Page 296 of 901 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396796 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 296

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Watching a commercial for Kashi Go Lean cereal. They are promoting the fact that a serving has as much protein as an egg. Um... so just eat an egg, ffs!!!
    But the egg has FAAAAT in it!

I love going through online recipes looking for directions on how long to cook X cut of meat and about 2/3 of the recipes I skim over say things like "This recipe uses chicken/turkey instead of beef and other red meats, so it's much better for you!"

And by "love" I mean "want to leave a flaming bag of poo on these recipe writers' doorsteps".

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    My GotD: It's Saturday and I can't sleep in to save my life. The second the sun comes up, I bounce out of bed. ARRGH. If I had wanted to be up at the buttcrack of dawn on a Saturday, I'd have got married and had kids!
    Definitely takes getting used to. I actually have to wait for stores to be open now!

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    The grocery store's food magazine, again:

A better beef stew:
    This dinnertime classic trims the fat - and you won't even notice the difference.

[...] some classic versions can rack up as many as 620 calories per serving [...] so we gave the traditional beef stew recipe a slim-down.

They made a beef stew recipe that provides 270 calories per serving. It is shocking that they feel the need to reduce calories so much on what is normally the most filling meal of the day for many families!

So: you'll need to eat 3 bowls to feel just as full.

Or: you'll need to get the missing calories elsewhere. What is it going to be? Cookies? Ice cream before bed? Peanut butter jelly sandwich?
    Don't you know? The starving feeling is what actually causes the weight loss.

Savannah is offline Member
    So I was googleing "change fitday percentages" to see if I could get the app to stop freaking out that I'm eating too much protein and fat (My impression of the FitDay App Goblin: U've exceeded your daily protein limit!!!!1!! OMG I have to put this in RED so that u understand what you did wrong. Uz gonna diiiiiiiii !!! Y un no eat carbs?)

Couldn't find that. But I did find this:
    The Three Primary Macronutrients and Their Importance

A quote:
    Glucose is essential for the body, as it is the preferred source of energy in our brain, heart and central nervous system. For this reason, your diet should consist of at least 45 to 65 percent carbohydrate
    F*ck you, Fitday. I'm going to go eat ALL THE SATURATED FAT EVER, just to make your tiny little electronic brain explode.
    Last edited by Savannah; 01-22-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: I before E except after C does not apply to protein.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Word. Except those "Beef, it's what's for dinner," commercials they used to run. I never see them anymore, hm....
    And the incredible edible egg!

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    So I was googleing "change fitday percentages" to see if I could get the app to stop freaking out that I'm eating too much protein and fat (My impression of the FitDay App Goblin: U've exceeded your daily protein limit!!!!1!! OMG I have to put this in RED so that u understand what you did wrong. Uz gonna diiiiiiiii !!! Y un no eat carbs?
    Finally figured out how to customize the macronutrient amounts on MyFitnessPal. Now the only thing it dings me on is when I go below 1200 calories in a day, and that rarely happens.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Watching a commercial for Kashi Go Lean cereal. They are promoting the fact that a serving has as much protein as an egg. Um... so just eat an egg, ffs!!!
    I saw that add but you beat me to the post...lol. There point is that with their cereal you get the benefit of all that whole grain...wtf!!!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

HavMom is offline Junior Member

"We have a lot of creamers!" They sure do. :(

I live in a small town - only one grocery store. It recently changed to a Save-a-Lot. My first time in there, the cashier asked, "Did you find everything?" I said, "no, you don't have cream." She said, "oh yes, we have a lot of creamers!" I said, "No, those are corn syrup, not cream." I got the deer in the headlight look! So SAD!

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    F*ck you, Fitday. I'm going to go eat ALL THE SATURATED FAT EVER, just to make your tiny little electronic brain explode.
    LOL!
    I "hear" this in a tiny little ANGRY voice. And then I laugh some more.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post