Okay there are really still women out there that believe lifting weights will make them bulky? I cringe every time I hear/read a trainer saying "women need to lift heavy weights too... won't bulk up..." because I think to myself - well DUH of course we won't bulk up! Maybe it's because I have been lifting weights since I was 15 and I'm 34 now. I love lifting weights and have always hated cardio.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbecky View Post
    Okay there are really still women out there that believe lifting weights will make them bulky? I cringe every time I hear/read a trainer saying "women need to lift heavy weights too... won't bulk up..." because I think to myself - well DUH of course we won't bulk up! Maybe it's because I have been lifting weights since I was 15 and I'm 34 now. I love lifting weights and have always hated cardio.
    I know GUYS who don't even want to do a deadlift.

It's like they're afraid of their health or something... oh wait!
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-30-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"