Page 3 of 869 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 3

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Fuel

As in, with water? Or methyl ethyl ketone? That will dissolve all the fat, although you might have cancer by tomorrow!

No, pretty weird. I use paper towels to mop up the obvious excess.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Obvious excess in meat fat? That's a funny CW moment

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ha seriously. When I cook a whole chicken in the oven I pick all of the meat off, put it in a container, then pour all the leftover broth and fat in the pan into the storage container. Gotta fatten up that breast meat!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Crystal W. Guest

My mother in law bought me a toaster for christmas, what was she trying to say? She knows I haven't eaten bread in 8 years.

I took it back to the store. Yep, sure did.

Cystal, sounds pretty passive-aggressive to me!

maba is offline Senior Member

I could have been any of these people you all talk about. But I never cared for the processed stuff though, I ate only ate "healthy" you see - whole grains - spelt, kamut, barley, brown rice, quinoa etc., natural sweeteners like blackstrap molasses, agave (aarrghh!), honey, raw cane sugar. I spent half an hour trimming the fat off a chicken breast! But now I know better.

So, the other day, I made some boiled egg curry for the husband dear, he'd already eaten a 2-egg omelette that morning, so he ate the white and was about to discard the precious pastured-yolks. Fortunately, I managed to stop him from doing that just in time and ate up the yolks. Sigh.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

annadragon, sassafrass, serialsinner

I havent done a lit search yet (but oooh how Ive been wanting to!). I just shadowed a surgeon and as part of post-diagnostic care they reccomend a lowfat diet. It makes sense, if the fat REALLY does feed the cancer. But there are SO MANY different types of cancers, receptors, mutations and exceptions that I dont know if that statement is true in all cases. Ill get back to you all on thing b/c I am dying to know.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Crystal W. - My mother does things like that. Drives me CRAZY!

I went to visit my parents yesterday. My mom made these cute tiny sandwiches for my dad and I. She knows I don't eat bread. So, she brings out the dish. I told her "Thank you but I don't eat bread." to which she replies "But it's 5-grain." *forehead slap* Then she gets mad when I turn it down still. She's always doing stuff like that. I guess she doesn't think I'm serious when I say "I don't eat ________."

maba is offline Senior Member

This is SO not funny, it actually makes me want to cry because it's my sister we're talking about. I was talking to her over the phone and told her how excited I was to have found extra virgin coconut oil in the store here and she said that my cardiologist b-i-l thinks its a bad idea to use coconut oil and that she's using canola oil instead. I want to cry, I REALLY want to cry.

@maba: Another successful brainwashing!

Maybe some of the info on the Weston Price foundation site will at least plant some seeds.